ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Glorioso

Glorioso Member

Thanks, I'll try when I get home and before 2021 :), I was using the Long Press on the icon on the start menu.

2. Ioannis

Ioannis New Member

Hello
    I have a Samsung 75Q80T with Z9x. I am Playing a movie with hdr10+ but Samsung showing just HDR. In output of zidoo I am seeing that player gives HDR10+. Any opinion?
    P. S I have seen the flag hdr10+ from amazon prime

3. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Your whole chain needs to support HD10+ The Z9X and your Samsung does. What about your AVR if you use one?

I briefly had a Samsung TV that supported HDR10+. However my AVR does not pass it through (only DV) so the only time I got HDR10+ was on the TV's internal Amazon Prime app.

4. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

which movie on Amazon Prime has HDR +

Glorioso likes this.
  5. Ioannis

Ioannis New Member

Zidoo is connected straight to TV. No avr connected.

6. Ioannis

Ioannis New Member

It's been a while but I remember it's Hunters

narkissus likes this.
  7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

It's a while since we watched that series - it was really good and the video and sound quality was superb. We watched it in HDR, not HDR10+ as we hadn't upgraded our TV then.

8. Ioannis

Ioannis New Member

Suddenly zidoo z9x doesn't recognise my existing samba shares. When I try to reach from add source the folders seem to be disconnected and when I try ta add them manually it says unknown error.
    Any idea what's happening?

9. Ioannis

Ioannis New Member

I saw that in ethernet port the green light doesn't blinks, only the orange one. I test the cable in my old mede8er and everything is ok.
    What I can do in that case?

10. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Hi Mark I'm now getting freezes again in firmware 85 and 90.

They seem just like the previous glitches every 30 mins or so. Are you sure the fix is still in the latest firmware?

11. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Wow - pretty sure, but I'll check today - I've actually switched IPv6 off on my router for other reasons (Pi-Hole not playing nicely with IPv6) so I wouldn't have seen it - I'll switch it back on and 'Shark it again.

12. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Does seem like the issue is back. In the other thread Christopher Geschi went back to firmware 45 and the freezes stopped. http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/z9x-smb-playback-issues-while-streaming-from-nas.84784/

I'm going to return to firmware 66 and test if it's working normally again for me.

13. Markswift2003

I've been out for a while but left Wireshark running and I don't see the calls that occurred previously but there is a UDP call every 20 minutes so I'll check that while a file is playing...

So the issue you have, is it at very regular intervals the same as before?

14. Markswift2003

15. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Thanks for checking about the ipv6 issue. The current Issue is similar yes. While watching a movie with Z9x there are freezes every so often that last for under a second and there are 3 or so a movie with intervals of 20- 30 mins. To me it appears the same as the problems with older firmware which were fixed in version 45, 60, 66.

I have switched from a Pi4 Samba server on Ubuntu to Asus PN50 Windows LTSC Windows share which I believe is using SMB 3 protocol. I also upgraded firmware to 85 and now 90 so haven't tested the older firmware with my new setup. My new setup is fine when playing to another Windows PC with Kodi or locally though.

16. Markswift2003

There are suddenly quite a few comments about network playback issues so there's obviously something to this, but one thing I've noticed about them is the prevalence of people using Windows to serve the media - not exclusively it has to be said, but enough to twitch my spider senses...

For my part, I use Western Digital NAS drives and always have and so far no issues at all with any firmware (bar that old IPV6 issue).

LTSC is a good choice for something like this, but I'm not sure I'd switch from an Ubuntu server to Windoze...

17. Markswift2003

If I send you an apk would you be willing to create a debug log when this glitching happens?

18. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Yes of course that would be helpful thanks.

19. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Just noticed that on latest firmware if I have HDR set to auto and enable the new Dolby Vision compatible mode (Force Standard DV) it outputs many Dolby Vision files @ 4k 23hz RGB 8bits Dolby Vision on My LG C6. This is great and looks really good. :D

20. kirkinezi

kirkinezi New Member

Is there any way to set a shortcut key on the remote to Subtitle offset to adjust timing without searching this function on submenues?