RIP for backups of our movies collection...

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by OlivierQC, Feb 1, 2020.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

How are you ?

sorry if there is already a discussion about this

[​IMG]

-------------

do you have any information about the RIP function ?

-------------

is it for audio CDs only or also for HD / UHD discs ?

-------------

I assume that this function is available for all Zidoo X and Z series ?

-------------

zidoo will do it like zappiti and offer an optical drive with the Zidoo logo ?

-------------

See you

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

According to the dialog CD-ripping as shown by you is available with current FW on X20 Pro and UHD2000 only. Not on all models.
    They play for sure via DAE using an attached CD-ROM drive (USB3 or SATA). Tested myself with my Z9S. ;)Did not test a CD with CD-Text yet, but I prefer ripping with a PC for the plenty additional features doing so.

Ripping BD/UHD is very complex on such a platform I think and has probably legal issues too. :rolleyes:

So your player is riping Audio tracks, they sound any better when they are fully ripe? :p
    Interesting also to see chinese on the panel.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  3. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

4. Mirko87

Mirko87 New Member

Hi Olivier QC,

on my uhd2000 this function is not shown. How can I rip audio CDs and other?
    With external usb cd/dvd/bd it only plays dvd main menu, skipping all chapters!
    Bd not tried yet.
    Cd audio not playing nor ripping .

Thanks

5. Yves Jaume

Yves Jaume New Member

Did you receive any feedback on this?

6. Mirko87

Mirko87 New Member

after playing around for some time, my device got bricked and I reflashed stock software, then upgraded to the latest fw/sw.
    After that, "cd riping" app appeared, it works in .mp4 output format.
    Anyway for what I learned, I think zidoo must be used only as a player, while ripping must be done by computer.
    with external usb disc player, most of the dvd's and audio cd's are playing on zidoo correctly; bd's are not, probably because of the bd protection built-in with the bd drive