ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. kirkinezi

kirkinezi New Member

Can anyone know how to activate Netflix application? When I first open the app it gives me a code that I don't know where to use it.It has no other options.

2. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Are there any working media tags for Dolby Vision content in HT 4.0?

Also I noticed that HDR+ files are played in HDR10 when HDR is set to auto on a Dolby Vision capable TV. Shouldn't they be converted to Dolby Vision by default for better picture quality?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

As far as I know there aren't any tags for Dolby Vision.

No - With <HDR> set to "Auto" all HDR modes will play in their native format, so HDR10+ will play in HDR10 or HDR10+ (depending what the TV supports) regardless of whether the TV supports DV or not.

If you want to convert to DV on a DV TV then set <HDR> to either "Dolby Vision Low Latency..." or "Dolby Vision VS10 Engine" depending what flavour of DV the TV supports.

4. Markswift2003

5. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Okay thanks Mark, but is the VS10 engine capable of reading the dynamic metadata in HDR10+ and outputting it in Dolby Vision or does it just take the HDR10 data with no real improvement over just outputting in HDR10?

6. Markswift2003

No a clue, but I doubt it! Only Dolby know their secret sauce...

Try both with a scene you know well and see which looks better, but if your TV doesn't support HDR10+ the Dolby option may be better due to better image processing than the Realtek engine.

7. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Because my C6 Oled doesn't have active HDR and other processing improvements introduced in the C7 series and later, HDR does look better when using the Vs10 engine and outputting in Dolby Vision. With DV 4k now working and 3D playback the Z9x is really the perfect player for this TV. :)

8. Markswift2003

Good to hear! That's the idea of the VS10 engine - provide the best output regardless of source or display.

If we can get HDR and SDR sorted then it'll make a big difference to a lot more users particularly with the "VS10 for SDR" and "VS10 for HDR" options.

9. kirkinezi

kirkinezi New Member

How can I do screen mirroring from my smartphone to Z9X?

10. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

The device doesn't support Miracast or GoogleCast but you could plug a Chromecast into the HDMI In port if you wanted to keep it all through one device/remote.

Edit - Might not work without HDCP on the input port i'll test it today with a Chromecast and a Roku stick.

Edit 2 - Both the Roku and Chromecast can show menus at 4k 60hz. When casting Youtube the Chromecast ultra switches to 1080p 60hz and works. HDCP apps like Netflix and BT sport don't work.

Screen mirroring from Android phone to Chromecast ultra works at 4K 60hz and is good for showing pictures and presentation etc. Recording doesn't work for mirroring says copywrited content detected which is wrong but okay..

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    kirkinezi likes this.
  11. RIKO14

RIKO14 New Member

Hello,
    I would like to come back to this post and to the answer given to the guide.
    Unless I am mistaken, I do not see any mention related to this password problem that I also encounter without having inserted a password ...
    indeed, I created cascading collections with the Zidoo Control Center because I couldn't do it with the remote control.
    when I want to access to some collections with ZCC, I am asked for a password although I have not created a password (I believe it's the cascading collections only).
    What is this password?

12. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

@RIKO14 What password dialog are you talking about?
    There's one for children lock in Home Theater. The default password is 123. The other one is for the web frontend.

13. RIKO14

RIKO14 New Member

@McBluna
    this password when I use ZCC :
    https://zupimages.net/up/21/03/7fpg.png,
    and you partially answered my problem: thank you ! The password is 123.
    but there remains the problem of access to the collection in cascades :
    I created cascading collections with the Zidoo Control Center because I couldn't do it with the remote control (Iron Man collection, Thor collection, etc .., in Marvel collection for example [
    which also contains MARVEL movies without collection : Black Panther, Doctor Strange, etc.. for example too]).
    First I click on Marvel collection (in first time with the 123 password, the following times the password did not ask me anymore), in this Marvel collection I have movies like Black Panther and collections like Iron Man (1, 2 & 3)
    BUT
    When I click with the remot control on a collection (Iron Man for example) in Marvel collection it says "There is no poster in the collection, we will automatically exit the interface". So cascading collections don't work. I can only have one collection and all the movies in it.
    https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=21/03/84qr.jpg
    https://zupimages.net/up/21/03/84qr.jpg

Is there a way to fix the problem ?

14. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

@RIKO14 I'll try cascade collections myself tommorow and will report my experience.

15. chinkw1

chinkw1 Member

When we switch on power, Z9s/Z9x will boot to home screen automatically.

Is there anyway to set it to remain in off mode (so that it can only be on by pressing on button in remote control)?

16. Markswift2003

Yes - Setup/Other/Power Mode

17. chinkw1

chinkw1 Member

Thank you.
    My Z9s doesn't have Other/Power mode option. :(

I think only Z9x has.

18. RIKO14

RIKO14 New Member

Hello McBluna,
    Have you found the solution?

19. CHRIS KOUVARAS

CHRIS KOUVARAS New Member

20. vince48

vince48 New Member

Greetings,
    is there another music player members of Z9 would recommend?