Beta version 6.0.66 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Nov 14, 2020.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

mapping hdr10 was one i meant

and yes i found it more vibrant than when HLG was up

Would have thought HLG mode would have been the more vibrant of the 2

cheers :)

2. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hi, HLG is HDR as is Dolby Vision, I think you mean HDR10.

HLG is developed for TV broadcast there is no reason why it should give you a better picture, it is a different gamma profile that’s all.

In mapping HDR10 you probably getting a dynamic representation of the data whilst in Auto it is just static.

When you got the washed out Colors in Auoto did you try to change your HDMI range to limited?

3. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

hi as above
    when HLG first showed on TV HDR was set for DV forced sdr ...the first shock was seeing HLG on TV for first time

i switched to mapping hdr10 and image was just a lot better overal with tv and zidoo showing hdr mode
    ill check how it looks with range to limited after epi im watching atm ..normally have it full range

edit
    HDMI range was on auto
    switched to limited and tbh i still think mapped hdr10 just looked much better than HLG for the epi i was watching (His Dark Materials s01e01)

maybe its like disney with their feeble DV with everything too dark

again ,reaction was more to finally seeing hlg up on tv :p

PS Total Recall original full 4k images are out :)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  4. tseng

tseng New Member

What is the different between with or without google play store firmware?
    My Ziddo z10 pro has no google play store. Which firmware can i use to update?

5. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

6. Cezary

Cezary Member

Hi,

where can one set the new global video ratio switch?

7. Szw

Szw Member

Hi,

in video player under settings -> Global Ratio Switch -> On.

8. Cezary

Cezary Member

Thx. How does it work?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  9. Szw

Szw Member

That's working. You start no matter which film. In the video player context menu you first have to set the global aspect switch to On, then you change the aspect ratio for the current film. This setting is now saved globally.

10. Cezary

Cezary Member

Thx. Will try.

11. Cezary

Cezary Member

Hi Zidoo team.

It would be nice if poster walls corresponding to particular sources in Home Theater v4 with classification mode On could be sorted using independent criteria (sort type, asc/des). Currently there is one global sort setting for all poster walls.

Regards

12. matty2k

matty2k New Member

Can confirm the issue for LG C7. Zidoo and TV are connected to Denon AV receiver. TV sends sound via ARC. TV Audio does not work, when Zidoo is connected via HDMI to AV Receiver. When I disconnect Zidoo HDMI the sound immediately works. Sometimes TV audio also works, when first starting Zidoo and afterwards shutdown and switch to TV without restarting AV receiver.

LG is a leading TV supplier. The issue should be solved in time.

kind regards
    matty

13. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I've googled and Samsung is Nr 1. LG is Nr 2.

Mabon likes this.
  14. djslmft

djslmft New Member

a quick question

i have a tv show in 25fps (checked on my computer with VLC, iina) Z9X says it's 24fps, and it drops frames every 10-15 seconds

is there any solution or workaround?

15. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Check what MediaInfo says - I bet "FrameRate" and "Original FrameRate" are different.

16. djslmft

djslmft New Member

true...
    what can i do?

Attached Files:

17. djslmft

djslmft New Member

explain it pls... do i have to reencode? why? isn't it a bug in the player, 'cause any other player can play it properly?
    i'm a newbie in Zidoo players, so sry for my stupid questions

18. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You need to use the "Header Editor" in MKVToolnix and change the "Default Duration" which is the number of nanoseconds per frame to match the actual framerate.

"FrameRate" is a calculation made by MediaInfo using timecodes and "Original FrameRate" is calculated from the "Default Duration" as defined above.

So for 25fps, Default Duration should be 40000000 nanoseconds.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    djslmft likes this.
  19. djslmft

djslmft New Member

okay...
    i tried :D
    but it says: (screenshot uploaded)
    any other solution?

Attached Files:

20. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

have you tried zidoo direct to the TV and use (on my pana z1000 eArc ) back to the reciever
    i had to do it this way for DHR10+ to work since my sony dn1080 is BV but now hdr10+ passthru

seems to work fine for me that way