ZIDOO UHD 3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

To be fair to Zidoo, by saying it "supports high-quality Dolby Vision low latency (LLDV) output" they're not really saying anything wrong - LLDV support is excellent - the experimental side is really only in trying to crowbar Profile 7 out of the box (which has taken a step forward this week by the way).

2. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

I know DV is most dinamic "standard" ever see with a lot change from year to year from 2015 and very few supplier get licensed.
    When in forum mirror scream as DV is experimental but on main site is advertise as supported functionality are strange for owner of high-end device to be beta tester paying high amount of money.
    I can just hope sooner Realtek and Zidoo to release stable firmware for player base on that SoC and almost of owners to be happy, but until now every firmware have progress and degradation in same time witch make majority of owner unhappy.
    Enjoy your media collection.

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Frankly I must say that I also experience it a bit like dance steps with three passes forward and 2 backwards again. :rolleyes:
    The last FW was an exception that was 2 forward and 3 backward. :(

No idea how and why this is happening maybe they are too eager to show results and change too much concurrently?

Mabon likes this.
  4. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

To that price, a media player must run flawlessly when released. When I see the quality of the last firmware for my Z10 (scan in HT 4.0 is just a joke in my language + few new bugs) and all the glitches coming with the new generation, I will finally freeze my pre-order for this one. Good hardware, bad software... Please Ziddo, stop to add bells and whistles and make your players do what they are supposed to do.

5. vale69

vale69 New Member

Anyone knows why this new box still does not support RAID (1) configuration although it can connect 2 hard drives ?
    It would be very useful and I might even remove my NAS from the setup....
    Thanks.

6. Nice Monkey

Connecting a RAID USB box to the Zidoo is far easier and can replace a NAS perfectly. Doing so since many years.

7. vale69

vale69 New Member

Thanks....the problem is that I wanted to get rid of an extra outside box and use the SATA internal docks of the Zidoo....otherwise I can keep my current NAS: I don't see any particular advantage with replacing a 2 bay NAS with a nearly (less performing) outside box....unless I missed something from your suggestion ;)

8. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

9. WhiteShmoo

WhiteShmoo New Member

The price is much lower than a NAS, and the speed with 4k BDs? How it compares?

10. WhiteShmoo

WhiteShmoo New Member

I'm an owner of an UHD-2000 and now I'm searching for a NAS with 5 bays minimum, but the price...

Here in Brazil the price is so high!

Can someone recommend one? Synology, Qnpap or another?

11. Nice Monkey

A USB docking with or without RAID will perform at drive speed. If you access the Zidoo as a SMB Sever the Gigabit LAN will be the limiting factor.
    As good as a real NAS regarding performance. Without RAID it is extremely flexible with Plug & Play per drive of any size per unit at a low cost. This obviously without implicit/automatic backup.
    I make (partial) backups of my drives manually. As drives are just spinning when actively used per individual drive I never had a failing HDD.
    Always regarded NAS for home usage an overkill. Get 2x 4 slot USB3 HDD bays and you are done for very little money. There are also 8-slot variants.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    WhiteShmoo likes this.
  12. WhiteShmoo

WhiteShmoo New Member

Thanks for the advice.

13. Nice Monkey

I see the FW for UHD3000 is still identical to Z1000 Pro. It got the same new V6.0.90 FW today.
    By the way that FW is looking really good.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...roblems-v6-0-90-fw-no-feature-requests.84836/
    The list is (still) remarkable short.

Hey DOP over HDMI is promised to come. If this is realy MCH DOP over HDMI then this player starts to compete with high end HiFi players and streamers.

HiFi stereo including SACD DSD via Analog Output using the DAC and HiFi MCH including SACD DSD via HDMI with the AMP doing the decoding. Can't wait to really see/hear this! :cool:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    rozel likes this.
  14. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

@Nice Monkey : will have mine tomorrow..will be happy to report back...especially DSD MCH over HDMI...am really curious

And BTW reading through this thread...and can speak only for me...I have paid in full for all my zidoo's...

gymnos and rozel like this.
  15. Nice Monkey

The current FW is identical to Z9X etc.

16. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

I didn't know DSD MCH was supported by Zidoo devices...I guess it was just announced by Zidoo?

17. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

@myzidoo

It's good to specify this, otherwise I wouldn't have trusted you if you hadn't bought it.

18. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

attendons pour voir...

19. Nice Monkey

It is not supported! They just expressed their intention to include it on a future FW.

20. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hoping it will be supported on the Z1000 Pro too, which to all intents and purposes is a premium player. But I guess this will be a forlorn hope?