ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

ppl keep saying it wont do dvhe 7 but its playing those the same as dvhe 8 rips
    ie works fine for awhile then stutter audio issues WHEN DV and DA used ......DV and the 5.1 track on same mkv works fine ,even with dvhe7 rips

classic example is the LOTR /Hobbit movies out now

2. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't know, using Zidoo player from my collection:

Triggers DV without any stutters or lagging:
    • Venom (TBC)
    • Gemini Man
    Doesn't trigger DV and plays in HDR10 instead but also without any stutters or lagging:
    • Back to the Future Trilogy
    • Saving Private Ryan
    Triggers DV with stutters or lagging:
    • The Matrix - (only one chapter e.g. while at Neo's office building early in the movie, the rest is okay)
    • Fellowship of the Ring - Disc 1 (always starts after about 5 minutes even if I skip chapter, other episodes are expected to be the same)
    Not even has DV but still stutters or lagging:
    • Attack of the Clones (to be fair I've only watched one scene and the problem it happens everytime, not sure if it's the whole movie)
    All with Dolby Atmos.

Again, all this problem go away if I use Kodi's native player.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  3. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Mute point really as you say Kodi doesn’t recognise the Dolby Vision information and that combination of Dolby Vision and TrueHD or Flac audio is the problem.

4. ammar11

Yeah but Venom and Gemini Man works with Zidoo player though, with DV triggered. We were talking about profiles so I was hoping someone could tell me if the difference with them is the profile?

5. DaMacFunkin

Hi, both Gemini Man and Venom are Profile 7 MEL titles, Gemini Man is 60fps - this problem might be with DV titles that have a refresh rate at 23.976 / 24hz so let’s keep this title out of the equation for now.

Venom, I haven’t tested yet, on the last firmware 046 we all had titles that worked and titles that didn’t I Watched the Matrix all the way through (Mel) but on the 066 firmware that goes choppy all the same.

6. ammar11

Ah I see, makes sense. I'll try Venom again sometime, I think I was on firmware 046 at the time.

Sneaked out of work a few minutes (I work from home lol) and did some testings.

I purposely choose HDR setting as Mapping HDR10. This is solely to take Dolby Vision out of the equation. Using Zidoo player, Fellowship of the Ring played with the same stutters and lags still.

Then I purposely choose HDR settings as VS1o Engine and LLDV. This is solely to force Dolby Vision into all content. Using Kodi player, Fellowship of the Ring played flawlessly (although colours are washed out).

It seems Zidoo player stutters and lags even with DV off. Not jumping to conclusions here, but maybe the devs can use the information.

Anyway, for those who really want to watch The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies and don't mind about not having DV, you can try to use ZDMC. Go to Settings > Player and turn off External Player to have Kodi's native player instead of Zidoo player. Just an option while we wait for a fix.

EDIT: Makes me wonder, because my Attack of the Clones doesn't have DV but has the same stutter and lags problem, could it actually caused solely by the Dolby Atmos? It's the only non-DV title with the problem though. It also plays fine on my laptop and TV.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  7. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Anyone know fix for -
    Added ext4 formatted SSD. Samba share is working fine for reads and write but in HT 4.0 when I try and set custom directory to the SSD I get error
    "The directory you selected does not have permission to write, and the poster can not be saved"

It was working fine (HT 4.0) when android formatted the drive as fat32 but this was slow and I want +4GB files so need solution to format from zidoo Z9x as ext4 or way to fix permissions.

8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You're better off having the Custom Directory stored locally on the Zidoo in storage:// or a sub-directory in storage:// - much quicker.

9. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

I fixed it by switching to NTFS. Seems ext2/3/4 all will require root to set permissions.

Do you really think it will be quicker on internal storage than a SSD connected on the SATA port? I will always have a disk attached so doesn't matter which I use really just want to get it off the network devices.

Unrelated Edit - Samba speed was 60 - 65 MB on Fat32, 90 -95 MB on ext4 and 95 - 100MB on NTFS.

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

When you said "Samba share is working..." I assumed you had the SSD in a NAS box rather than connected direct.

I'd still keep the poster directory on the internal storage - not sure which would be faster (depends on architecture and memory chips) but my gut feeling is that internal storage would be a bit faster. Worth a try both ways.

11. Ercüment Akyürek

Ercüment Akyürek New Member

Hello, I'm having trouble installing the new z9x • I have a Sony xe9305 TV. When I do DV in the HDR setting I made, the white background turns pink when playing the movie. Color gamut is distorted. Can you help This about problem. Thanks

12. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

13. chinkw1

chinkw1 Member

My Zidoo Z9s when display 1080p, it's capable of YUV444, 12 Bits, ITU 709.

But, when display 2160p, it only can do YUV444, 8Bits, ITU 709.

I wonder why?

If it's the limitations of Z9s, can Z9x display 2160p at YUV444, 12 Bits, ITU 709 pls?

14. Ercüment Akyürek

Hello, good day everyone, I received my Z9X player that I ordered on Friday. I have a Sony XE9305 and Oppo 203 UHD player as a TV. The main reason I chose the Z9X was DV support. There are a few settings that I do not understand in the operation of the device, I would like your help.

When I run a full 4K UHD Bluray data media (with Movie DV feature) or 4K UHD blu ray disc (with movie DV feature) with the Oppo 203, my TV automatically switches to Dolby Vision mode in the picture settings, Dolby Vision logo signal appears and disappears if the TV is on the top right. it wouldn't let you change the settings. So DV was doing a superb job on its algorithm over oppo.

When I make the recommended settings on the Z9X (selected in the HDR-Auto tab), although there is a DV in a media, the picture is very good, but the Dolby Vision tab is not displayed in the picture settings on the TV. The DV signal does not light up like the Oppo. In short, the movie is not in DV mode but in the TV's own settings (cinema pro) Of course, all HDMI cables etc. supporters are compatible.
    Again, when I leave Auto in the HDR tab settings and switch to '' Dolby Vision VS10 Engine For HDR mode, this time the DV signal lights up on the TV, the picture mode on the TV switches to Dolby Vision Mode, but the entire color algorithm of the film is broken, the screen turns into rainbow colors.

In short, it may be Auto in HDR settings and the VS10 engine is running at the back, but it may not be reflected on the screen, but the image is playing with a DV algorithm or there is a possibility that there is a problem with the device. As a former plasmaer and still looking for those images, I like DV's color and lighting algorithm. I would like you to have your views. Thanks in advance. :)

15. DaMacFunkin

Zidoo Z9X can not play Dolby Vision from 4K blu ray files, only HDR10.

xskip likes this.
  16. Ercüment Akyürek

thanks for the answer, what does dolby vision mean in this device then what does it do

DaMacFunkin likes this.
  17. DaMacFunkin

You can learn to rip your Blu-ray to single track mkv but it doesn’t play them very well at the moment,
    Probably the best thing it does is LLDV but most highly specified tvs don’t need this.

Ercüment Akyürek likes this.
  18. Ercüment Akyürek

thanks again for the answer
    The file I play is a full-menu blu ray file, when I play it on oppo, it is active on DV TV but not on Z9X and it plays HDR10.When you select the Dolby Vision VS10 Engine For HDR setting in the HDR setting, the color gamut of the screen becomes distorted, turning a pink color.

19. Oldirtydog

Oldirtydog Member

From what source you play the movie on Oppo ? HDD ? because on zidoo you must convert DV full copy to mkv....no chance to detect DV on full copy to zidoo z9x....

20. DaMacFunkin

Hi...
    Exactly, he isn’t getting DV on Zidoo from his full back up.