Zidoo UHD2000 and HDR with LG TV

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Przemyslaw, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Przemyslaw

Przemyslaw Member

One question on this point:

First,press the RESTORE button then turn on the power by the same time,
    while you have connect to TV,

You press the button at the back of Zidoo with a needle and while pressing it turn on power? When can you release it?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

When the TV shows the loading screen - usually takes 20 seconds or so I reckon.

3. Przemyslaw

Przemyslaw Member

Reflash was successful but there is no difference. Still HDR via Zidoo does not work. If the USB drive is connected directly to the TV, HDR works

4. Markswift2003

Wow - ok, that's mad - so probably an email to Simon at Futeko then...

5. Przemyslaw

Przemyslaw Member

Many thanks for your help, Mark.

Also, sharing the appreciation from Simon:

Thanks to Mark for his analysis. It saved us a few emails back and forth.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  6. Markswift2003

Nice one - Simon's customer service is always exemplary - I really hope a replacement sorts it!

7. Przemyslaw

Przemyslaw Member

Hey Mark!

Simon has completed the testing of my device and found no problems with it (not tested with LG TV though only HiSense and Samsung).

I'm thinking that there must be a compatibility issue then between Zidoo and my LG TV (even though the TV is from 2019) because also, as you may remember, connecting Zidoo directly to the TV shows No Signal.

I could see Zidoo's interface on the TV only when connected via AVR.

Not sure how to go forward now because Zidoo replacement won't solve the problem...

8. Markswift2003

It gets madder and madder doesn't it?

Also, don't forget you had no signal when connected direct to your HD Sony. Thing is I know a lot of people on these forums have LG TVs and although there was a big discussion over Dolby Vision compatibility, I've seen nothing about HDR10 and certainly not when connected directly to the TV - it's usually the other way round with AVRs causing problems!

I know Zidoo bought an LG TV, not sure which model, when there was a DV issue - maybe email service@zidoo.tv and point them to this thread and see if they can test a UHD2000 on it.

@mirror - is this possible to try?

Mark

9. Przemyslaw

Przemyslaw Member

Thanks Mark! I sent an e-mail to service@zidoo.tv

I can theoretically replace my Zidoo with the upcoming UHD3000 version but may see the same result if the problem is with the communication between Zidoo and LG TV.

Can you see any alternatives for me here? I mean, Zidoo is the top device in the market :)

Replacing the TV would be a little bit odd as in general it is great :)

10. Markswift2003

All the new devices use a different, newer, chip so if this is some weird incompatibility issue there's no reason to expect it to carry over to the newer boxes.

I'd love to stick an HDFury device in your setup and see exactly what's happening because you really shouldn't be having these issues with your equipment.

11. Przemyslaw

Przemyslaw Member

Which HDFury device in particular are you referring to, Mark? I heard that these are pretty expensive, aren't they?

12. Markswift2003

I have a couple of Vertex 2s - one permanently in the cinema and one for testing - yeah they are expensive - about $400 - maybe £300 or so here in the UK. It's one of those things I have no idea how I did without before I got them - they are so useful for diagnosing issues. Before the Vertex 2 I had the older Vertex 1 which was great but just not as flexible.

But they are by no means plug and play - there's quite a learning curve involved in getting the best out of them. Honestly I can't recommend them enough but this really has to be a serious hobby if you're contemplating one.

13. Przemyslaw

Przemyslaw Member

They bought C9 which is great news for me. Can we get @mirror to share his thoughts on the problem?

14. Markswift2003

This could well be another compatibility issue with LG - I've sent an email so let's wait and see what Zidoo say.

15. tz4

tz4 Member

Waste of time. I also did it at January 9.
    This was the answer:

We will feed back the issue to developers and hope they could test and check the problem.

Best regards
    ------------------
    For more experiences and facts ,
    Check http://forum.zidoo.tv or https://www.facebook.com/groups/zidooworld/

Nothing happened since almost a year...

16. Markswift2003

Just got a reply from Zidoo - the engineers will test - I'll let you know the results when they get back to me...

Przemyslaw likes this.
  17. Przemyslaw

Przemyslaw Member

Thanks Mark. They also responded to my e-mail:

Could you tell us whether you have turn on HDMI 2.0 of LG TV?
    Generally the setting could be found via "General TV system settings> HDMI signal".

I cannot find such an option but anyway my satellite TV box triggers HDR on the TV with no issues whenever HDR material is being watched, so HDMI settings should be OK.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  18. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Have you actually got HDMI deep colour enabled on your HDMI input?

19. Przemyslaw

Przemyslaw Member

Yes, I had that enabled on my TV (HDMI2 which is eARC). Would it create such no signal / HDR issues with Zidoo UHD2000?

20. Przemyslaw

Przemyslaw Member

Zidoo engineers tried both ON and OFF (Deep Colour) options with LG TV and couldn't reproduce the problem. Strange