Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. shasurf

shasurf New Member

mon application ne démarre pas jusqu’à ce que le ziddoo est allumé son ne fonctionne pas le zidoo éteint

2. Dawciowski

Dawciowski New Member

What is better in HDMI Range Mode
    16-235 or 0-255 or auto mode ?
    My TV is LG OLED65C7V
    Deep Color is ON (from TV and from UHD3000)
    HDCP is ON (2.2)

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

As per the first post, either set 16-235 or Auto, doesn't matter which since <Auto> will just select 16-235 anyway.

Dawciowski likes this.
  4. Dawciowski

Dawciowski New Member

Ok, thanks Mark.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  5. Konstantin91

Konstantin91 New Member

Hello, what is better : low latency dv or standard dv. i have lg oled cx.what is the difference in picture quality?

6. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

LLDV supports 4k 60 and has other improvements like lower latency for gaming. LLDV outputs in 422 12 bit. DV 60p content can only be played in this mode.
    DV Standard supports up to 4k 30 but uses RGB 8 bit tunneling to send the signal to the TV. The bandwidth (up to 30hz) is the same so there is no quality loss. The TV then expands it to 422 12 bit.

I would have thought the end result would be the same picture quality but some people on the Oppo forums think Standard is better because it is TV led and LLDV is player led. That might only apply to the Oppo and FEL playback though.
    Guess you need to test both :)

Konstantin91 likes this.
  7. Markswift2003

Technically, because of the way the box works with single layer DV there's nothing to choose between them - it's possible that your TV handles the signals (which are very different) in such a way that one may subjectively look better than the other - so try both and see which, if any, you prefer.

Konstantin91 likes this.
  8. Markswift2003

Standard DV also supports a 4K60 RGB 8-bit HDMI tunnel, but you're right - suck it and see!

Konstantin91 likes this.
  9. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

In my experience most people with LG OLED would say Standard (TV Led processing) is preferable to LLDV (player led processing).
    In layman’s terms many people myself included believe that LG know the sets capabilities better than the player and can map the tone optimally.

Konstantin91 likes this.
  10. Konstantin91

Konstantin91 New Member

Thanks a lot for answers,guys!

11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

And if you pass the Zidoo's output through a Vertex2 to a non-DV display (which will then output LLDV) would you still say the same?

12. Konstantin91

Konstantin91 New Member

The picture is similar,but i use standard.it seems to me a bit brighter and more clear)
    There was an interesting video according to sony and oppo (vincent, hdtv)

13. Markswift2003

You can't use Standard DV for that, it needs to be processed in the player which is what LLDV is.

14. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Konstantin91 Yes I've seen that and I tend to agree in principle with @DaMacFunkin that with all things being equal Dolby Vision is perhaps better viewed on a TV-Led display. But with the Zidoo's latest firmware enhancements EDID-wise (yet to be enjoyed on my 1000 Pro) and with tweaks to my Vertex2 I'm guessing that LLDV from a Player-Led device won't be any different to Dolby Vision on a TV-Led display. Most certainly my MKV rips of The Hobbit Trilogy already watched on my Samsung TV in LLDV have been nothing short of oustanding, PQ-wise and I could not be more delighted that I invested in a Vertex2 to provide my Samsung with "DV" delights on top of its native HDR10+ ones. Now if I could bottom out FEL to MEL conversions, not just the how to as @cucnz has kindly described on another thread, but what I could expect compared with my current MKV rips from MEL7 discs, then I'll be a very happy bunny :)

Konstantin91 likes this.
  15. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Might explain why I am having issues with Standard 4k30 and your not with Standard 4k60. I can not set any refresh rate manually from 23hz to 30hz when VS10 is enabled. It locks to auto (3840x2160p 30hz).
    Can you please test if DV standard 24p refresh rate switching is working consistantly in new firmware or if its outputting DV 24p content at 60hz on your device? I also uploaded my LG C6 EDID could you possibly test it please with the Vertex? https://filebin.net/3r6trtdn9n5ym9aa

Edit - It needs to be orginal DV content and not converted content. VS10 Converted content is working properly.

16. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

@markswift

Do you have an update on your settings to do on page 1 with the availability of FW 6.1.03 and these improvements ?

17. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

There is update 6.1.05 out now !

18. Markswift2003

I can indeed - but I'm not sure which settings are you referring to?

19. Markswift2003

Ok - this seems to be something in your EDID.

If I use your C6 EDID it does as you say above but if I use a C9 EDID it all works fine - 4K60 8-bit RGB works and 4K24 DV files play at 4K24...

I'll have a look into it this afternoon...

Rob W likes this.
  20. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

I was thinking about the DV settings, in the display/HDR is the AUTO mode always a "good choice"?