ZIDOO UHD 3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Nov 29, 2020.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

I'm currently studying the possibility of becoming a Zidoo reseller in Canada and possibly the US as well.

For those who have a uhd 3000, is it possible to have MCH with the sacd or not ?

For those who have purchased an uhd3000, have you made comparisons with competing brands or not ?

Why did you choose the Zidoo UHD 3000 ?

See you

2. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

May i ask why you direct this questions to the Owners and not to the developers from Zidoo?
    Personally i do not own the UHD3000, only the X20 but up to now i have not found ANY Player for MCH from SACD Iso (see my post in the MCH Music Tutorial from Nice Monkey). Not sure if this works better with the RTD1619 Chipset from the UHD3000.

3. OlivierQC

Sure, I can ask Zidoo,

I thought of Nice Monkey if he had news about this feature in a future FW.

yes me too I only have a x20 PRO, no UHD3000 for the moment.

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

There are promises only. ;)

5. OlivierQC

Thanks Nice Monkey.

I asked for this because I just saw the upcoming availability of a competitor box with XLR outputs and it seems to me that since last fall the MCH is available for their box, it was to know if Zidoo was in the running.

see you

6. Nice Monkey

Different practicality and unrelated! The Dune does MCH DSD => MCH PCM via HDMI. Zidoo is looking at this for all models.

The Zidoo/Dune HiFi models add a DAC for analog 2CH XLR/RCA which supports Native 2CH DSD. Running just fine on Zidoo for sure with a very good sound.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  7. OlivierQC

Perfect thanks :)

8. Dawciowski

Dawciowski New Member

Is Kaiboer Q70 the equivalent of Zidoo UHD3000 for asian market? It looks the same, I wonder if the firmware is the same as in Zidoo
    The same situation is with Kaiboer Q50 and Zidoo UHD2000
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Nice Monkey

@Dawciowski
    Looks like a clone but will most likely come with Chinese language only (if you are lucky English added).
    Warning: Clones typically use the same design but may be using cheaper components. Not trivial with DAC and Linear PSU.

Dawciowski likes this.
  10. Nice Monkey

Tried 5 movies with different sound formats from 2CH PCM, 5.1DTS and 7.1DD all with DAC output.
    They all played just fine with sound from both channels. So I can't confirm. Will now just keep playing classic movies with 2CH sound using DAC output. Won't harm the experience.

Reported 2 problems unique with UHD3000: HDD above 10 TByte crashing the player and Google Play Store reserving 19 GByte for system flash cache.

I plan to connect an external DAC via S/PDIF later today to test that problem.

11. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Say what!? I didn't know that there were even harddrives that big.
    I would call this plain theft instead of a bug.

12. Nice Monkey

19 GByte haha. :oops:
    Corrected it.

13. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Lol - I have pondered over that since you first mentioned it - now it makes sense :D

14. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

No wonder this device would need at least 2 HDD bays then :D

15. Leo

Leo New Member

Hello everyone since today i replaced my z1000 with an uhd3000 but i am already running into a problem....,
    which I don't have with the z1000
    When i playback some (not all) mkv 1080 / 23.976 files it is full of jerks/studder it looks like a frame-rate problem i have all the basic settings exactly the same as i put in the z1000
    The uhd 3000 had this firmware out of the box v6.0.80 and I updated it to v6.0.90 but the problem is stil there.

Here my Main / basic settings;

Playback / Automatic frame rate / Frame rate mode: "Only frame rate"

Display / HDR: Auto
    Display / Color Settings / 4K 50 ~ 60Hz: Priority YUV420 10BIT-
    display / color settings / 4K 23 ~ 30Hz: priority YUV444 10BIT-
    display / color settings / non-4K: priority YUV444 8BIT-
    display / color settings / HDMI range: 16-235
    Display / HDMI mode: 3840x2160p 23Hz also tried 24Hz.

Audio / HDMI audio: AUTO
    Audio / Downmix HD Audio output: OFF

Display / MaxCLL and MaxFALL: ON
    Display / Color Settings / Deep Color Compatibility Mode: OFF
    HDCP 2.0

Advanced Settings > System > HDMI DISPLAY CONFIG
    -TV System: 3840x2160@24hz
    -Video color mode: Auto(yuv444,10bit
    -HDR Input: Input

Realtek developer options
    -Auto 29.97/59.94hz playback-On
    -Auto 1080p 24hz playback-On

Is there something I am overlooking or do I just have a monday-morning device?
    Again, the strange thing is when I playback these files with the z1000 then there is nothing wrong, everything plays nice and smooth...

Regards,
    Leo

16. Nice Monkey

UHD3000 has a different motherboard as it has 4GByte of RAM and the additional interfacing with the DAC Panel.
    How big these differences are? For sure we are seeing UHD3000 unique problems beyond DAC output.:(

17. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Kaiboer player for RTD1296 are same similar to Zidoo players then not surprise this happens on RTD 1619DR, can be ODM not a clone as not running same firmware.
    Kaiboer/Zidoo, Eweat/Dune, HiMedia/Fantec and probably many others.

fedofed and Dawciowski like this.
  18. OlivierQC

Hello all,

He has had the device for about 1 month and he gives his opinion (it's in English)

https://www.hd.club.tw/forum-83-1.html

you can also register on the forum if you want to do so

See you

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  19. ThomasN

ThomasN New Member

It's always sound in both channels, but it goes completely out of balance after a while. Then it sounds like all voices are coming from the left channel. For me it happens 50 out of 50 times. With all sort of formats.

So unless they fix this issue I will have to return it.

But looking forward to your findings on the SPDIF

20. Nice Monkey

Did not test S/PDIF but installed UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro).
    The APP was recognized and working in native Android mode. When enabled also Hires Android Direct start working both via HDMI and the DAC.
    This working then with all 2 CH PCM formats but no DSD.

This went well till I got a crash on UAPP. Then it came back now seeing an USB DAC but not working (no sound) . Now it started doing all type of strange things with: no sound via the DAC mode, heavily distorted sound or very low level sound. After lots of setting changes, resets of UAPP and the player on/off etc got it back to normal again.

My feeling USB-IN is completely unstable and not to be used for the time being.

gymnos likes this.