My Zidoo Z9X....

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Sep 7, 2020.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello inikad,

Thanks for your feedback :)

See you

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  2. OlivierQC

This morning I did a downgrade and came back to FW 0.85.

[​IMG]

Here is the procedure to make a flashing of your Zidoo Z9X, it is easy and fast.
    useful if you need to go back to a previous FW

Downgrading is quick and easy if you respect the instructions.

Voici la procédure pour un flashage de votre Zidoo Z9X.
    Utile si vous avez besoin de revenir à un précédent FW

Click HERE

---------------------------

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For new owners of a Zidoo and who need to update their device, here is a brief guide that should do the trick.

Pour les nouveaux propriétaires d'un Zidoo qui ont besoin de mettre à jour leur appareil, voici un petit guide qui devrait faire l'affaire.

Click HERE

[​IMG]

I've already said it in the previous pages of my thread for new users of Zidoo devices but I'm gonna say it again....

Remember to use the HT4.0 Export option before doing a downgrade or any other action that could delete data from your movies. (Export option will keep the informations of your movies for the future scrape of your sources with HT 4.0)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is an example of a folder after using the export option

[​IMG]

See you​

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  3. Darren Shackleton

Darren Shackleton New Member

Why did you downgrade ?

4. OlivierQC

Hello Darren,

For some tests

See you

5. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Lots of good testing there.

I'll try the playback performance mode setting which probably just increases CPU frequency or bus speeds during playback maybe even just using a different governor.

I had an idea that power states might be causing the freezes. The act of having USB devices attached or WiFi/Bluetooth enabled or certain apps installed could all be effecting power states.

I have WiFi/BT disabled no USB devices and get freezes often.

6. OlivierQC

hello Rob W

In the computer world there are so many variables, we see it here with those who have no problems and those who can't even watch a single movie with similar equipment and gigabit network.

To be honest I feel lucky not to have any freeze or stuttering with my video files and a bit lonely when I see all the people who are overcoming these problems.

7. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

I went into advanced settings and disabled reduced buffers and enabled playback performance mode and it does seem to have helped. Was able to watch a full movie without a hitch but it's too early to say for sure yet.

8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thank you! So much appreciated.

9. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

@OlivierQC did you submit your images to fanart.tv?

10. daddy

daddy New Member

@OlivierQC demonstrates us that Z9X is able to play movies in Dolby Atmos TrueHD or in dts-hd.
    Any S912 box under CoreElec, for less than 50€, is also able to play HDR10 movies in Dolby Atmos TrueHD or dts-hd.

What will be more challenging will be to play Valerian in Dolby Atmos TrueHD or dts-hd, in Dolby Vision.
    According to this site https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=276448 , Valerian movie should be in DV and not only in HDR10

11. OlivierQC

Hello McBluna,

No I don't

My PSDs are available for those who are interested so if you want to use them and submit them on Fanart.TV there is no problem :)

See you

12. Tomasek

Tomasek New Member

Greetings to you all. I would like to ask what it looks like now playing with Dolby Vision movies in mkv. Does FEL and MEL play it? I have a Shield for 2019 and I'm considering buying a Zidoo z9x if it pays off. SHIELD plays just fine FEL and MEL. I read that the Zidoo z9x has better colors. Thank you for your help.

13. OlivierQC

Hello tomasek,

Welcome to the Zidoo forum :)

For your question, you have all the information on the thread of Markswift2003:

Click HERE

[​IMG]

See you

14. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

z9x does not play mkv FEL, only MEL. as for Nvidia Shield and playing mkv files with FEL, it is quite a controversial matter

fedofed and Tomasek like this.
  15. OlivierQC

Hello ulna68,

Yes you are right, concerning the FEL with the Nvidia there seems to be contradictory opinions.

Markswift has one (Shield TV), I think he talks about it in his thread

16. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

I also have nvidia shiled tv 2019 (not pro) and I did not manage to run DV (neither mel nor fel), I can not find a player on nvidie that can do it (and I tried VLC and Kodi), apparently somehow via Plex will do the trick but I failed

17. daddy

daddy New Member

Tomasek likes this.
  18. Tomasek

Tomasek New Member

It's best over Plex.

19. Tomasek

Tomasek New Member

I just read that opinions differ.

20. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

J
    I don't see why you all get stuck on LE FEL. Whether I know your Zidoo or your Shield Pro 2019 has no Blu-ray drive, so you will have to go through RIP software.

So whether it is MakeMKV or DVDFab they offer both Doing MEL and assembling the layers.

So you have to stop with the FEL or the MEL you will have to Rip your UHD Blu-ray so .......