ZIDOO UHD 3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Nov 29, 2020.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Ok thanks, I seem to have seen that Dune had this feature since November it should not be long for zidoo.

gymnos likes this.
  2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Yes the pro series, and maybe all the zidoo

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Might move from Z9X to UHD3000 provided all promised HiFi Audio features are really added:
    - DSD-DoP native via HDMI
    - DSD MCH via HDMI (expect it to be MCH in DSD but PCM is already a step)
    - DVD-Audio support
    - Native 24-bit PCM output via HDMI (considered a fault at the moment)
    Lets see how all that goes. The presentation is secondary for me as long I can select albums via Media Center.

A peculiarity of this HiFi design is that Analog Audio out and HDMI Audio out are being switched and not concurrently available as on HiFi UHD BD Disc players.
    So the output must be toggled (Setup Audio DAC: Source In). They even bolted on the choice for Internal Analog audio (running via Internal USB) and External Audio USB.

So in fact the "Source In" variable is used for 2 switches which refers to input for the Audio DAC panel: "On/Off" plus "Internal/External USB". This may be a bit confusing?
    This is more restrictive than necessary too as the player should be perfectly capable to act as an External DAC via USB for an external source and playing normally in parallel via HDMI audio for any local media source. That will work using 2 AMP's or a Secondary Channel with a HT AMP.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    gymnos likes this.
  4. Tof78

Tof78 New Member

Gapless payback!!! Roon Ready!!! PSU power supply !!! A lot of nice promises ;-)
    Waiting this gapless for long time.

It means a new Music Player build, let's see if that could work with my Z1000 (mainly used as an audio box).
    Because finally I've already have a nice ES9038Pro DAC plugged on the Z1000, I don't need the DAC provided into this UHD3000 (the new 9068 is just adding MQA compared to a 9038Pro).
    Two symetrical audio outputs: super nice but unfortunately my amp doesn't have symetrical inputs
    Linear PSU: another great addition, but since I have a separated DAC, limited impact for me
    And I don't care about video features at all...

So spending 770 Euros just for the updated Music Player... could be too much... but why I'm a bit hesitating? Time to change my DAC/amp combo????

Let's wait users feedback on this forum too

5. Nice Monkey

Have one on order, when delivered will report my findings using my UHD2000 report as the starting point. ;)

6. vipkekko

vipkekko Member

salve sono un possessore del uhd 3000 ,riscontro i seguenti problemi , su tv lg oled 55bv6 il dolby vision non funziona bene...."immagine non bella" , ho riscontrato un problema con un hard disk da 14 tb marca (segate) il mediaplayer non appena inserisco l'hard disk si blocca e si spegne , con sacd iso ho riscontrato problemi sull 'audio in uscita si avvertono dei rumori ,inoltre non gestisce dsd multichannel su hdmi , il telecomando non funziona bene ,

7. ThomasN

ThomasN New Member

I received my UHD3000 a couple a days ago, but there seems to be a problem with the player.
    After a little while (approx 30 minutes) the volume on the left channel using the xlr output is of higher gain than the right channel.
    Turning the DAC on and off resolves the issue for a short time again, but slowly it's ending up unlistenable. Voices, drums, guitars etc. Are going more and more to the left side.

Anyone else having the same issue or an idea on how to fix this?

gymnos likes this.
  8. Nice Monkey

Happens with both XLR and RCA outputs? Volume setting on DAC settings is changing too?
    I would expect this to be a HW DAC panel related problem. Will check when I get my unit. Should be next week.

9. ThomasN

ThomasN New Member

The strange thing is that when using the USB input, it is totally fine. So it only happens when using the player itself. Setting the DAC to "Internal player"

FW is: 60.0.90_G

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  10. Nice Monkey

Both Music Player and Video Player?

11. ThomasN

ThomasN New Member

So far only tested Video Player over longer periods, but will try Music Player a little later today and give feedback.

12. ThomasN

ThomasN New Member

There seems to be no issues playing music using the Music Player. Behaves perfectly, with reallty great (Superb) sound quality.

13. Nice Monkey

OK it is clearly a FW issue then. That is a relieve. I am seeing the strangest FW bugs lately. When confirmed will add it to the list.

gymnos likes this.
  14. ThomasN

ThomasN New Member

Just a little update. Yesterday I was looking at a movie and suddenly all voices are coming from the left cahnnel. Just stopping the movie and starting it again fixes the issue. But it happened 9 times during the 2 hour the movie lasted.
    So this issue is a rather important one. Hopefully this is just a firmware issue that will be solved rather quickly. It was a DTS 5.1 channel soundtrack and using the 2 channel XLR output.

15. Nice Monkey

Anybody else seeing this? Most like me will be using MCH via HDMI and just 2CH (Music) via Analog but there must be more using a Stereo setup for all sounds.

There are more sound instabilities lately so it may be related to something already reported?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  16. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

PM your MAC Adress to me. For push the test version solve this issue.

Nice Monkey and ThomasN like this.
  17. ThomasN

ThomasN New Member

Sorry, but firmware 6.0.92G has the same issue.

18. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

@mirror - I think it's going to be worth getting one of these guys with this issue to create a debug log.

19. Nice Monkey

Hope to get my player in a few days. I got a stock arrival notice but my order is not processed yet.
    The supplier resides almost around the corner (45km).

Update: Reported as sent, expected to receive it tomorrow 23-01-2021.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    ThomasN likes this.
  20. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

....Lucky guy;-)

But another Question: As the latest Beta is only published as a OTA i ask myself if a Flash Image of the UHD3000 Fimware can be found somewhere? The corresponding "Howto Flash" Thread in the SUPPORT / ABOUT FIRMWARE Section is missing.....