ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. vddan

vddan Active Member

Thank you for your answer, but I believe that with me, it is a little different, I have a completely black screen and nothing responds or a gray screen from light at the bottom to darker at the top and there only way of To stop is to press the 'stop' key and wait about 25s to find my interface ........

2. vddan

vddan Active Member

Thanks for your help,
    I put your settings and unfortunately nothing more !!
    My HDMI line being quite complex, I therefore connected the Z9X directly to the TV and the same gray screen and nothing happened ............ I suspected it a little since for several Months I spend in HDMi this way and everything was working fine !!
    Do you see anything else!

3. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

try a different HDMI cable directly between the Z9X and TV. you could even try with a older HDMI 1.4 cable and see if your grey/black screens continue or not..

reason for this suggestion, i had some intermittent issues with the HDMI cable supplied with Z9X. it caused my samsung plasma TV to keep flashing black frequently, and finally hang the TV (cannot off TV by remote, had to cut power). i swapped it with a known good old HDMI 1.4 cable, and it is all good for a week already.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

With the Z9X connected ONLY TO THE TV can you download the EDID and post it:

<Quick Settings/Other/About/Advanced Settings/System/Realtek Developer Options/Save EDID on USB Stick>

5. vddan

vddan Active Member

Thanks for your help,
    I tried two or three different cables and no more success .......... moreover for 2 months it worked very well with the same cable on the same installation!
    Besides on this installation I also have a HIMEDIA Q5 and a DUNE REALBOX 4K which works perfectly ........

6. vddan

vddan Active Member

I downloaded the edid, but what do i do with the three files, how did i publish it ??

7. vddan

vddan Active Member

Sorry for English it's French Google!

8. vddan

vddan Active Member

I opened but it doesn't look like much, I put it in quotes:
    Live "
    ÿÿÿÿÿÿ L-ù €f9x
    ¨3«PE¥'
    HH½ï€qOÀ €• ©À³ ÑÀè 0òpZ€°XŠ Pt V^ )P0 5 Pt ý xy<
    ü SAMSUNG
    ä\óSa !"]^_`b8 P>ÀM Wg~_~ƒ_ â OãÃn ÿÿ¸<( €gØ]Äx€ã
    ä o UP0 5 Pt S """

By the OPPO '
    ÿÿÿÿÿÿ > €f9x
    #¤TM™&GJ :€q8-@X,E Pt rQÐ n(U ÄŽ! ý U\
    ü OPPO203-RPT
    ‹ZsXa`]^_b !"8 P>ÀM Wg~_~ƒ_ n ÿÿ¸< €gØ]Äx€ä ã`a:€Ðr8-@,E€ºˆ! ü """""""""""""

9. Markswift2003

Your English is better than my French!!

The EDID file is the one called something like "edid0000.bin"

Rename it to "edid0000.txt" and attach to your post.

10. vddan

vddan Active Member

I arrive at the same result as above .... is it good?

11. Markswift2003

Can you upload the file:

upload_2020-10-23_12-8-47.png

12. vddan

vddan Active Member

Voilà !

Attached Files:

13. Markswift2003

Ok - testing now.

14. Markswift2003

Nothing wrong with that EDID at all - it's a standard Samsung 600MHz EDID so the TV should be happy with any output from the Zidoo.

Does this black screen happen on the GUI / Home Screen or is it just when you play a file?

15. vddan

vddan Active Member

Ok .......... not only when I read a file, everything else works!

16. Markswift2003

Where are the files played from - USB or Network?

17. vddan

vddan Active Member

Network, 2 NAS .....

18. vddan

vddan Active Member

FUTEKO asked me to send one to 'service@zidoo.tv', which I did!
    There should be a next firmware I think I would test and if it still didn't work I would get a refund for the device and frankly it would annoy me a lot because I love this player !!
    Thank you for your feedback and help ........

19. Markswift2003

I've had no issues like this at all and I'm testing on a Samsung TV with a similar EDID to yours, so we should be able to fix this.

Try copying one of the files that does not play onto a USB drive and see if you can play that through Media Center.

20. vddan

vddan Active Member

Thank you for your optimism !!!
    Well the problem is the reader which as soon as it is on for more than 5/10 minutes, the screen becomes black or gray when reading !!!
    I did the test on a USB key, I put a serial episode there and therefore turn on the reader which had not worked for 1 or 2 hours, so cold .......... au At first he reads to me what is on the USB key, I continue with a series on a NAS he reads it, I continue with a film he reads it and to the next film a new black / gray screen ........ .i'm trying to read the USB key again, like the black / gray screen .......... the reader had been running for 5/8 minutes ........... ???