NAS service

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by francishe, Sep 30, 2016.

1. francishe

francishe Member

Hello everyone and Zidoo Tech. I am just new with the X9s received yesterday. My questions are:
    1. Seems the NAS coming with X9s does not have a build-in Aria2 that I can't find, But the NAS kit for X9 does have it. So does X9s cut off the function of Aria2?
    2. Failure to run transmission. Could visit it by cntrol web and upload seeds, but didn't run. The peer listening port told it was closed even after I forwarded the port to the box IP. I tested the forwarded port in the router and it did open already.
    Does anyone come across the same problem and how to solve it?
    Thx

sjn01 likes this.
  2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

2. Is know bug, already reported.

3. francishe

francishe Member

Thx. And how about Aria2? Zidoo deleted it? But it is widely used now.

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

x9s uses openwrt, openwrt does support aria2 . but we have a stripped down version, we can't use "opkg install aria2" at this time
    . there should be a update soon. we just have to wait and see :)

5. francishe

francishe Member

Unfortunately these are two additional functions i am so interested in. When do you expect an update can be ready to be released? Between Himedia Q5 4th generation and X9s i have finally picked up X9s just because it supported build in openwrt well while Q5 did not.

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Official response is soon. Zidoo is on holliday till 8. So not before that

7. francishe

francishe Member

Today Zidoo should resume its office. I hope they should give much more attention to the bugs and problem raised and provide prompt fixes, or they might face not only problems with their boxes but problems selling them. After running x9s for a week, i came to feel the firmware is a little inferior to Himedia's, which always gives problems to running app's. Not sure if they are not compatible with 6.0.1 Android. In general, not running smoothly or uninterruptedly. Please fix and improve them for sake of their benefit.

8. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

will solve the transmission can not download in firmware v1.2.4

9. francishe

francishe Member

Good. At least we can have quick reply from Zidoo Tech. Thanks. Hope to know if I can install your Nas kit in x9s, which seems to be designed for x9. I have suspended downloading for weeks since i gave my old downloader Himedia M3 to a freind after I betrayed Himedia hoping x9s would be working much better. But unfornately it disapoints me.

10. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

transmission can be fixed quiet easy... just add a dns server, and move the incomplete directory out of tmp to some nas share... thats all

11. francishe

francishe Member

Thanks. Mind giving more details?

12. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

remove /etc/resolv.conf (which is some symlink to /tmp/resolv.conf.auto), create a new file named resolv.conf in /etc/, add the "nameserver Your_DNS_IP" to it, where Your_DNS_IP is usually your router gateway ip.
    set your config directory to some location on your local hdd or nas (can be done at openwrt web interface), set your download directory as you wish, an you are done.

13. francishe

francishe Member

Many thanks. Try right now

14. francishe

francishe Member

Sorry. ES to /etc. But no "resolv.conf" file found nor can create the same file. Please kindly advise further.

15. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

there should be an update soon ( today hopefully ) that will fix this

16. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

do it with ftp, or ssh, it think you cannot do it with ES... winscp will be good ftp client for pc...

17. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Isn't accessing /etc reserved to root user?
    If true, isn't X9S still not root enabled?

18. francishe

francishe Member

Thanks. Will try with winscp

19. francishe

francishe Member

Yiu are correct. Not rooted yet and don't know how to. Have tried quite a few rooting app. None of them works on x9s.

20. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

it should be not rooted... for openwrt the root password has to/can be set at the web interface (just enter the ip of your box into a browser), set it, after that you can ftp to the box. Simple as that.
    btw.... set the password and other things on web interface from a pc and not through the built in web browser....
    Dont forget to start the ftp service, it can be found under the NAS services...