Beta version v6.1.05 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Feb 4, 2021.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

?
    HDR10+ works perfectly fine
    watched many hdr10+ tv epis along with a few movies all no issues

just popped in Alien to test the HDR10+

worked fine for the 20 min test i just completed

60hz 2020 hdr10+ showing up on Zidoo as well as my Panasonic tv info screens

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

This is a different issue to any of the recent the stuttering problems and only happens with certain DV rips. A straight MEL disc rip can trigger it as well.

With these particular titles you get thousands and thousands of checksum errors in the Dolby Vision VES Splitter like this:

12-17 11:00:13.060 D/Splitter( 2005): [2961]FIXME_DV!!m_vesBSringAccuOffset:1121536307 not match sum:1121536303.

This then results in the demuxer kicking its legs in the air (that's the first step in the Dolby Composer chain) and so the image freezes.

12-17 12:13:36.595 D/Splitter( 2005): [2204]stop VesDmx.
    12-17 12:13:36.595 D/Splitter( 2005): [2403]exit VesDmx.
    12-17 12:13:36.599 D/Splitter( 2005): [2648]dv_ves_dmx_destroy() OK.
    12-17 12:13:36.599 D/Splitter( 2005): [1998]Splitter::Stop().leave.

I don't know what causes this, but as I say it only happens on certain files - I've only ever seen it on 2001 A Space Odyssey and the freeze is at roughly the same point every time 1 hr 16 or thereabouts. My guess is it's down to MakeMKV.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  3. Markswift2003

HDR10+ works perfectly.

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I know you didn't play long but in that time are you able to say whether the DV PQ was better, worse or the same as the HDR10+ PQ ?

I have ripped this disc to watch in LLDV and HDR10+ to compare but I haven't got round to testing yet. Just curious. :)

Thanks

5. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

We've had this conversation before. It's not working for all as we have ascertained, specifically for Samsung 2020 tv owners. HDR10+ is a Samsung/Panasonic technology, so one would assume that the zidoo's programming of it for the Z9X should work 100% with a HDR10+ certifield TV, no? I'm not doing anything different to yourself, one end into an hdmi port and the other into the Zidoo. HDR10+ works perfectly fine from every other device, amazon fire cube/panasonic BD player, with the same connection/port/cable, but fails from the Z9X.

6. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

We've had this conversation before. It's not working for all as we have ascertained, specifically for Samsung 2020 tv owners. HDR10+ is a Samsung/Panasonic technology, so one would assume that the zidoo's programming of it for the Z9X should work 100% with a HDR10+ certifield TV, no? I'm not doing anything different to yourself, one end into an hdmi port and the other into the Zidoo. HDR10+ works perfectly fine from every other device, amazon fire cube/panasonic BD player, with the same connection/port/cable, but fails from the Z9X.

7. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Strangely with this FW when I pause anything with Dolby TrueHD it takes a second or so after playing before sound comes back, FW 6.0.90 was instant sound after pause so I've gone back to that version. It may be an issue with Denon, but for me 6.0.90 is better.

8. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

I don’t need this firmware, apart from very minor things I’m happy with 6.0.90. I can watch all my movies smoothly. But still upgraded to 6.1.05 this morning, only to have thar HDR/DV logos at movie start. :D

9. Cyclion

Cyclion New Member

I could also well imagine that this is due to MakeMKV, because with the FEL to MEL conversion, which is described in the MakeMKV forum, I usually always get problems with AV sync issues at the end, which occur at the last step when muxing with MakeMKV, and usually for the first time after a long time from about 45 min or higher.... After that, the files are significantly desynchronised in video and sound and unusable. At some point I also gave up the very time-consuming conversion...

10. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

I'm waiting for some versions to convert fel to mel for dummies ;)

Cyclion and rozel like this.
  11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Me too!

Cyclion likes this.
  12. Markswift2003

With any luck we may not need it soon .... :cool:

13. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Really ?

14. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello Mark,

we can take that as good news ?

15. Markswift2003

Don't know yet, but maybe...

Cyclion likes this.
  16. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

that would be phenomenal news

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  17. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

it would indeed!

18. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

Interesting :)

19. afss

afss Active Member

It would be outstanding news indeed, if we can get FEL MKV DV playback (yes, just leveraging the RPU, ignoring EL) ! It's the only reason I am keeping my Shield pro...

DennisTheMenace and Cyclion like this.
  20. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

FEL on Realtek is a distinct possibility..

blenky, DennisTheMenace and Cyclion like this.