Dolby Vision & Dolby Atmos MKV bug - please acknowledge.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DaMacFunkin, Nov 1, 2020.

1. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

They can't, no one is attempting to play dual track files on external media players.

They can however play single track dual layer files.

2. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

if you have the older rip types which include both the 2160 vid and the 1080p DV stream .the next MakeMKV is going to be abl to change those to a MKV single track
    new feature coming in 1.15.4

3. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

That means there is no media player able to support playing back DV movies, only HDR10 right?

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

5. DaMacFunkin

Hi, at no point do you mention what TV you have.
    Your problem is a different problem to this thread, please find the thread about synch problems with LG TV’s.

6. DaMacFunkin

Hi, signatures don’t show on mobile so sorry about that.
    Yes the Panasonic has the same problem as the LG sets, but Zidoo although they may release a work around are insisting the onus is on Panasonic / LG to provide a fix.
    If you want to log a complaint with Panasonic tech support they need to know it is a VSIF error with the latest Realtek chipsets.
    Good luck.

ghostshadow likes this.
  7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

The latest beta sorted the VS10 4K resyncs I was having with my LG CX. If only they can sort out the 4K DV / Atmos stuttering.

8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

9. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

I am using LG82UM76 which suppose to support DV and using Denon X3600H AVR. I have tried to play the same DV movie (13 hours) in the following formats.....

1. Play in BDMV folder : No problem.
    2. Full rip using DVDFab into mkv keeping both HDR10 and DV tracks : Screen is all white. Apparently Z1000pro only play on the DV track.
    3. Use Mkvtoolnix to take take away the DV track : Z1000pro able to play with no problem.

Z1000pro HDR setting is auto. When start to play the movie, LG indicated it sense HDR. With the above experiment. I gather Z1000pro is not "really" DV supported and only playing the HDR video track. Can any expert please comment above trial. Thank you.

10. Rockhard

Rockhard New Member

Just something I noticed while researching this. Where is it mentioned that Plex can play profile 7? It's a feature request by Plex users(https://forums.plex.tv/t/feature-re...-dolby-vision-dual-layer-dv-in-mp4s/532651/38) but not implemented. Only way to play it is using hacked Exoplayer in Kodi according to Makemkv forum

11. DaMacFunkin

Hi, if you read that people are confusing Dual Track with dual layer.

I own the shield 2019 pro, any Dolby Vision profile 7 single track dual layer created by Makemkv 1.1.53 plays in Dolby Vision via latest Plex / Plex Server fact, it will even play the profile 8.1 conversions as well.

12. Rockhard

Rockhard New Member

Thanks for clearing that up. The more I try to find a reason not to buy shield over zidoo. the more appealing shield is becoming. :)

Purely for local content(not streaming or gaming), would you rather recommend Shield? Right now the only thing stopping me is the PGS/VOBSub transcoding issue for which there is a workaround

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  13. DaMacFunkin

I have own the LGC9, I can see the red push on the shield, it bugs me, others not so much.
    Plex seems to have an audio delay problem on some DTS-HD MA tracks (or DTS-HD converted to Flac) in some titles it is only 125 ms on others it is way out.
    This has been reported on the Dolby Vision bug post on Plex forums (android beta).
    I haven’t tested if this is a problem for all profiles yet.

14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i must have something set wrong with plex somewhere

when i try to stream to either the tv or the zidoo it starts then just sits in an orangey loading screen going nowhere
    tried turning transcoding off cos thats what forums suggested and now it says my PC is too weak to process the files
    i7 4790k 16 g ram 1070ti gpu

was wanting to see how it handled the dv s since zidoo cant yet

cant be the gigga lan to the zidoo since it has no issues streaming the files from HDDS on the main pc

15. Rockhard

Rockhard New Member

From reading some forum posts it seems, for Nvidia shield the best option is to run both the client and sever within shield. I tried running Plex server from my PC(I7 16G ram with SSD) and then access it from TV and zidoo, I get lags and stutter or sometime just the orange waiting animation. And the waiting happens with 720p low bitrate files. HDR10+ at least plays even with stutter

16. afss

afss Active Member

It would be great for somebody to kindly help developing a GUI based DV MKV (FEL) to DV MKV (MEL) conversion tool (with profile 8 option). The current process works, but it is somewhat convoluted for the average user.

Thank you !

17. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Any chance you could detail the steps for the current process please?

18. afss

afss Active Member

19. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks

20. DaMacFunkin

The author of the current process did advise that he would be building a friendly version but he has been quite for a couple of weeks as he fits this program in around his University studies.