ZIDOO Series your NEW Top 3 Features you Want Added Not please Fix Thread !

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Thanos

Thanos Member

Better remote control for more expensive models, than now, where ZIDOO gives the same remote control ($ 15) for the cheapest but also for the more expensive model.
    Other manufacturers (for a more expensive model) have at least two remote controls IR (with numeric keypad) and BT.

I would welcome the LCD display to show the time even when the unit is OFF or in sleep mode.

Support for stream services. The multimedia device for launching only LOCAL film is now "passé"

When people wrote complaints about Wi-Fi antennas that can't be unscrewed, ZIDO will learn from it. Of course, the Z9X has a fixed Wifi antenna again.

Overall, I don't understand the price difference. The same motherboard, the same LCD display for all models (pure marketing) , but the price of a few $ 100 just for a different look of the box. If I pay extra for the PRO model, I would like to see the difference.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    fedofed and myzidoo like this.
  2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

The Remote is different on the Z1000 Pro model !
    Lcd Display is different look to the Z9x ?

3. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

Another feature which I miss :

- Ability to set advanced picture settings (Hue, Saturation, Brightness etc...) in both player modes (currently missing in player mode with full menu support)
    - Ability to do it without playback being paused

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@Thanos
    Better remote control for more expensive models, than now, where ZIDOO gives the same remote control ($ 15) for the cheapest but also for the more expensive model.
    Other manufacturers (for a more expensive model) have at least two remote controls IR (with numeric keypad) and BT.
    - The Z1000 PRO comes with such a remote

I would welcome the LCD display to show the time even when the unit is OFF or in sleep mode.
    - It consumes only 5 W when left on. With a boot time of 40 sec no real need for a sleep mode.

Support for stream services. The multimedia device for launching only LOCAL film is now "passé".
    - It supports multiple streaming services what is still missing is HD Audio support with those. Anyway far better than with previous models after adding the relevant APP's yourself.

When people wrote complaints about Wi-Fi antennas that can't be unscrewed, ZIDO will learn from it. Of course, the Z9X has a fixed Wifi antenna again.
    Z1000 Pro even has Internal Antennas. The Z9X model seems to be kept as cheap as possible on purpose.

Overall, I don't understand the price difference. The same motherboard, the same LCD display for all models (pure marketing) , but the price of a few $ 100 just for a different look of the box. If I pay extra for the PRO model, I would like to see the difference.
    Next to better looks: Bigger Display (also Z10 PRO), Internal HDD (also Z10 PRO), Far better build-in PSU, the BT Remote you like, the Internal Antennas you like

I don't really see anything wrong with the pricing of the various models. Good to have a choice.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    Mabon likes this.
  5. Tonyj

Tonyj New Member

How about a login to plex using zdmc under services the same as mrmc on shield.Then you could use the zdmc interface with plex scraping and use the proper zidoo player with smooth playback. I know a lot of people arent interested in plex but im sure some people would love the mix of zidoo player engine and plex organisation.

6. Thanos

Thanos Member

Is the audio player still playing in the loop? The last time I used ZIDOO, it was not possible to play just one song, but immediately another started. The "sleep" function would be welcome.

-----

Do you know if they have already replaced the FAN, or is it still as noisy as the first models from 2016?
    He RTD 1619 parameters provide a lot of interest function. I don't know if there is a problem in optimization or ZIDOO just doesn't want to pay the certificates. (or certification is not possible because it does not meet criteria).

I would consider buying ZIDOO if the following formats worked:
    Netflix : 4K + HDR10 + DolbyVison
    PrimeVideo : 4K + HDR10+
    Disney+ : 4K + DolbyVision, HDR10
    Audio format support is not that important to me.I do not own audio sets that support advanced audio formats.

I would also welcome a smaller remote control without a numeric keypad. Just personal preferences, but I don't really like big bricks.
    To play only local formats from the HDD, you don't need to buy equipment for a few hundred dollars. In the future, it will replace everything for streaming services.
    (However, for audiophiles and demanding users, the higher ZIDOO models are interesting)

PS: Screwing antennas cost nothing.
    The same plastic as on the Z9S model, IMHO used the same one to empty the warehouses. (cost savings)
    The same for appearance. Developing a new look costs money. It is difficult to see the difference in the last three ZIDOO models from 201 * and 2020.

Far better build-in PSU
    The guarantee of the stability and quality of the power supply should be a matter of course, not to pay for it.
    :)

However, I understand that you are already a long-term user of ZIDOO and you have already learned to use it and accept some minor shortcomings, so the criticism of other users may seem inappropriate.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    fedofed likes this.
  7. DELUCAS

F7D6442C-2CF5-4F96-AC5D-F68CA37FFFF4.jpeg How about a pair of these at the back of the Zidoo certainly un screwable and diff looking but might put the cost up a fraction. ;)

Whitfield likes this.
  8. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Skookum, I'm down for that! :D

9. Cezary

Cezary Member

Adding functionality that the poster walls corresponding to particular sources in Home Theater v4 with classification mode on could be sorted using independent criteria (sort type, asc/des). Currently there is one global sort setting for all poster walls.

fedofed likes this.
  10. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

So you don't actually have a Zidoo then :rolleyes:???

11. Thanos

Thanos Member

I don't think this only applies to the user who owns Zidoo, but also to those who would like to buy it, don't you think?
    I used Zidoo for several years (version whith OpenWRT supports). I'm waiting for changes and after which I would consider buying a new model.

12. DELUCAS

Different Colour options on each Model e.g.

Z10 Pro Brushed Alluminium Black
    Z10 Pro Brushed Alluminium Silver
    Z10 Pro Brushed Alluminium Dark Grey

Osmar likes this.
  13. Nice Monkey

Doubt they will do that as it would triple logistics which dealers hate.

14. DELUCAS

Shame love to see a Z10 Pro + in Brushed Alloy Black :)
    May etch mine in Black ;)

15. Nice Monkey

Could be for Neo X? If it ever is released?

16. DELUCAS

977720AB-2371-40EB-88E4-A0BCB5034800.jpeg
    ha
    Yes there is a silver & Black version on the Neo
    Next year if ........

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    fedofed likes this.
  17. edgnoj

edgnoj New Member

1: Clock always on in standby
    2: Gapless audio for all Zidoo players
    3: Toggle key between play screen and Home screen for changing settings
    4: When using file player: always go back to favorites folder, not folder usb drive

fedofed likes this.
  18. Nice Monkey

Using the Zidoo Controller APP you can make setup changes there too.

19. DELUCAS

1 Clock

as mentioned ........just leave unit on it uses hardly any power .

fedofed likes this.
  20. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

1: samba patch like there was for Himedia Q10 to speed up network performance.
    2: real-time info on bitrate for example.
    3: louder output of USB audio.

DELUCAS likes this.