ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. vaskorn

vaskorn New Member

Oh, my dear guru, doesn't matter where - you still here to help :), thanks again!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  2. Thank you so much, sorry but, I've only seen now ......

Ok, I can put the backups in the internal memory but, there is no way to add a special folder in the internal memory, a "Backup Poster" and another "Backup Library"?

So everything stays tidier and can be seen in the blink of an eye !!!!!!!!

Also because, if I only write "Storage: //", when I need a "restore" from backup, I would like to have a folder "where to point" to perform the "Restore" ..........

In any case, you are always ready to help everyone and this really does you honor .......... Thanks again, Andrea.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The backups are completely different - that image just shows the location of the posters etc. You can save backups wherever you want.

andreamusso.am likes this.
  4. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

According wikipedia are not rely same. Back to Android players is common problems to get corect play for PAL 4:3 and PAL 16:9 contend their are usually play both format as PAL 4:3.

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The reason is simple as DVD's often used black bars as part of the 4:3 image with an effective 16:9 picture inside. That would show up correctly on the 4:3 TV's of those days with options to crop (cutoff top/bottom) or stretch (deformation) which some still prefer today.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  6. Markswift2003

Sorry - yes, you're absolutely right, I was being a bit loose with language - anamorphic content is the most common example of a particular SAR requiring a different DAR - it's one of those things we used to have to take into account in production but not anymore. And anyone who's shot in 4:3 with an anamorphic lens will tell you that's a good thing :)

pcristi likes this.
  7. parlapipis

parlapipis New Member

Hello everybody , i am a new owner of zidooZ9x . i got one issue, when i turn off my zidoo my tv also turns off!!!! (sony xh95). Anybady with an idea?

8. RudoSK

RudoSK New Member

HDMI CEC off

9. parlapipis

parlapipis New Member

it's already turned off , thats the point...

10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Turn it on and next turn off all sub settings, last turn off again. Next reboot the box as this is actually an Android setting.
    If that does not help a HDMI-CEC blocker is last remedy.

parlapipis likes this.
  11. parlapipis

parlapipis New Member

thanks!! it seems it worked...

12. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

But will revert back you will find :(

13. Markswift2003

Always had CEC turned off and never had a problem with it.

14. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I’ve just plugged mine in and CEC has re-enabled itself - grrr

15. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

A nice feature to add would be the ability to add HDR Mapping function to one of the programmable hot keys
    ie watch one thing in Auto Mode...then on next item ,hit the button to set forced DV,and then 1 click back to auto mode after

16. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Oppo 203/205 and Clone have dedicated button for this, it can be useful depending on your display capabilities.

17. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Just use the mobile app for that.

18. vddan

vddan Active Member

Gentlemen 'beta testers',
    I again have the same problem that occurred with my first Z9X after about 1 1/2 months, however this time with the second brand new Z9X kindly exchanged by 'FUTEKO' barely 15 days ago ...... I find a black screen randomly and becoming more and more accentuated !!!
    Explanation: When switching on it lights up correctly, I read a file without any problem, on the other hand if I want to read a second file I have a black screen (some of the files: HD, 4K etc ...) and j No matter how many times you try yours!
    I turn off the player and turn it back on and try the same file again, sometimes it launches, sometimes black screen ............ and the more I try to read files the more I have Black screen !!
    I factory reset the device without improvement, I checked my settings, no problem they did not move, I tried several positions for the HDCP, nothing helped and I came back To HDCP 2.2!
    And all this has been happening since last night, without warning, having watched series in the afternoon, all exactly like the first device!
    The first one had been delivered to me, I believe with firmware 6.018, I then put the following betas up to 6.045G, thinking that my problem could come from the beta firmware, the second device was delivered to me with the Firmware 6.027 and I'm still with this one because at the beginning everything was perfect !!
    There, I do not know what to do, put the beta firmwares I do not think that it comes from there, I would rather believe in a defect of the 'internal reader' or the HDCP which cuts without that not appearing in the settings .. .......... in fact I don't know what to think anymore !!!
    Thanks in advance for your ideas before I refer the reader to 'FUTEKO' again, but I'm not sure I'll take another one unless a Z10 pro or a Z1000 pro is more reliable than the Z9X ?? ??

19. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I'm experiencing this very often too. After watching file 1, it refuses to playback file 2 or 3 etc. Very annoying. Indeed sometimes a reboot works, sometimes not. It is as if the auto-framerate feature "hangs". Also am I wondering if codec changes makes the player go refuse to play certain videos.
    Also, when you play a file, a screen pops up where you can choose to "continue" your video or "start over". Sometimes, when choosing to start over, it replies with a message that with this video can't perform the action. Weird.

I can imagine that Zidoo is very occupied with current DV issues, but they should get their act together on basic abilities that even +10-year-old mediaplayers don't suffer (anymore).

20. Markswift2003

I have no explanation why such issues would suddenly appear when all was fine before but let's try some troubleshooting by reducing bandwidth:

Set your box as per this post:

Recommended Settings for RTD1619 Players

But change the following:

Quick Settings/Display/Colour settings

4K 50~60Hz: Priority YUV420 8-bit
    4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV422 12-bit

This will restrict HDMI bandwidth to HDMI 1.4 levels of 8.9Gbps

Also, what is your full HDMI chain (TV, Amp, cables, splitters etc)