HDR10+

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by rozel, Oct 21, 2020.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

un placer ayudarte. Cualquier dispositivo que esté conectado al televisor, si lo buscas verás que tiene opciones para editar nombre y tmb para "agregar a página de inicio". Si miras mi última foto verás que junto a Netflix, Amazon, etc. .. también está el zidoo y el escudo nividia. Esto es lo que quiero decir, una vez que esté viendo el ziddoo, vuelva a dar el enlace directo, obtendrá la información que desea ver

I'm currently only seeing HDR reported on the shortcut, so either my Samsung is only passing HDR10 or is passing HDR10+ but not reporting it.

Anyone please?

2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Well, I seem to have sorted things, it was a case of resetting the Zidoo and placing the sliders on the HDfury correctly, after which my HDR10+ titles played great and the "Info" button on the TV remote displayed correctly. Thanks again @Xiro for sticking with me, very much appreciated.

3. Xiro

Xiro New Member

@rozel I'm glad everything works, now let's enjoy

4. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

@rozel Do you see visual improvements with HDR+ vs HDR?

5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hi - it's early days but yes from the limited viewing so far of clips from my few HDR10+ titles they do seem really good indeed. Difficult to judge so far unless I can find a way of instantly turning off HDR10+ and view the title in HDR10, whilst the video is playing.

I'll keep watching and report some more soon :)

6. turbomaxBG

turbomaxBG New Member

My TV is Samsung Q70T and when whatch Alita zidoo z9x show HDR10+ tv show HDR
    zidoo is connected directly to tv

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  7. Xiro

Xiro New Member

[QUOTE = "turbomaxBG, publicación: 137795, miembro: 62009"] Mi televisor es Samsung Q70T y cuando aparece Alita zidoo z9x muestra HDR10 + programa de televisión HDR
    zidoo está conectado directamente a la televisión [/ QUOTE]

desde la actualización 6.0.60 y la última 6.066, mis archivos hdr10 +, juegan como hdr. Descubrí que quitando el cambio en Hz y resolución y estableciendo la resolución en 4k60hz, el hdr10 + funcionó nuevamente, pero por supuesto esta no es una solución válida, esperemos a que un nuevo firmware lo resuelva

8. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

hi, havent had to change anything on my panasonic z1000 or Z9X with regards to hdr 10+ with either the 60 or.66 patches

if its an hdr10 + movie or tv epi all i do is switch to HDR10 in the HDR settings in menu and it works perfectly
    Zidoo is still showing hdr10 + only as HDR in the info screen, but my TV is showing hdr10 +

ie Alita
    I i leave hdr settings on auto it will play as dolby vision and if i swap to HDR in settings itll play as HDR10+

9. Cezary

Cezary Member

Where can one find any HDR10+ demo?

10. Cezary

Cezary Member

Thx @cucnz

11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Sorry to go backwards but may I ask exactly what you mean by "all i do is switch to HDR10 in the HDR settings in menu" and "if I swap to HDR in settings it'll play as HDR10+?

I know about leaving the Zidoo in HDR AUTO but after that, I'm confused

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  12. Xiro

Xiro New Member

[QUOTE = "cucnz, post: 137800, member: 16580"] hola, no he tenido que cambiar nada en mi panasonic z1000 o Z9X con respecto a hdr 10+ con los parches 60 o 66

si es una película hdr10 + o una epi de televisión, todo lo que hago es cambiar a HDR10 en la configuración de HDR en el menú y funciona perfectamente
    Zidoo todavía muestra hdr10 + solo como HDR en la pantalla de información, pero mi televisor muestra hdr10 +

es decir, Alita
    Dejo la configuración de HDR en automático, se reproducirá como Dolby Vision y si cambio a HDR en la configuración, se reproducirá como HDR10 + [/ QUOTE]

Hello, I did a factory reset in case the latest updates were not implemented well in my zidoo, but everything remains the same, I still do not have hdr10 + in 24hz

13. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

atm to have The Boys s01 and s02 epis showing as HDR10+ 24hz

Settings / Display / HDR / set Mapping HDR10 or Auto (thou tbh i thought it was only on hdr10 ..maybe that was pre f/w 66 )

Atm both settings will play the HDR10+ epis for The boys as HDR10 + /24hz on my Panasonic Z1000 oled

in the older Zidoo Firmware info screen it didnt show as hdr10+. while my Panasonic z1000 showed it correctly
    that seems to be sorted in f/w 66

edit Important
    To get this working i had to run Z9X direct to tv and eArc back to reciever as my Sony DN1080 is DV passthru but not hdr 10+

14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

@rozel

I thought it best to bring this here - I thought you had this nailed with the LLDV/HDR10+ EDID?

15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Markswift2003 - I've not really got started with LLDV and as you know I'm having issues on and off playing HDR10+ titles. Until I get the HDR10+ issue sorted, I'm not moving on to LLDV. So I'm researching what could be wrong. You think the reason I get dark HDR10+ is down to my TV. I think not as this doesn't explain the fact that I sometimes have the issue and sometimes not. I'm currently thinking the issue is with the Vertex2

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  16. Markswift2003

[QUOTE "rozel, post: 138907, member: 54830"] [USER-21473] @ Markswift2003 [/ USER] - I've not really got started with LLDV and as you know I'm having issues on and off HDR playing10 + titles . Until I get the HDR10 issue sorted, I'm not moving on to LLDV. So I'm researching what could be wrong. You think the reason I get dark HDR10 + is down to my TV. I think not as this doesn't explain the fact that I sometimes have the issue and sometimes not. I'm currently thinking the issue is with the Vertex2 [/ QUOTE]

The thing is that HDR10 + is exactly the same stream as HDR10, it's just the metadata that changes.

So the first thing to do is remove the Vertex and see if the darkness issue persists.

17. Markswift2003

Not sure what's up with this thread - quotes don't seem to work.... and typing goes bonkers!

18. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I can't do that as then I've no way to connect to TV except by not connecting my Receiver. Before I got the Vertex2 I had a HDfury AVR Key and experienced zero issues. Before that, I tried for a few days before my op, connected to TV only and again had zero issues. When I say it could be the Vertex2, I am including the various EDIDs given to me.

19. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

Same for me, can only get HDR10+ in 50/60HZ (with judder), anything else it just defaults back to standard HDR

20. Markswift2003

[QUOTE"rozel, post: 138911, member: 54830"] I can't do that as then I've no way to connect to TV except by not connecting my Receiver. Before I got the Vertex2 I had a HDfury AVR Key and experienced zero issues. Before that, I tried for a few days before my op, connected to TV only and again had zero issues. When I say it could be the Vertex2, I am including the various EDIDs given to me. [/QUOTE]

All the Vertex does when you apply different EDIDs is to tell the Zidoo the capabilities of the Display (or spoof them), it doesn't have any effect on the actual stream or the metadata - that comes out as is from the player.

With the LLDV hack we're injecting custom HDR10 (static) metadata as an SEI message on top of what's coming out of the Vertex from the player however when you play HDR10+ and don't use LLDV, the Vertex doesn't add anything to the mix unless of course you tell it to with a custom HDR string.