Netflix Dolby Digital on X9S

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by AV-Eng, Sep 26, 2016.

1. AV-Eng

AV-Eng New Member

I was disappointed to see that Netflix Dolby Digital 5.1 is not supported on the X9S.
    Has anyone found a way to make it work?

2. Greynium

Greynium New Member

Is Netflix playing in HD?

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you can't have netflix HD ( with 5.1 ) on 99% of android boxed. You need a special license. And netflix has a very small supported devices list. Its not zidoo fault

4. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Some users discussed about this question some time ago.
    I think will be a good idea if a Zidoo forum administrator will make a sticky post explaining the situation and why is so difficult if not impossible to be a member of "Netflix supported devices" list

5. AV-Eng

AV-Eng New Member

Thank You.....A blanket explanation would be nice to see.

I own a Sony NSZ-GS7, which despite its other limitations, does play Netflix Super HD and Dolby Digital 5.1
    The X9S was Bought to replace this.
    Between Netflix Dolby 5.1 incompatibility issue and Amazon Video not working ,....X9s is kind of Falling Short
    It does have a Beautiful Picture and like the Sony, HDMI Pass-Thru and many other very "Tekkie" Features which are nice for Advanced users
    One would think, Amazon and Netflix Streaming are the most Basic of Tasks that any box @ $140 should be able to tackle flawlessly.

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

7. Greynium

Greynium New Member

But it is also true that Netflix HD runs on Wetek Core because of supporting Widevine 1. I thought that the RTD1295 and so on the X9s would also support this

8. AV-Eng

AV-Eng New Member

Ahhhh!....Thank You... I did not realize Netflix made it so difficult for STB/OTT manufacturers. It doesn't seem like a very productive stance given Netflix is always trying to increase subscriber numbers.

9. davpel

davpel New Member

Exactly. I realize that this isn't Zidoo's fault, but given the enormous popularity of those two apps and the fact that for many chordcutters, these are absolute necessities, Zidoo and all other Android box manufacturers should be more upfront about this on their product listings. I'm no stranger to media streaming devices, but the X9S would have been my first Android box. When I ordered, I so the Netflix logo on the product page and assumed I'd get a fully functioning app. I ended up returning my X9S to Zidoo and they were excellent about accepting the return. But a little advance notice would have save both me and Zidoo some time and money.

10. frikiwebtv

frikiwebtv New Member

the main problem is REALTEK SDK, must be AndroidTV from begining. this is epic fail from REALTEK...

11. EB1000

EB1000 New Member