ZIDOO Series your NEW Top 3 Features you Want Added Not please Fix Thread !

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

I.) 2nd HDMI out switchable or parallel (so TV and AVR or etc. Beamer can be connected)
    II.) solid performance like native player = ZDMC (which works better, shame)
    III.) rollback of FW possible out of the Menu

fedofed and DELUCAS like this.
  2. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

multichanell support in dsd and iso files from sacd

Osmar, karipu and DELUCAS like this.
  3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Thats two !
    One more ;)

Osmar likes this.
  4. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

I can't think of anything

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

What about DVD-Audio support? Fits in that list nicely. :D

Osmar likes this.
  6. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

[QUOTE = "Nice Monkey, post: 140727, member: 4756"] A co z obsługą DVD-Audio? Ładnie pasuje do tej listy. :RE[/ZACYTOWAĆ]
    there might actually be support for this format

7. Nice Monkey

There is not for sure! Requires special DVD menu processing and MLP decompression for the HD-tracks.

Keep in mind a DVD-Audio will play mostly in DVD-Video compatibility mode for the SD audio DD/DTS tracks. This might give you the false impression it is supported? Seen even rips without extracting the AUDIO_TS folder which does not make sense as the HD audio is only there to be found.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    fedofed likes this.
  8. DELUCAS

1 New Oled Display window
    2 Remove Front Usb ports for a cleaner look
    3 Brushed Black Alloy Look
    4 Bluetooth 5.2

i know got carried away with 4

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    fedofed likes this.
  9. Nice Monkey

Very few essential missing features (except for Music Player) also clearly seen here again. What is missing is that it just all works flawless.
    Dune's are getting momentum exactly due to that point.

A better front display so that it can be used as a Music Player is welcome but again that was announced 2 years ago already (Zidoo X or Zidoo Neo or whatever).

fedofed and Mabon like this.
  10. DELUCAS

I noticed the Zidoo Display still has more inf on it than the newer Dunes out !
    Need to confirm on there top model but dislike there analogue old type Font display unless changeable in settings / firmware etc

Still prefer Zidoo Digital Modern Look :)

11. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Add delay/pause playback to SDR-HDR change.

We have delay/pause option for frame-rate and resolution change, but not SDR-HDR change.

If you set your frame-rate to 23.796 Hz and resolution to 2160p (disabling resolution change to have Zidoo upscale 1080p video instead of the TV), there is no longer a reason for Zidoo to delay/pause the playback (unless the video is not 23.976 Hz which is very rare).

So when changing from SDR to HDR (or vice-versa) the video plays immediately, you can hear the sound but the TV is still in handshake status. This causes the video to appear a few seconds after playback.

PS: Maybe a good idea to rename "Frame Rate Pause" to "Playback Pause" because it can be both frame-rate and resolution (and hopefully SDR-HDR in future).

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  12. Junkie_000

Junkie_000 New Member

1. Add a high speed USB port to the back of the unit so that you can not see cables sticking out the side.
    2. Larger front display eg, Z9X has more black space on the display then actual display, could be at least 2x larger.
    3. Full support for menu playback from DVD,BLURAY,UHD,3D at the moment these are all very glitchy and worked much nicer on the X10. My Dune HD Pro 4K II handled these with no problems.

DIKKE, fedofed, Osmar and 1 other person like this.
  13. 1) Add "VS10 Engine" settings and HDR option to the "quick menu".
    2) Detaching antennas for *9* modeles, as well as more than half of people use LAN.
    3) I wouldn't mind if the clock also showed seconds, but that's not important :)

If, after 3 years, the non-functional download of French subtitles started to work, I would call it progress.
    Instead of an Android Phone, I would welcome Android TV (an application optimized for remote control) with the necessary certificates for streaming services, but I'm not naive.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    DELUCAS likes this.
  14. DELUCAS

Sound like you need the Z10 Pro it has 2 of your req’s
    But agree Android TV would have been a better move for Zidoo for the future .

15. Nice Monkey

Obviously Android TV runs nicely on RTD1619DR as the competition is doing so. The problem as I understood is that it is not allowed to make changes to its Android core which the Realtek SDK for sure does.

16. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

- An option to lock sound volume
    - Add « OFF » in the choices of start and end bookmarks time
    - An option to clean database when you remove movies

And I agree for a black edition with USB ports to the back (instead of the front) for the next gen boxes. :D

DELUCAS likes this.
  17. DELUCAS

I remember way back at times the in colour was Gold !
    and still have two Sony S7700 dvd players .

18. Maybe.

But in my opinion, ZIDOO devices with 2Gb are very limited memory.
    Example :
    - When I start the DVD, the RAM is used to 100% and everything is written to SWAP:
    * As you can see, the free RAM is around 50Mo. SWAP is 80% full when you start a DVD or BD, everything is congested and the OS slows down

[​IMG]

I don't have any applications and after starting Zidoo, I have only 150 -> 450Mo free available for using, this is that's very very little, I would compare it to the memory on Amazon Fire Stick for $ 50.

Thus, in my opinion, Android TV cannot be mediated not due to the SDK, but due to HW (RAM) limitations.
    When the mobile version of Android no longer has enough RAM, Android TV will definitely not run :)

PS: In "LOG" I also read that, for example, the freezing of the player also comes from a lack of memory.
    (32bit limitation as in the case of some audio formats = hour and end)

DIKKE likes this.
  19. I agree for 2nd HDMI out!
    & support for Alexa voice control!

fedofed likes this.
  20. vipkekko

vipkekko Member

HDMI nativo multicanale dsd
    2 -lettore multimediale , come jriver
    Riconoscimento nativo metadati dolby vision, hdr 10. E hdr 10+

fedofed likes this.