Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The C9 is supports standard DV and LLDV so I'd probably turn Compatibility Mode "On" so that Standard DV is prioritised, but HDR "Auto" is correct if you want all content output in it's native format.

If a DV MKV is outputting in HDR10 that probably means it's a FEL title.

2. Kritjuu

Kritjuu Member

Wat Does this mean? Wat is the difference between Fell and Mel?

3. Markswift2003

You probably need to do a little research on Dolby Vision...

FEL = Full Enhancement Layer
    MEL = Minimal Enhancement Layer

4. Kritjuu

Kritjuu Member

I will. I suppose the Zidoo is not capabele of doing all Dolby Vision then.

5. Markswift2003

6. Tomasek

Tomasek New Member

Greetings to you all. I would like to ask what it looks like now playing with Dolby Vision movies in mkv. Does FEL and MEL play it? I have a Shield for 2019 and I'm considering buying a Zidoo z9x if it pays off. SHIELD plays just fine FEL and MEL. I read that the Zidoo z9x has better colors. Thank you for your help.

7. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

The first post in this thread reply exactly to your question. In short it plays MEL but not FEL.

xskip likes this.
  8. Tomasek

Tomasek New Member

The image is better Zidoo z9x or Shield.

9. Hello everyone I have been trying different configurations on the zidoo and I am not very convinced. I use an Epson tw9400 projector and I am not sure what settings to put in the zidoo, could someone help me? The settings that are on the first page there are things that if I put them darken the image a lot and others, the opposite, too light and if I leave it as I think I'm not sure if it's okay Thank you

10. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

@fedofed posting links to illegal content is not permitted. You should delete your post immediately.

ammar11, elpablo and Markswift2003 like this.
  11. fedofed

fedofed New Member

Have you seen legal mkv content with Dolby Vision 8 profile somewhere? Is that all on your site?

12. Markswift2003

Can you be a bit more specific?

13. Markswift2003

Please - don't start talking about illegal downloads, even if only inferred - if you need to, use PM and keep it off the forum.

Sh1no8i, ammar11 and elpablo like this.
  14. Boris 1956

Boris 1956 Member

hello how to copy from ext hdd to hdd zidoo x1000 but in a certain folder and not I copy it and it is copied where he wants I would like to copy to a certain folder that I prepared in advance it is a movie eg 50 gb I have successfully placed small content such as photos or music in a specific folder thank you

15. McBluna

Do you use Media Center to copy your files or from your PC?

16. Boris 1956

Boris 1956 Member

I use Media Center

17. McBluna

I don't really understand your question. With Media Center you can choose where to copy the files. In source folder select copy and in destination folder paste.
    2021-01-23 20:20:17.jpg 2021-01-23 20:21:05.jpg

Boris 1956 likes this.
  18. Boris 1956

Boris 1956 Member

I have a folder and in it a movie subtitle and cover and when I copy it in this way and take it to another folder that also has movies, he places my folder anywhere on the disk, regardless of the location I saved or PASTE

19. shasurf

shasurf New Member

Hello everyone, I would like to know if we can control the zidoo z10 pros remotely turn it on turn it off watch if possible

20. Markswift2003

Yes - there is an IP protocol and RS232 protocol to use with home automation systems and iOS/Android apps.

Attached Files: