ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you are asking for. Do you mean Subtitle Settings/Position?

2. kirkinezi

kirkinezi New Member

No I'm talking about shifting the subtitle apearance back or forth some miliseconds to corect matching with the audio.

3. McBluna

There is no shortcut. Would be great if Zidoo would add those settings to he mobile app.

4. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

Menu , Playback , Function Keys - Up and Down keys - subtitle delay ?

ammar11, Markswift2003 and McBluna like this.
  5. McBluna

kirkinezi and ammar11 like this.
  6. kirkinezi

kirkinezi New Member

Thanks for that.Unforunately in the Up&Down keys I already set the Subtitle position.Is there any alternative to have both (Subtitle delay and Subtitle position) in different quick keys?

7. kirkinezi

kirkinezi New Member

Also I have problem with access the Home Theater from my smartphone.When I set the zidoo IP (192.168.178.x:9528) on my PC browser I have access but on my smartphone I get a message to put a password.I didn't set any password at all.I checked the zidoo Settings - Network - Samba Server and the Enable password switch is disabled.
    How do I get thrgough this ? I'm I missing something?

8. McBluna

The first time you set the password.
    In case you need to reset the password check my guide.

9. kirkinezi

kirkinezi New Member

Thanks.That worked just fine!
    In some movies in Home Theater Collection , even if the name of the file include the film resolution , I have wrong icon resolution in posters.For example I have some movies in 1080p and istead of that in poster has an icon of 720.Is there any way to edit that?
    20210113_163635.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  10. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

in the margins I wonder why such manufacturers of equipment as zidoo and other companies producing such multimedia players will not follow the way of manufacturers of satellite decoders and will not allow enthusiasts to make enigma2-style software for satellite decoders ?? I have a vu + zero satellite decoder myself and I know how much enigma2 gives and how fast such software develops ... after a few months, zidoo would read everything, including paving slabs in dolby vision :)

11. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

I do not know what you are writing about, I am very confused by translations and mistakes
    As for functionality ...

I had and have a lot of equipment and Zidoo discouraged me from the very beginning.
    I knew that it would not be good, maybe they would refine the firmware in a year ... but in a year there will be another model and all over again ...

12. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Not true, enigma2 is Linux based but it still requies hardware support and kernels from chip manufacturers such as arm and broadcom, if Zidoo had had the hardware to process two video streams into one output Dolby Vision wouldn't be a problem, but it doesnt, the chip manufacturers can't get a licence for this technology and as such kernel (sdk) support.

13. SolarGlider

SolarGlider Member

I was away for a while, just got another Zidoo Z9X today in exchange. Unfortunately this one suffers from exactly the same problem. The Speedtest was a good idea. I got 256M max out of it with Ookla browsertest. Futureland in France explained that they had complaints of Z9X's and Z10 pro's inexplicably being limited on 100 Mbps when streaming. I've read some of the previous posts and could Windows have something to do with it since most of you are using a NAS? Also just updated the device to the latest firmware fyi. Also I have a Nvidia Shield Pro now connected on the same network and with Kodi it plays all the files like a champ (not in the same great picture quality though)

14. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

I have more than a month of z9x and I will say that it is a good player, but very capricious when it comes to playing dolby vision, there is no way in the commercials that it actually plays a few movies with dolby vision, that having copies of its ultrabluray discs in iso you can not count on playing with dolby vision, that you have to convert to mkv and you still have to be careful whether it is mel or fel, because fel does not play, it's quite unpleasant with a player whose main bonus is playing movies with dolby vison, it actually plays only a few . It is in a way like buying a car that can only drive forward and turn right only, and in company advertisements nothing about it, of course, the company can explain that it does not write that dolby vision works in all situations, it's such understatement, it is not entirely fair to clients, they should make it clear what files dolby vision supports, to make it more fair.

MovieUwe likes this.
  15. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Well, yes, of Speedtest gives you normal readings, you Z9x LAN network is fine.
    Windows can be a pain in the *ss if it comes to network shares, and indeed, most of us use it with ext stash aka NAS. So basically the z9x is just a front end player. I must admit that writing for example from Win10 to a Z9x a USB 3 drive does not get above 15 M max. That incoming and writing seems to be wonky.
    But if speedtest is ok, there is something messy with the windows /router/ switch/ whatever is in between part?
    And that can be a lot. Can be DHCP, some LAN port somewhere that switched to 100 instead of Giga ( had that here with a NAS ) , so many factors that can mess up your setup.

Edit : just did a test moving data from the Z9x to win10, speed is 80 M , so thats ( also ) ok.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  16. SolarGlider

SolarGlider Member

Thanks @DIKKE for the explanation. The only thing I can think of since two other media players are playing nice with my network is that when I connect the Zidoo it's not recognized as gigabit capable. It's possible that with the SMB setup on my pc in my specific network setting it gets configured on 100M. Since I have very limited capabilities to make changes to my network the last resort would be to try NFS again. It's a pain to set up on Windows if you don't have experience. When that doesn't work out I'll get the second gen Dune and sell the Zidoo. I'll try setting up NFS tomorrow.

17. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

on my v8 remote w z9s, there is a button to bring the menu up wo stopping the video. my guess the same (or holding certain key briefly) might be avail on the standard remote.

18. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

if it works w shield, i doubt it will be a win or network problem. do u use smb or nfs? z9s works well w smb but had problem w nfs. I dont know its the same on z9x but might be worth checking. I often played media on the pc w my z9s (via gigabit ethernet). has no problem with 4k60Hz (90-100 mbps). mind you, if there are other background activities on the pc, it might cause stutters. so i usually just log off any user sessions b4 starting video.

19. SolarGlider

SolarGlider Member

I use SMB for content streaming. I used to have a Z9S that also didn't have any problems playing UHD high bitrate content. That's what's so strange. Two Z9X's that stutter every minute but three other media players that play just fine with SMB. I'm really starting to think this issue is not my fault but has something to do with certain firmware in the Z9X that has issues with Windows SMB shares since as I've read the NAS owners can play SMB just fine with the Z9X. And again the company in France that are an official Zidoo dealer said they encountered this issue before.

20. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Well, i think it is def not the Z9x in this case. And personally i stay away from any DUNE machine ( been there, done that, never again ) , the only alternative i would consider would be a nv shield. But picture quality on the Zidoo models is by far the best i've seen so far.

Good luck!