[Request] @Zidoo makes RTD1619 compatibile with Emby

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Davicom, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Davicom

Davicom Member

Hi, personally I'm waiting for this feature to buy new zidoo box.

At Moment, the only way that works Is enable root and with xbmc wrapper installing emby for Kodi et voilĂ : it's working flawlessy.

But root for me, has ever related issues, even more a netflix certified box like those of the Dr1619 series.

So, why don't you available internal player as external player in emby (or Plex if you like It)?

Honestly I got bored and I have long since stopped keeping the video libraries of each device updated separately.

And while I recognize that the work you have done with HT is excellent it is not the ultimate in scraping automation and precision.

Let me know

2. Davicom

Davicom Member

I miss to Say that zdmc doesn't work in this way, obviously... otherwise there would be no need to create the thread

3. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I think the onus is on Plex and Emby to provide specific RTD1619 Hardware support in their app.

4. Davicom

Davicom Member

Do you think? From emby tell to ask zidoo...

5. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Well yes I do, Plex provides specific hardware support for the Shield.

6. Davicom

Davicom Member

Simple search typing on google "zidoo emby"...there's a user on this forum that asked on emby community and from there he returned here...but well I can try

7. Davicom

Davicom Member

We hope at least a root stable version that works with xbmc wrapper for users aren't interested about online services

8. Noctiem

Noctiem New Member

Could you please allow your fantastic player to accept intents from other apps to play files? Zidoo's devices are solid, and Poster wall-HT 4.0 as well! The software is great - my problem is that I have spent too much time and effort in customizing Emby. I can't/am not willing to start over... I have been eyeing this player for months now, but I can't/won't purchase it unless it plays nice with Emby. I don't believe it would take a terrible amount of effort to roll out (I might be wrong?). I guarantee you will draw more potential buyers! Give us some love, and the currency will follow/flow. Thank you kindly for the consideration. :)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Emby Android Server should run fine on Zidoo. Tried on other brand without a problem even via the Public Internet. Does not need Root.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  10. Noctiem

Noctiem New Member

Hello there Nice Monkey,
    I will clarify - I have the server installed on my Synology NAS. I would like to use the Zidoo player as the "external player" (it is changed in the Emby client settings on the Zidoo). A relative of mine has the Z9X. I borrowed it because I was interested in checking it out. He loves his Zidoo, but he has a very different setup. If I need/have to, I will have to buy the Shield, but I would really rather not...

Currently, I cannot use the Zidoo player within Emby as the video player. When I tick the "use external player" box (Emby client settings on the Zidoo), Emby returns an error saying there is no valid player installed. If I install VLC player through the PLAY store, it will work just fine...but I have no interest in using a different player. The Zidoo player is native and works much better, which is why I would like to get one for myself. As of now, in order to use Emby/Zidoo, I have to stream the video/audio to the device. I am looking to be able to pull only the data from the NAS and play the files directly with the internal Zidoo player. Sadly, as I said, if install a different player it works immediately, but not with the Zidoo player.

I have searched for what I can and I found a developer who mentioned that the Zidoo is probably not "accepting intents from Emby in order to play the files". I appreciate the HT4.0 and Poster wall software, but I would absolutely love to be able to use Emby as my front-end... I have put hours and hours into organizing and filling in metadata for my collection. HT4.0 and other collection managers find "most" of the data, but there are always big holes...

I hope that clarifies it a bit. Thanks for the response.

11. Nice Monkey

@Noctiem
    Got it! ;)

Never tried using Emby Client with a media player. Just installed Emby Sever as a test.
    Never got myself a NAS but instead use Z9X as my NAS (SMB Server).
    I must say Emby is really nice and relevant also intuitive. :)

Getting this to work is most likely just a matter of making the correct internal player calls (modules names are incompatible). Similar to KODI => ZDMC.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  12. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

If it can help the Zidoo native player name is "Gallery" and the package "com.android.gallery3d", I don't use Emby but I was playing around with Kodi the other day and I used this info to edit the CustomExternalPlayer.xml for Kodi.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  13. Noctiem

Noctiem New Member

Alrighty, thanks guys/gals!
    I'll have to take a look at that. I'm not sure when I'll get to it as I don't have the unit at the moment.
    It would be great to confirm it works. If I were to use it as is, the process would be - search Emby for content->exit Emby->search for the content again->play the content with the Zidoo player directly from the folder... It's certainly not worth the extra hassle.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  14. I tried the emby android tv app. And selected use external player..
    And tried a movie.. with x85 and x90 beta firmware..
    And....

Emby now works with zidoo internal player
    When movie is getting ready to start, it says STREAM I Beleive on a black screen, then movie starts with zidoo player..
    Awesome...
    I tried 4k UHD HDR atmos and all good..

Teddyboy and gogo789 like this.
  15. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

Awesome! It would be great if plex does the same

16. Nice Monkey

Thanks for sharing. Could you detail the Emby settings to get the external player pointing to the internal Zidoo Video player? Can this be done for Music Player too?

17. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

I just tested it, you just need to enable external player in the android tv app settings and select the galery player when playing a video for emby. It doesn't seems to work for external subtitles :(

18. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

Can you confirme it doesn't work with external subtitles ?

19. Noctiem

Noctiem New Member

Well, how about that!
    I will have to get a hold of the device and test it on my setup.

I am also hoping the external .srt captions will load. I can't stand them, but my wife needs them...arr :|

...or, maybe it would be a good thing if they don't load. "Sorry honey, I guess it doesn't work"
    Maybe I could get away with not having them spoil the view :p

Thanks for the update!

20. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

For external subtitle I also gonna test jellyfin, an emby fork that looks really promising