Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

On the Zidoo.

2. Markswift2003

You need to install firmware that includes Google Play - this has "G" in the filename. The latest beta is here:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...0-90-for-z9x-z10-pro-z1000-pro-uhd3000.84816/

and then activate it:

To Register Google Play Store
    =============================

1. Open Google Play Store app then Exit.
    2. Goto Quick Setting>Other>About>GSF ID, Make a note of the GSF ID.
    3. Goto https://www.google.com/android/uncertified log in and enter the GSF ID in the box provided
    4. Click Google Play Store APP, if it is still not activated, then restart and check again.

Netflix is currently not working. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next firmware.

3. Thank you very much for the help it is already installed and working. Netflix effectively does not work HBO and Amazon Prime does, but it does not have 5.1 or 4k When Netflix is activated do you know if it will be in 5.1 and 4k? Thank you

airtvworld likes this.
  4. Markswift2003

Before it stopped working, Netflix was in 5.1, Atmos but only 2K as far as I remember.

5. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

4K but not Dolby vision, before the 5.1 upgrade, didn’t check it after that.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  6. shasurf

shasurf New Member

hi
    I am limited with the internal capacity of the zidoo for my photos I would like more capacity so use my hard drive copy to \\ Storage \ zddaydream how to do

7. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Add a usb stick?

8. shasurf

shasurf New Member

yes very well thank you and how do I integrate the zddaydream file on the usb clez and make zidoo believe that it is the internal disk

9. Boris 1956

Boris 1956 Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Boris 1956

Boris 1956 Member

11. Boris 1956

Boris 1956 Member

12. Boris 1956

Boris 1956 Member

Hello Markswift2003 i tried everything you advised me and nothing helps here i am sending you a video to see how it really looks on the screen greetings Boris

13. Markswift2003

Hi Boris - so ok, that first video looks correct to me - the blanking is just the TV resyncing.

Unless the GUI is set to the same resolution refresh rate and HDR mode as the video, you will always get resyncs between the GUI and the content.

Some TVs do it quite quickly and elegantly and some don't.

My Samsung just shows a black screen with a spinning throbber for between 9 and 10 seconds, my projector just stays black for 15 seconds. In your case, the timeout for the TV to show the "No Signal" screen is too short so unfortunately that shows before the 13 second resync has finished.

The way I get around it is to use an HDFury Vertex to spoof the EDID into thinking the TV supports BT.2020 LLDV, set the Zidoo to 4K23 LLDV and since most content is 4K23 and everything gets converted to LLDV the resolution, refresh and HDR mode don't change so there is no reync.

If the majority of your content is 1080p you can vastly reduce the number of resyncs by setting <HDR> mode to "Auto" and resolution to "1080p 23Hz".

If the majority of your content is 4K HDR then try setting <HDR> to "Mapping HDR10" and <HDMI Mode> to "3840x2160p 23Hz".

Unfortunately "Mapping HDR10" isn't great for SDR content - it tends to over saturate which is why I convert to LLDV which looks great with all content.

Boris 1956 likes this.
  14. Boris 1956

Boris 1956 Member

Thank you for all the answers now at least I know what I’m up to or close my eyes to these few seconds or buy HDFury Vertex thanks anyway

15. Boris 1956

Boris 1956 Member

I set <HDR>on "Mapping HDR10" and <HDMI Mode> to "3840x2160p 23Hz".and it's gone those notices NO SIGNAL and now immediately starts the movie now please tell me what I'm losing with this setting "Mapping HDR10" something in quality HDR 10 or something else thank you agai

16. Markswift2003

"Mapping HDR10" uses the Realtek engine to convert all content to HDR10 so it will play HDR content perfectly but SDR content is converted to HDR10 as well and this may look a bit too saturated.

However, I've just looked back at your original post and I see you have an LG C9 so the ideal HDR setting for you to use to avoid resyncs would be "Dolby Vision Low Latency" which will convert everything to LLDV which is done by the VS10 engine and it does a very good job of converting HDR and SDR.

You could also experiment with "Dolby Vision VS10 Engine" which depending on the "Dolby Vision Compatibility" setting will convert to standard DV. I don't have a Dolby Vision TV so I can't tell you how good the conversion to Standard DV is (I would expect very good), but as I say, the conversion to LLDV is excellent.

XiziX and Boris 1956 like this.
  17. Boris 1956

Boris 1956 Member

i will try your suggestions so i will contact you thank you very much

here is my home theater

OLED TV LG OLED55C9PLA.AEU, Smart

AV RECEIVER DENON AVR-X1300W

Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu ray player

Zidoo Z1000 Pro Media Player

Speakers

BOWERS & WILKINS HTM62 S2 center

Bowers & Wilkins 606 front speakers

Bowers & Wilkins DM 302 surround speakers

Dali Alteco C-1 Atmos Speakers

Jamo E4SUB.4

HDMI kablovi

Kabel 2 kom AUDIOQUEST HDMI PEARL 2 m

18. Boris 1956

Boris 1956 Member

I set it to "Dolby Vision Low Latency" and "3840x2160p 23Hz" and it works great now without any video blackouts thanks a lot for your patience with me I am still a lot of years old

19. Markswift2003

Boris,

You are very welcome,

Mark

20. Kritjuu

Kritjuu Member

I have LG C9 oled tv
    When I play DV .mkv file the tv plays hdr and does not show Dolby Vision.
    I set the HDR on auto in the screen menu. And DV Compatibility mode off.
    Is this the correct setting for my tv?