System Wallpaper ?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20' started by Johnwoto, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

On my Z9S you can set a system wallpaper as shown in the screenshot.

Why can't the X20 do the same the option isn't available on the X20,

You would think that a player which is 3 times the price would have all the features of the Z9S and more

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  2. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Hey guys

Does anyone know if you can change the system wallpaper on the X20 ? I wondered if an image can be swapped out with the original grey/black one.
    It would of been nice if they had incorporated that feature into the latest firmware

3. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

You could install the launcher from the lower players and change in quick settings I think.

4. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

That sounds interesting, would I have 2 launchers on the x20 ? If it worked would I be able to use the original launcher on the x20 with the updated system wallpaper

5. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

@McBluna - I don’t suppose you have the Launcher apk on your site, I have had a look around but can’t find it. Wanted to give that a go what you said

6. McBluna

7. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

8. McBluna

That shouldn't be necessary. It's just an app and you can remove it if you want. In case you've more than one launcher installed you can set the default somewhere in the Android app settings.

9. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Ok cool - will let you know how i get on

10. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Installed the launcher but unfortunately it doesn’t have the wallpaper menu in the settings it’s the same as the x20 launcher, it’s a real shame I was hoping it worked

11. McBluna

Never noticed it before. The quick settings app is different between X20 and Z9S.

upload_2020-9-14_23-57-1.png
    upload_2020-9-14_23-57-18.png

Attached Files:

12. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Is it possible to install the quick settings or do you think it may mess the x20 up @McBluna

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  13. McBluna

I've no idea what functions Zidoo might have added to the X20 quick settings app what Z9S don't have.

Did you try the Wallpaper system setting?

upload_2020-9-15_8-40-13.png

14. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Yes tried that - select a picture it says Set as Wallpaper but doesn't stick for some reason - Do you think I could load the settings apk onto the x20 not sure what would happen

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  15. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Just noticed tonight - I accidentally pressed the app switcher on the keyboard and noticed a wallpaper behind the apps hidden, just to make sure I changed the wallpaper. Why it’s hidden I have no idea, what’s the point of it. Still got that horrible grey colour.
    ECF0426F-11D1-47DD-86D2-60F63C314565.png C2BF052C-0A58-4AB6-8D72-E6A60027B6DA.png

16. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

17. lawgiver

lawgiver New Member

hello, do you have a solution to the problem? thanks

18. McBluna

To get the wallpaper as background in Media Center or any other app like it is in Home Theater, Zidoo has to change the app. A semitransparent background should be possible.

19. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Not sure if that is possible - Looked at all the settings and in advanced settings there is nothing that can be set as transparent that will effect the system menus

20. McBluna

Without a change in the app eg. Media Center by Zidoo we've to live with the gray background.