Confirmed aggregated problems upto FW V6.4(7).42 (no feature requests)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Not as problematic as on some other players, but you feel 1 GByte of cache for Google Play Store is rather good?

2. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

Fact, maybe a lot. I will do as you advised. I will uninstall and reinstall. We will see what the effect will be.

He has a problem with the sound in ZDMC 18.9. I have already written about it in another thread.
    When I play a movie with EAC3 audio output, the sound drops every 10 seconds
    When I turn off audio transmission, DD Plus 5.1 becomes PCM 2.0.
    there are no gaps, but I would prefer 5.1 sound.
    There is no problem with Dolby Tru HD (Atmos) or DTS HDM.

Edition
    Reinstallation of the Google Play Store and busy 80.89 MB. This a significant difference.
    You were right!
    Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  3. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Or just delete the cache in app settings

4. Nice Monkey

Items 3 (24-bit audio) and 14 (SMB performance) seem to be fixed. As these are relative important items my request to confirm.
    Will wait anyway for FW update to become available for all models first.

5. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

@Nice Monkey:
    Am I right to assume that this thread will continue as "Confirmed aggregated problems V6.1.03 FW" ?

6. Nice Monkey

Yes I will update the title each time when new FW is released for all platforms.

Confirmed solved problems will be marked green for the FW that actually solved it. On the next FW these will be removed.

Also solved seems to be the subtitle SRT display problem.
    In the change log but not solved 3D ISO movie display????

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  7. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

I wrote before but I think nobody saw.

Zidoo team can add to ht for movie "keep original title" options..

I hope you understand me..

@mirror

8. Nice Monkey

Made an update for FW 6.1.05. Please comment if I am missing something or report something incorrectly here.
    See several other small fixes to be working too. Seems to be a good and welcome update overall.

Waiting a confirmation for 24-bit HD audio output for Music Player 6 as my AMP does not report the actual sample-size.
    Don't want to rely on listening tests for that.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  9. I too would love this option to keep my file name as title..
    I name all my files to a custom name.. Some movies I have different versions..
    If zidoo could scrape then just use my filename for title.. That would be amazing..

10. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

1. Weather app not loading the city weather saved, I will see how it goes after few days of use. For now, I still have issue to display my weather at the start of the Zidoo. I have to open the app to reload my settings. :(
    2. Languages of HT and GUI conflict seems to be solved after few restart of the players to check it. I can use English for the GUI and french in HT. I still need to test a clear data/backup restore to be sure. Edit: clear data/backup restore test succeded! Bug solved :)
    3. Return Remote button in poster wall bug solved :)
    4. TV Series scrape accuracy when using season folders still a fail. No choice but to put all the episodes of all seasons in the main folder of the TV Serie only. With the second option, the match is really good tho. :)
    5. Clear Application Data not restarting the media player anymore I haven’t tried the function yet with this firmware so I don’t know if it’s solved or not. Edit: the bug is still there. :(
    6. Playing a movie with a DTS-HD track adds 2-channels in info The bug is still there :(
    7. Special characters, alphabetic ordering issue That’s better. My movies with titles starting with « É » are now with the others « E » and not at the top of my wall with all special characters. UTF-8 ordering still could be improved but that’s better. :)
    8. Dolby vision movies random freeze (movies on an internal HDD). I need to test more to see how it goes using the bookmark function. Most of the time, I had freeze issue with DV when I resumed a movie watched in part. Edit: already 1 freeze f0r a DV movie few minutes after a resume. :(

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

The minor stutter issues over SMB seem fixed so far , but..

The lockup round half way thru a movie is still there sadly

Mortal engines Fel to Mel convert Dolby vision Dolby Atmos froze up just now at around the 1 hr 17 mark
    It was playing smoothly with no stutters till then

Yesterday on the 1.03 fw i got thru a full DV/DA fel to mel convert of Black Panther with zero stutters over SMB and no lockup

issue with 100 Gig discs maybe?

Posted this here as well as the 1.05 fw page

12. jamesw

jamesw New Member

13. jamesw

jamesw New Member

Atmos now working correctly but 3D iso bd stopped working on Z9x with 6.1.05. Projector will switch to 3D and then nothing but black screen with no sound. Worked fine with 6.0.90 apart from occasional stutter. 2D bd either .iso or.mkv play fine with no stuttering using a NAS.

14. ATROX

ATROX New Member

9. MP does not support UTF-8 when reading tag files. Only English is displayed normally. National symbols (Russian for example) is displayed as Chinese characters.
    introduced in v6.0.90

15. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

New bug: In function keys, when you select fast forward and rewind 15 sec for up and down keys, you get jumps of 1 min. If you select the same function but with 5 sec, you get jumps of 15 sec. To sum up, there is a mismatch between the texts and the functions.:(

I also have 2 DV logos displayed on screen when playing a DV movie, one to the top left and one to the top right.

16. Comporellon

Comporellon New Member

Hi!

I checked (Emotiva XMC-2) the HD audio and it is working now when the played track is in pcm (flac) format.
    The sent digital stream via HDMI is 24 bit.

But when I play DSD format the problems come.
    DSD 64 outputs as pcm 176/16 bit
    DSD 128 outputs as 88/16 bit
    DSD 256 outputs at 44/16 bit.

Very strange...

17. Nice Monkey

This is conform Zidoo specifications.
    DSD => PCM takes a lot of processing power pushing the limits. As a consequence higher DSD rates result in lower conversion PCM rates.
    Lucky only few DSD128 albums around and even less DSD256. Via UHD3000 DAC output Native DSD comes out at all rates.

Zidoo ought to convert DSD to 24-bit though. If necessary DSD64 => 24-bit 88,2 MHz PCM instead of 16-bit 176.4 MHz PCM. We could make a feature request for that. I would like MP6 also to report the output sample-size next to output sample-rate.

Thanks for reporting.

18. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

Samsung Q90T Qled, direct from Z9X hdmi out - no HDR10+. Have also tried from Z9X through Samsung HDR10+ compatible soundbar Q800T to Q90T Qled and no HDR10+.

Same set up with Amazon Fire Cube - HDR10+ without any issues
    Same set up with Panasonic BD Player - HDR10+ without any issues

I will say that the HDR logo flickers as though the Zidoo is trying to transmit HDR10+ to the TV though, and that HDR10+ is quite obviously not implemented correctly for these Qled's from the Z9X, as all other devices transmit to the Q90T receiving HDR10+ without any issue.

19. Nice Monkey

Can't test HDR10+ myself but will keep a keen eye on it.
    Is this with the latest FW or all RTD1619DR related FW's? In other words it never worked with that Samsung TV Q90T model?

20. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

It's with all FW's has never worked, I and some others have not been able to get it to work with the 2020 Samsung TV's, mine being 55" Q90T.