Confirmed aggregated problems upto FW V6.4(7).42 (no feature requests)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Screenshot HD Audio Downmix.png
    As I question both this button's function and description, I wonder this should be considered a (old) bug or something else.
    Anyways, when enabled, TrueHD 7.1 is still put out as TrueHD 7.1, according to my AVR.

Attached Files:

2. SandorM

SandorM New Member

Hello,
    Just a suggestion for this list

LG “simplink” is not working with zidoo

3. Yaniv Dayan

Yaniv Dayan New Member

Still can't play UHD movies, There is HTMI edid problem. If you pause the movie, play it back it sometimes solves the issue and than you get a picture. But when you start playing, you simply get a blank screen !

4. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

No Polish language in the settings.

HTC 4.0.49 (Zidoo Z10 pro)

Earlier I could (in Zidoo X10) set up posters and descriptions in Polish.
    upload_2021-2-16_12-3-24.jpeg

5. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

5.1 DTS HDMA is displayed as 7.1 DTS in the player info (but it plays well as DTS HDMA 5.1 on amp)

bones7 and DELUCAS like this.
  6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Item #13 on the list.

7. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

PGS streams (SUP) in HDR video are deliberately authored with much darker color/grey than in SDR.

When Dolby VS10 engine is set to handle SDR video, the subtitles are displayed way too bright. It's rather uneasy to the eyes and it looks awfully unfit to the video itself. The PGS stream seems to be processed as "authored for HDR".
    I think this is a bug that needs ironing out.

8. Nice Monkey

Consider this a feature request not a bug. ;)

9. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member

Hello, The download of subtitles (French) does not work at all. Thx

10. Nice Monkey

Will check for SATA/USB shares as I don't use a NAS (Zidoo is my NAS SMB Server).

Also will check French subs, but with the latest FW update my set preferences were gone. Please check.

11. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

You could put the issues 5 and 6 in green now: solved with the last firmware. Maybe we could also add the 7 as we know where is the pb now: since HT4.O, it’s not possible anymore to use season folders. You must put all the episodes from all the seasons directly in the main folder of a TV Show.

But there is still room for improvement of the scrape accuracy though: the movies with short name (3 characters or less) are not scraped. And there is a conflict between numbers used in the title of a movie and the release date in brackets: for example, « 2001, a space odyssey (1968) ».

I still have problems with the weather app not always loading the city saved in the settings at the start of the player. I also have a loss of sound for a couple of seconds when I resume a movie after a pause, no matter the kind of audio codec coming with the movies.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  12. Nice Monkey

Can others confirm this?

13. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member

Default Language > Online Subtitle > Français (France).

I still have the message : Search for Subtitles failed

Thx

14. Nice Monkey

I can confirm french subtitle search failing. Can't confirm grid view resetting after boot using USB.

15. Downloading FR subtitles did not work 5 years ago and still does not work today.
    I have already encountered this problem with the Z9S and now with the Z9X. I don't think it will ever work
    By the way, it's not just FR. CS, SK, DN subtitles do not work either.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  16. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member

Hello,

The listing of several audio CDs is not taken into account especially for vinyls

1-01, 1-02...
    2-01; 2-02...

Zidoo music : 1-01, 2-01, 1-02, 2-02...

Thx

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  17. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

still cannot have a "back/return" function from my optional remote (minix neo A2) only on HT
    i love to use z9x remote but since it messing with my projector, for now i using 2remote for z9x and it very inconvenience
    just using z9x remote for "back/return" :(

18. Gatecrasher

Gatecrasher New Member

How can (2) in the original list be acceptable?

Not playing DVD menus or DVD-A discs is ridiculous for a streamer. If I'd know I'd have bought a Dune instead, it's worked on those forever!

19. Nice Monkey

DVD Menu's do work on Zidoo despite with cosmetic errors. This is the same on Dune as far as I know.
    I doubt Dune will play DVD-Audio not being the DVD-Video compatible audio tracks mostly present for compatibility.

20. Hi Nice Monkey :)

Since I own both Zidoo and "Dune 4K II" I would not be so unambiguous.
    Administrators do not like, when someone mentions "DUNE" here But :

DVDs, BDs, BDJs that I run on DUNE, have a completely different behavior than on ZIDOO. What is most felt is reactivity & FullBD-MENU. The difference "2Gb" vs. The "4Gb" in the BD menu reactivity is huge
    Wwhen using "Zidoo", some menus are completely chopped, while on DUNE they go for a hunt for butter.

-- but a comment just to annoy :p : Especially when I use Dune_Poster which is not as aesthetically pleasing as ZIDOO, I don't need to rename my whole library to properly analyze the content / and one peculiarity, I noticed that DUNE scans folders with BDMV straight as a Blu-ray image which is a big plus for me.
    Off course ZIDOO is equipped with the VS10 engine, which is completely absent on the DUNE 4K II.

7. TV Series scrap accuracy (in french, other language to be confirmed)
    I can confirm.

X. Perhaps I would add the item "Downloading FR subtitles not working". apparently several languages are affected, not just FR.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021