Beta version 6.0.60 for Z1000pro and z10pro release date?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Polypenko, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Choubs

Choubs New Member

I'm not sure Google translates Swiss German :p

2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

There will never be a perfect firmware for you

Ich&Ich and Choubs like this.
  3. mirror

I know some of you have some discrimination about companies from China. Even if we work hard enough.
    But I have to say, you can't find a better media player than zidoo on earth:mad:.

H1982, Lony and Choubs like this.
  4. Trimonium

Trimonium New Member

I don't think someone have anything against a company from China, otherwise we don't buy a Z1000 Pro player for 400 Euro. ;)

But sorry, the Z1000 Pro is at the moment miles away from my Dune HD Pro 4K II. In my opinion this player works out of the box much better as my Zidoo for all of the basic stuff, except DV.
    So I've bought me a Zidoo 1000 Pro for DV and will see what the next firmwares bring to me.

So feel free, to let the Z1000 Pro become the best media player on earth :)

5. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

I believe that only a few people on this forum are venting their frustration (LOUDLY) as a result of the lack of sufficient information.
    EG last week beta 6.0.60 was released, later you replied 10pro will follow next week.
    No further information was supplied to the 10pro and z1000pro users, hence a lot of msge's going back and forward.
    The majority of the users understand that bugs and issues take time to solve and need to be tested before being released as an beta fw.

I for one am very happy with my z1000pro and trust that future firmwares will gradually solve certain issues.

My suggestion is "please keep users informed on this forum" could just be a brief msg. like "z10pro needs further testing before we
    release beta" this will Highly be appreciated by the most of us.

darkeyes909, H1982, mirror and 2 others like this.
  6. mirror

I would like to reiterate that I do not accept any criticism about DV MKVs. As I said before, the whole thing is in an experimental stage, please thank those who have worked hard for this.
    In addition, zidoo also has a VS10 engine for better seamless playback. I don't know what the moment miles away you're talking about?

H1982 and Markswift2003 like this.
  7. mirror

I will keep my promise, but there will never be 6.0.60, maybe 6.0.61?:rolleyes:

ThomasP, leonkoum, H1982 and 3 others like this.
  8. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Maybe the Z10 Pro first then ;)
    :) :)

9. mirror

And also don't accept any criticism about LG VSIF issue. This mistake comes from LG, but zidoo will try to make it compatible sometime.

10. Trimonium

Trimonium New Member

Ok, sorry, I meant the first use out of the box. I my opinion the Dune was working better as my Zidoo directly I've received the player. There were problems with the deep standby (already fixed), missing SMB NFS servers, Google account must be added with a workaround, not correct DVD aspect Ratio (seems to be fixed now, thanks for that).

So if I thinking for a "normal" user that buys such a player for 400 Euro, the firmware was not good enough at the release date, the error with the standby alone would have been a reason to return player to the distributor.

ThomasP likes this.
  11. mirror

The biggest competitiveness of zidoo is to constantly add new features and improve it, and the frequency of firmware release is the highest in history.
    And never so much attention has been paid to users' opinions

Choubs, pcristi and leonkoum like this.
  12. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Always for Z9X, first!!!! ;)
    In Zidoo team we trust!!!

13. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'd miss ThomasP if Zidoo went bust.

ThomasP likes this.
  14. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

@Markswift2003

That goes down like oil. But i would miss this forum. So much realistic assessments to the worlds greatest and stable media player family. I also like the Super Administrator which always has an open ear for the problems of us users. Sometimes it feels like a big family. Sorry but i have tears in my eyes due to emotion.

Party on, guys!

Make Zidoo great again!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  15. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I have the feeling this is actually one of the FW problems faced by Zidoo. User requests are added so quickly that it regularly leads to old things not working anymore as smooth as before.
    I agree with ThomasP and others here the Dune is far less feature rich but definitely more stable.

I would very much welcome a bit more focus on everything working again for old functions (Z9S compatible) and when that all works perfectly again get DV and VS10 new features to work on top of that. I will produce a list of problems I see once the first stable FW is released.
    Video/Audio getting out of sync with Atmos, 3D problems and BD menus working better on an X9S than on Z9S/Z9X are simple examples.
    I know a few bought the new Zidoos for VS10 plus DV and scream very loud but the basis needs to be made rock stable first priority.

Not even speaking about Music Player which still won't use my folder.jpg images when playing any type of albums like any other far simpler Music Player will do just fine. The same for reading MP3/FLAC ID2/ID3 tags and showing that information. First do things correctly playing straight and simple folders next start optional smart things like scraping and archives please. Also small things like reporting a bitrate of 5,64 Mbit for DSD64 which is 2.822 Mhz at 1-bit is annoying. For me 2.822 x 1 = 2.822 with my simple mathematics?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    darkeyes909, karipu, Lony and 2 others like this.
  16. leviathan

leviathan New Member

Nice Monkey
    You can also add to the list of bugs the problem with playing the blu-ray menu of this disc https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Roger-Waters-Us-and-Them-Blu-ray/271237/.
    It was tested on Dune and Zidoo Z9X. On Dune, the menu was reproduced, but not on Zidoo. I also tested this drive on the Z1000. The menu also does not play, the concert starts playing. Other users have
    (on the Russian forum) an assumption that the menu does not play due to incorrect removal of zone protection by AnyDVD. But this is only a guess. Ask them to check. And check it yourself. Thank you sir.

xskip likes this.
  17. Lony

Lony Active Member

Thanks to Nice Monkey, You got it right to the point :)

ThomasP likes this.
  18. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

One thing I really like about my dunes is you can ota download, install beta firmwares and also down grade the same way. No risk of each time hoping you don't have a disaster.