putting files in HD

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by jchanmc, Nov 26, 2020.

1. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

How do I put files into the 3.5" HD? Can I do it within Z1000Pro or I have to copy the files in externally? What is the format on HD in Zidoo

2. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

As format I'd recommend NTFS. To access the drive as network drive from your PC you've to setup Samba on your Z1000 Pro.
    An alternative is to use media center to copy files from a network share onto the internal drive of your player.

jchanmc likes this.
  3. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

Thank you very much for your reply. I will try that.

4. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

Thank you once again. While copying files from my NAS to Zidoo HD, I cannot use Zidoo to watch movies? The copy process won't work in the background?

Leo Pimenta likes this.
  5. Leo Pimenta

Leo Pimenta New Member

why didn't you watch your movies straight from your NAS accessing through zidoo? That way you wouldn't need to transfer all your content from the NAS to the zidoo hd.

6. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

Yes, I do, but for some 4K DV big file size (80+G) movies, playing thru NAS encounter some jerking. This jerking do not happen when play thru SATA direct connected to Zidoo

7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

It works fine for everybody else. Just make sure you have Gigabit wired network connected. Check the speed moving files to NAS and Zidoo. You should be around 80 to 100MB/s

8. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

Without Gigabit ethernet (I assume the jerkiness you get on 4K remuxed files is from using wifi only), the faster external file copy/move option is to get a USB docking station for the HDD.
    Files can then be copied over directly from your PC to the HDD (and then put it back into the Z1000 Pro).

9. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

Thank you for your comment. Yes, My home network is gigabit and all ethernet cables are cat6. May I ask how exactly can I check the transfer rate between NAS to Zidoo?

Regards,

10. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

Thank you for your comment. Yes, I am also using 2 USB docking stations other than NAS.

Thank you and regards,

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

You would need a program for Android to do that. I copy files between from PC to NAS and from PC to Zidoo. If I get good speed both ways then most likely it also good between Zidoo and NAS.