NAS service

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by francishe, Sep 30, 2016.

1. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

120 ? thats a strange number. anyway. my router should be here soon. Plan is to get 30 MB over 5ghz wifi. the box antenas are 5 ghz, and the router has 4, distance is around 2m . So it should work :) in theory

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i think is still bugged... i changed the path. it did survive a reboot. but now. after i got home from work and power up the device. the torrent list is empty.

3. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Maybe it is cause by sda1 is not mount fast enought. Anyway I just start using it so I will follow!

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

thats my guess to. i moved it to the internal SD card. thats formated as internal memory

5. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

well... i have used it for 1+ week, several restarts, etc and it works almost perfect..... the only bug is, when i add a new torrent the connectivity for the transmission gui is lost for 20-30 seconds, but the torrent server is still running.
    Mounting speed should not be the problem, the server would catch up the config dir later also....

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Well. It derped on me today.

7. Sarco

I downloaded a file with transmision and everything work, but when I want to copy the file to my NAS (EsExplorer do not work) media center the file was 0k then HDD disapear.... So restart X9S now torrents corrupt .. Grrrrrr!

8. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

derped?

9. francishe

francishe Member

Advised by you before, I guessed the transmission config files in /tmp folder might be problem and did set the config files to my attached HDD(mnt/sda2/transmission). But still after rebooting the box, the download list on the web control was blank though i checked all download information and torrents were there in torrent and resume folders. Seems transmission failed to pick them when starting. If I duplicated the transmission folder from mnt/sda2/transmission to tmp/, then it read well and the download list was back on screen. Then after box reboot, the list was gone again along with the transmission folder in /tmp, which I understood was caused by having directed the folder to attached HDD. Ok, given so many details above, I will try again. Do you think it might have something to do with the file properties? When in /tmp, the owner is root but in HDD the owner changes to 1023. Thanks all.

10. francishe

francishe Member

A good torrent can pick up a download speed up to10MB on my 100M broadband wifi in my home. So it proves the wifi chip is a very good one though not knowing the maker. My wifi router is Linksys operating on TT Shibby, never letting me down. Sadly my HDD flushes madly although setting the cache to 128M.

11. francishe

francishe Member

Thanks. Will try later.

12. francishe

francishe Member

Plan to get download speed 30MB? Then the uplink speed should around 240M. Wow. My box is working on 5GHz. Full speed download on a good torrent.

13. francishe

francishe Member

I have the same suation. But I noticed when we lost connection the HDD was madly flushing due to busily allocating spaces for download. When finishing, the HDD resumed normal and you got connected. Not a bug, is it?

14. francishe

francishe Member

I think it is. After moving to external HDD, you will got nothing on the download list following reboot. Now I have moved it to somewhere in the internal storage and I have the following screenshot. But it doesn't affect download operation. Click to resume then it works. Why?

8138953.jpg

15. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

its a plan. not sure if box can handle that speed. Did not get to test allot yesterday . but from direct transfer from PC it went to around 16 MB. If thats the max box can do. i'm a little disappointed . i know the router is capable of 30MB speeds. and the box is in almost direct line of sight. Will have to do more tests.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/derped
    https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/derp#English

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  16. Sarco

It would be nice if internal sdcard mount by default...

17. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  18. francishe

francishe Member

Wow, great. But my plan is going to failure. I have installed aria2 on Android and it works. The big problem is what I have begged for help somewhere here. aria2 fails to make the download directory on every external devices I tested, always reporting permission denied. But it can download to internal storage. I installed aria2 on other TV box connected to the same external device. It works perfectly. So nothing wrong with the external device. I have noticed strangely the directory structures on x9s. Unlike other boxes where the folders can be found very clearly, here very difficult to trace, Say the path of external storage drvice which is found in Samba like "/mnt/sda2" and you can never find it there. Instead it is in /storage/driver named with a long line of digits and English letters. I am not sure if it is the cause directing aria2 to a wrong folder which is write-protected. Does anyone have idea?

19. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

well, not that great, the torrent speed is all over the place. and does not go pass 16 MB, openwrt needs more work, had some freezes to, where the interface stops responding and speed goes to zero for like 30 sec.
    next step is to use a android torrent client, see how the speed is there, and make a bug report.

anyway. what aria2 you installed ? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sf.aria2 this one ?

20. francishe

francishe Member

Then why not try aria2 android version to see if you have the same problem as I did. The latest version is 1.27.1 released last month. If you like to, I can post how to install here for your reference.