ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Belashx

Belashx New Member

Hi!
    I'm thinking about to get a Z9X, but I didn't find solution a possible issue.
    I use stereo amplifier, and I'm afraid the center channel's level will be low.
    Is there any option or something to boost dialogues volume? Is this an issue? I don't want to listen on the tv. I want to use optical out.

Thanks!

2. Stefano C

Stefano C Member

Hi everyone, I need help: I'm planning to buy a zidoo z9x..now I have a zidoo x9s but sometimes x9s doesn't recognize hdr video (so it reproduce with washed colors). This happened to any other prior x9s/now z9x ownder? Z9x fixed this thing (I think yes, but I ask...)?

I have another question: I'm alterning x9s with plex media server, but Plex when I reproduce hdr files can't reproduce correcly when .pgs/.vobsub subtitles enabled (just .srt works without problem). Zidoo x9s can reproduce hdr files with .srt AND .pgs but .vobsubs disappear in the list. Zidoo z9x can reproduce all subtitles formats in hdr playing?

Thanks to everyone.

3. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Can somebody confirm the Z9X not being able to playback .mka files?

4. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

mka it not supported by MP6 or HT4
    Screenshot_20210208-172204.png

5. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Damn!

Well, I guess I asked for it...
    Thanks for confirmation, McBluna. I now remember having seen that screen before way earlier, but plainly forgot.

6. Ioannis

Ioannis New Member

Hello, the last days ziddo { fw v6. 1.05) doesn't update Home Theater 4.0 with new movies I add. Also I don't see the update dots on the right down corner.
    Through Media center I can see the movies.

Any idea?

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I see this very occasionally but it then seems to sort itself out - just select the source in HT4, press <menu> and hit "Update"

Screenshot_20210212-123803.png

8. vddan

vddan Active Member

Personally, I regularly have to manually update some of my hard disks, which are marked '0'!

9. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

mka is not a common audio format just for muxing/demuxing mkv .......

10. Serkan Akgoz

Serkan Akgoz New Member

Hi, my firmware is 6.1.05 and I cant play 3D iso with latest firmware when I play movie just black screen showing so
    Does anyone have the same problem as me?

11. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

12. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Maybe for you. There is a large group of matroska adepts having audiofiles and music stored within mka. The container is tremendously versatile and is eagerly made use of.
    Multi-codec & -track support, tagging options, and the much appreciated embracing of attachments are not easily found in other 1-file soundformats.
    Since mka shares an identical construct with mkv, it rather baffles me Zidoo not supporting it.

13. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

Hello
    I'm interested in whether Zidoo HOMETHEATER can find covers for these films ?!

Can anyone try this out?

Can you rename a movie for me With a period between the words? Will Zidoo find cover?

Movie
    Example "Breakthrough.2019.2160p.Bluray.mkv

And TV Series
    Example: "Fargo.S04E03.1080p.mkv

Thank You

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  14. Markswift2003

Yes - it finds both those titles as named above.

The dot acts as a delimiter so in the case of the .2160 and the .1080 it uses those to display resolution badges on the fanart page.

15. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

Thank you
    That was only due to the sample with 1080p and 2160p.
    I've heard that movies can be good at Zidoo, but there are problems with series. Will Zidoo change anything here?
    Unable to sort films and series separately? How about PLEX? or does everything have to be in one cover area?

16. Markswift2003

I only use movies and it works great for me. As far as I know TV is ok as long as you name correctly - ie SeriesName - SxxExx.ext

The biggest issue, as with any scraper, comes from file naming.

You can sort films from Series - there's a section for each and you can create custom categories too.

17. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

Super
    Thanks You

Markswift2003 likes this.
  18. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I stumbled on something. Initially for other testing purposes, I created a full SBS (3840 x 1080) 3D mkv file out of a 3D-BD iso. However, I just gave the file a go with the Z9X. It played flawlessly.
    So, for those who like to playback/create full resolution SBS, it may be nice to know that this is possible. Note that I only tested with x264 encoder. X265 is on my to-do list.
    Also, for now, the mkv is created without subtitles. Proper 3D subtitling has its caveats to this type of video. These first need tackling.

19. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

Never heared of Audio Streaming Bridges supporting mka :) I have an Auralic Aries, a SBT, ROON endoints.............mostly stereo files (I use FLAC why use an additional container?)

OK, Cocktail Audio supports it.....but questions stays why an additional container?

20. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I don't know. I never suggested you should. Nothing wrong with FLAC.
    I said there's many people using mka, and for what reasons. For those, including myself, it's a pitty Zidoo doesn't support it.