Z9X SMB bug

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by boxerfan, Dec 6, 2020.

1. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

When browsing SMB share from the Z9X Media Center app, I notice a weird behavior - at times it is missing 1 (one) file/folder.

After some tests, I seem to narrow it down to SMB share at the root directory level (eg. V:\). For SMB shares at the folder level, it does not exhibit this bug. Can others test and confirm you see the same problem?

Refer to attached image showing the folder contents (from the PC side), and the folder contents (from Z9X side). The Z9X does not show the dummy file, but displays "System Volume Information".

Interestingly, it does not impact all SMB share at the root directory level. Very odd indeed...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  2. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

I think Zidoo can't do anything with TXT, so doesn't display. Place a media file there and it will be displayed.

3. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

I misinformed, Zidoo shows all files

boxerfan likes this.
  4. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

I have several shares and it is common for those with lots of folders to "not show" one of them on the zidoo while at the same time I can see them on my pc. It is avi, mkv etc. not due to it being a type of file it can't show.

boxerfan likes this.
  5. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

Yeap, that’s what I am experiencing too. Pretty certain it’s a bug in Zidoo code.

6. mv038856

mv038856 New Member

Hi,

I am encountering the same issue on my Z9X.

I have a HP server running Windows Server 2012R2. I have 10 SMB network shares on the same server, but I have the issue only on a single share.

First, the Z9X did not see the folder "Movies 4K" when i wanted to add the folder in Home Theater. When I added another directory, I named it "Movies", the "Movies 4K" showed up, but the "Movies" didn't.
    Now that the Z9X/Home Theater can see the folder "Movies 4K", it detected all movies, but a single one. I have 46 folders and 46 movies in the "Movies 4K" folder, but the Z9X/Home Theater only sees 45. It is the folder and movie "Angels and Demons (2009)(4K)(truehdatmos)" that the Z9X can't see.

When I go into Z9X's Media Center and look on the server, though, the "added directory" "Movies" is invisible there as well, but when I go into "Movies 4K", I can see the Folder "Angels and Demons (2009)(4K)(truehdatmos)" and can play the MKV file with the same name therein.

To which address can I send this error report or will Zidoo pick up this issue from this forum?

Thanks!

Markus

7. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Remove the word "demo" from the list of characters in file names to ignore in HT4 settings.

8. mv038856

mv038856 New Member

Thank you very much!

Removing the „Demo“ did the trick! Angels and Demons has been found.

So the only remaining issue is the Z9X not seeing the first folder called „Movies“.

Markus

9. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

My guess is that the account that Zidoo uses to connect to the SMB share does not have permission. You said you created a new share (with presumably default permissions) and Zidoo saw it right away. I have folders named "Movies" in three different SMB shares on my NAS and have no issue like you are describing.