ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. SolarGlider

SolarGlider Member

@DIKKE: I'm not agreeing since on AVS forums there are more people experiencing these problems now. I have a gigabit internet connection that maxes out on 970 mbps on my network. Zidoo will have to look into this.

boxerfan likes this.
  2. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

Agree, they need to look into it. Something funky is going on inside the Z9x during SMB playback...

Maybe they should release an instrumented firmware for those of us willing to help them capture trace logs...

3. CHRIS KOUVARAS

CHRIS KOUVARAS New Member

Good evening. I have a Question: I had put fw 6.0.90. Can I go back and put fw 6.0.46 again? Can I put the fw with which it had from the factory? Is it easy to put the original fw?

4. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

5. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

The only way to downgrade the firmware is to flash the recovery image.
    You can download the recovery image from my site and you'll find the link to the instructions.
    https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/zidoo-recovery-images/#z9x
    After you've flashed the recovery image you can download the firmware version of your choice from.my site. https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/zidoo-model-overview/zidoo-z9x-firmware-download/
    Good luck

6. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Hey, you're back.
    Yes, there's definitely something not right with Zidoo's SMB playback abillities. A lot of people have been reporting issues since latest fw 0.90.
    Not really comfortable to bring it up again, but did you try NFS again/already as comparison?
    I can confirm having no issues with high bitrate files playback. Even the highest jellyfish videos play smoothly via NFS.
    Not that all NFS would be perfect on the Z9X btw: Importing a large NFS share to the Music Player library renders the share stated "invalid" and impossible to be used. But playback of high bitrate files is okay though

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

May I ask what you consider "large" to be please? - I haven't imported my library yet but thinking of doing so.

8. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

It's a near 11 GB sized folder with just a bunch of audiofiles. Which are mainly FLAC, but also some MP3 files.

Please note, that I have not tested this with (and thus wouldn't know this issue to be true for) a large NFS share that consists of several subfolders. Like, for eg. "artist", "album" etc...

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

10. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

I removed a tv episode from ht app and I cant add back. I rescan but it cant add ht

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  11. SolarGlider

SolarGlider Member

Hi @Whitfield, I didn't have a player for a couple of weeks so I didn't have much to contribute. Now I got a B-stock Z9X back with a wonky antenna but the player is technically fine. I think you've read that there are now some people experiencing the same issues that I was (and still am) complaining about. I haven't tried out NFS but honestly at this point I'm pointing fingers at the firmware, not Windows or the network since other media players play absolutely fine with the same files that choke the Z9X. Zidoo has to do the right thing here and check these issues. (The easiest way for them would be to connect to a W10 machine and compare network performance with a Z9S.) I'll still give them some time to sort it out but I consider this negligence on their part saying 'the user should check their router and network' as they explained in a specific thread on this forum created for this exact issue.

12. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

I have freezes all movies on smb.
    I hope zidoo solve this problem
    for examp.

Attached Files:

13. Tomasek

Tomasek New Member

Greetings, I would like to ask how it is now with the funky mkv Dolby Vision. I read that playing MEL is no longer a problem. How about playing FEL in the future or better off playing NVIDIA shield.

14. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I h
    I have a NAS running Unraid and I don’t have any problems with SMB, I watched 3 Dolby vision films back to back yesterday with no problems.

15. Tomasek

Tomasek New Member

Please, the movies in Dolby Vision were FEL or MEL.

16. 2B.

2B. New Member

Can someone tell me if Z9X can play 1080p 10bit H264 aka Hi10P Anime ? I have an X9S but is not capable of playing 10bit H264.
    I know 10bit h264 aka Anime is a non standard video compression method, from the investigation i did i need a decent CPU package because 1080p 10bit H264 aka Hi10P Anime needs to be CPU software decoded.

17. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No sorry - doesn't play 10-bit H.264.

You could encode to H.265 with something like StaxRip or Handbrake. I use StaxRip all the time hardware encoding with an Nvidia card and the results are flawless.

18. 2B.

2B. New Member

Thanks for the info, i think that will be the best solution or get new rips now I'm using X9X for movies but for anime i need to use my Xbox One X and play it with VLC but sometime i have some crashes and the UI is not very good.
    How is Z9X vs X9S? I saw it has better HDR support and improved remote control. I have the original remote control and is not that great, buttons are hard to press and it looks and feels very cheap.

19. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

Dolby vision in FEL is not supported by zidoo, it plays as HDR10 as explain in this post : http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...other-useful-stuff-for-rtd1619-players.82695/
    The only way to play FEL files is dolby vision is to convert it in MEL (profile 8.1 or not) as explain here : https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18602&p=96282#p96282
    But some people are not convinced it keep all infos from the FEL so you can try it if you want.

20. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The Z9X is a big step up from the X9S and yes, HDR handling is a lot better.