ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Have to honest, that's all that matters - quantization range defines whether or not the range (0-255, 16-235) can be switched - I have a Samsung that allows switching in RGB but does not allow it in YCbCr.

Don't worry about it and just use Auto.

2. Bertrum

Bertrum Member

Mark, this is the effect I get when Dolby Vision VS10 setting is selected, in auto it is nice and black (Sometimes a little tooo black) but with some banding.
    Is this a bug and I just have to wait for a FW update? Or is there a workaround.
    It would be nice to be able to make use of the Dolby VS10 engine instead of the Realtek one in Auto HDR.
    Maybe I should try the HDMI colour back to auto from 16-235. (Wife is watching Netflix so can't try it now)
    I mentioned it in the review post by Sledgehamma, but no reply.
    All other settings are set as suggested except frame rate and resolution is off.
    Display is Samsung NU8000.

3. Markswift2003

There is a bug currently with VS10 conversion to SDR and HDR.

It depends what your TV accepts - if it's SDR, the VS10 conversion to SDR is incredibly washed out and lifeless.
    If it's HDR then again VS10 conversion to HDR is washed out and lifeless, just slightly less than SDR.

You can counter this in VS10 HDR by knocking the "Brightness" control in the Zidoo back say 3 clicks but this is at the expense of black crush so it's not a permanent fix.

If your TV supports LLDV the conversion is pretty good - black is very slightly elevated, but you'll only see that on test patterns and it's usable.

I've reported this problem to Zidoo from day one but I think it's an issue they need to take up with Dolby since it means the VS10 engine is doing exactly the opposite of what it's supposed to do, ie play back all content whether SDR, HDR or DV at the best quality the display can manage.

As for frame rate, I'd absolutely turn that on otherwise you have repeated frames (stuttering) on any content that doesn't match the GUI framerate.

Auto resolution not so much maybe since the upscaling isn't bad.

Cyclion likes this.
  4. Bertrum

Bertrum Member

Thanks Mark,
    Great detailed answer.
    My TV is not Dolby Vision capable, I only get the LLDV options if I enable ignore edid, but not sure if it will accept it.
    Might muck around again tomorrow, but in the end will wait for the bug fix from Zidoo.
    Picture is still great, but I know it can get better in time.
    I can wait:D
    Thanks again!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  5. vaskorn

vaskorn New Member

Can't find how the movies should be named to be recognised as part of collection? For example: I wand to create a collection of movies with actor Belmondo, let this collection be named Belmondo.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  6. Markswift2003

Open the web interface on a browser (http://IP_Address:9528), click into the setup of one of the movies you want to add (bottom right of movie poster) and select Collection Management, New Collection as below:

upload_2020-10-28_11-7-7.png

(the OK button is in Chinese)

Once you have that collection in place you can add movies to it.

7. vaskorn

vaskorn New Member

Thank you so much again. It looks, like with your help I'll manage to get from this box what I want :).

8. Markswift2003

I hope so - I know a lot of people love to whinge and moan about these boxes, but I take a slightly different view - learn what it does, use it within its capabilities and then help improve it. Works for me ;)

xskip likes this.
  9. Good evening everyone .....

Sorry but, I read that many Z9x do not have the buffer battery fitted ........ Including mine ....
    It doesn't seem normal to me, given the cost of the devices.
    If one would like to mount it, what type of battery goes with it: I saw that the compartment is round, but the diameter is smaller than the usual buffer batteries that for example are on PC motherboards.
    Frankly, I got tired of restoring the library every time I turn it on !!!!!!!!!
    If you can help me ........... Thanks in advance, Andrea

10. Markswift2003

I believe the reason they don't ship with batteries is to do with transport restrictions for lithium batteries. As far as I can tell it's a 12.5 x 2mm battery which is a CR1220.

But that won't solve any database issues.

andreamusso.am likes this.
  11. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

All it does is remember the time when powered off and back on .
    But once your connected to the internet the clock updates to the correct time so as such dont req the internal battery .

12. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Not on the current firmware.

13. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Mines working fine it seems .45 non G

14. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

On my Z1000pro with fw 6.0.45 G (which basically has the same mb) the time is shown correctly each and every time I power it on.

Markswift2003 your help and assistance on this forum is highly appreciated, but people are becoming highly frustrated that Zidoo gives no feedback
    at all to their customers.

Obviously the problems are being addressed by the Techninal Staff of Zidoo and if it was a simply solution a beta firmware would already have been released.

I own a LG oled 55C8pla and the new release for the C9 fw 5.00.03 is anxiously awaited by LG owners of ao the C7 and C8 series.

But also LG have not given any feedback when we can expect firmware releases for the olders models.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  15. DaMacFunkin

Which means Network time isn’t working.
    Which is what I said, no?

16. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

No each and every time the actual correct time is show on the Z1000pro when switched on since the Mediaplayer is connected to the my local network via a network cable.

17. DaMacFunkin

If you unplug the power does it show the correct time when you plug the power back in on the 045 firmware?
    Zidoo have already acknowledged this is a bug, people just need to be sure they are correct about the difference between powering off and pulling the plug, they are not the same thing.

18. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

Just switched off the z1000pro, removed the power cord entirely waited 1 minut re-attached the power cord switched on the z1000p and the correct time
    was displayed.

19. DaMacFunkin

Well that is interesting, I am connected permanently to the internet and my time does not auto update if it has been unplugged, it reverts to 2018, in fact I have just turned mine on and it is still on BST.
    I know other people have reported it and Zidoo gave acknowledged it, maybe the z1000 pro has higher end capicitors that store juice for longer? Or maybe it is a location thing?
    It doesn’t happen if you flash back to with 0.35

20. Goodmorning everyone.....
    in the meantime, thanks for the many answers .....
    To me, it doesn't matter that the display shows the clock, but that the Z9x remembers, between switching off and the next switching on, at least the path on where to get all the contents and the credentials to enter ... I have everything on NAS Qnap

Every time, it's like new .......... I have to enter the data every time ...........

Now, last night, I tried to reset with the install.img, starting from scratch but, this time I stop at 6.0.35, so to see if even with this firmware the Zidoo behaves in the same way.

I thought that the backup battery worked a bit like that of PCs, keep the main data as you entered them, instead, bhoooo, let's see what happens with 6.0.35 ........
    Thanks again......