Media Labels for HT4

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Attached is an updated PDF with new media labels for HT4 including Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDR10+ and a few others...

Attached Files:

Cyclion, Mabon, Rob W and 3 others like this.
  2. sandyj

sandyj Member

Thanks Markswift2003 is there an app that does the renaming of the files in the formats specified in the document I am currently using tiny MediaManager however it does not output the naming the HT4 wants in some cases.

e.g HT4 name - Tiny Media name
    1. dtshd - DTSHD-MA
    2. 5.1 - 6ch
    3.avchd - h264
    4. hdr - HDR10
    5. and on it goes.

It seems like Zidoo do there own thing that no other system seems to match up with manually naming a few files is no issue naming several hundred a major pain.

Mabon likes this.
  3. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

The best option would be to use MediaInfo like all the others are doing.
    I really hope that Zidoo will do that at some point.

Six66Mike, Netmask, spoonz and 2 others like this.
  4. sandyj

sandyj Member

Yes I also have a Zappiti which is excellent with the detection now seems to have improved greatly I just wish Zidoo would do it better as I like to see what the media is before playing it.

snapo6 likes this.
  5. Markswift2003

I use "Bulk Rename Utility" for this sort of thing. I must admit I don't bother setting labels myself, but using this utility you would select all your Atmos files for example and insert a suffix of .truehdatmos on them. Then it's a case of selecting other files depending on what labels you want to use etc..

6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

This is such a helpful post. I've never got into Poster Walls etc but now I have all my 4KUHD titles stored on my Zidoo's internal HDD, I'm tempted to give HT4 a go.

The only thing I'm not sure about is how this kind of software differentiates and treats a BDMV folder structure and an .mkv file in the same sub-folder? Or for that matter an .iso and an .mkv file in the same sub folder. Does it simply rename the main title's sub folder?

7. Markswift2003

This is a very powerful file renaming utility - it can rename files and folders recursively but you have to be careful as it'd be easy to bugger your files up!

It doesn't differentiate anything - you tell it what you want to rename.

8. sandyj

sandyj Member

Yes good idea have used these types of tools in the past but it might be a good idea if Zidoo used the Mediainfo naming conventions since lots of media management apps seem to follow that convention in naming thus making it easier for everyone to create the right naming with less effort. Otherwise they could do what sledgehamma suggested and add mediainfo into there media import process if that's possible.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  9. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Great for Windows. If you have a Mac, you can add text to a selected group of files with its built-in features.

10. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Cyclion and Markswift2003 like this.
  11. elpablo

elpablo New Member

If it helps, Rename Master (freeware by JoeJoe) shows a preview of the new names, I've been using it for years, very comfortable.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  12. sandyj

sandyj Member

That's a great resource I have been using that for a while now great job.

McBluna likes this.
  13. Good morning guys and happy Sunday ........ Surely I will have the wrong section to make my little problem known, so sorry and if I have to move my post, tell me without problems. Problem: I own Z9x with which I watch and listen to strictly original content, transferred 1: 1 on my Qnap NAS. If I use the z9x a lot, nothing, if I spend 2/3 days, when I turn on the Z9x, it has lost all the libraries (backup of the libraries on the NAS). Now I wonder: why this? I also tried to make backups on internal memory, even worse .......... There seems to be a ghost hand enjoying deleting my libraries on the Z9x. Sorry for the OT and thank you so much in advance, Andrea.

14. McBluna

Is there a way to figure out if a uhd iso has a dolby vision layer? I've tried Mediainfo but no luck. I would like to get that info into tinymediamanager.

15. Sledgehamma

BDInfo should to that. Not sure whether the iso needs to be mounted first, though.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  16. McBluna

I guess you meant BDInfo?

17. Sledgehamma

Haha, yes I did :D

18. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Not sure if MakeMKV lets you import an iso but if it doesn't, just mount it in a virtual optical drive, then import the index file into MakeMKV and select relevant Title et voila!

19. McBluna

I was looking for a solution to attach it to TMM, so it has to be cross platform and it needs a command line interface.

20. McBluna