Home Theater 4

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by Prometheus, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

Hi

I always used Kodi (ZDMC), what I like about Kodi is that like Windows, you can see the folders, sub-folders navigation and in each folder I can put whatever movies I like with their posters. For example, I created a folder Star Wars and in it I put all the Star Wars movies, same thing for Alien, I put all the Alien & Prometheus movies in it, same thing with the Marvel movies, in it I put all the Marvel movies, Halloween, Walt Disney and so on... With Kodi, I can arrange my movies the way I want it, with Home Theater 4, I can't, it seems that you can't do that, and it's annoying, all the Marvel movies all all over the place and not in one folder. When you have a huge collection of movies of + 70Tb, HT4 is not user friendly at all. Unless there's an option somewhere that I'm missing. I want to like HT4 but I can't because of this. I hope Zidoo is going to implement the files, folders navigation system like Kodi.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  2. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

In my Zidoo X10 in HT4 I have segregated movie collections. Just like you, for example Star Wars are together. Of course, there are covers assigned to each movie. Information about the movie is displayed nicely. All in all, it all remained as I had arranged in HT3.0. I have a different problem for that. HT4 does not reproduce full BluRay structures.

3. sonata31

sonata31 New Member

Hello
    Can you describe the steps to follow?
    Thanks for your help
    Louis

4. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

Hi Louis,
    after turning on HT you have a disk icon in the top right corner. There, you have visible disks attached and there you scan them to see movies from your collection.
    Then, lower in the window, select a given movie and hold the OK button longer. A window opens where you can change the cover, adjust if incorrect, or add to the collection.
    If the movie is not in the main window, you go downstairs and at the very end you have others. There you will find unassigned videos. You choose and assign the cover.

best regards

5. sonata31

sonata31 New Member

Thank you very much for those explanations
    Louis

6. sonata31

sonata31 New Member

Can we associate a content (for example a documentary directory) with a category (for example Documentaries)
    Thanks for your help
    Louis

7. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

I don't know if it can be done automatically, but you can create a new directory and put the content there.

8. sonata31

sonata31 New Member

How associate this directory with a category ?
    Louis

9. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

I created a directory, named it as I wanted and assigned the content to it. For example - music videos - that's where I assign music clips.
    My own camera recordings - I assign my video there.
    There is some work to be done with it, but I have everything neatly sorted.

10. sonata31

sonata31 New Member

How do you do this ?
    Louis