New firmware v6.0.45 Beta version for ZIDOO Z9X/Z10 Pro release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by pavlin67, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Joao Franco

Joao Franco Member

Guys we allways need to download the firmware to install by usb or can we install by web update?
    The web updates are working?

2. Goodmorning everyone.........
    I would like, if possible, if this update is recommended, compared to the previous one, that is 6.0.35 ....

Thanks in advance and good day to all of you, Andrea

3. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

For me not, I'm back to .35, because there is no audio because they removed the auto option under HDMI Audio. The downmix option is also broke in this firmware. (Atmos and DTS not downmix) Also the download subtitles function is broke at my side.
    Hope it is fixed with the upcoming FW update.

andreamusso.am likes this.
  4. RudoSK

RudoSK New Member

Hello,new version firmware date ?

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

<Auto> was removed due to issues with DTS-X and DTS-HD only outputting core when set to auto. For bitstream audio, just select RAW - no need for <Auto>.

6. H. S. Narula

H. S. Narula New Member

Hi. Does anybody know how to access openwrt on Z1000 Pro? Cant find that. No setting access in apps

I have a Z1000 pro and Z10, want to be able to access the hdd on Z1000 from my Z10 but can't seem to get that.

Also sometimes my other devices see the Z10 sometimes not. But Z1000 is invisible

And I haven't set any passwords for openwrt on Z10 but no password or root both don't work.

It's really getting frustrating.

Both my zidoos can access my NAS but not each other and my Oppo can't see either one

Thanks for any and all help

7. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hi, did you read Nice Monkeys thread before you bought your Zidoo?
    Openwrt is not supported on the new chipsets so it doesn’t work and never will.

8. Markswift2003

As @DaMacFunkin says openWRT is no longer supported but you should be able to access any discs plugged into the Z1000 Pro from the Z10 by enabling SMB on the Pro (Quick Settings\Network\Samba Server) which creates a share accessible on the LAN.

Actually - this throws up another issue in that the network name issued by the server is always ZD_SAMBA which will cause issue if two or more of these devices sit on the LAN.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  9. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Can you not change the server name in Advanced Settings?

10. Markswift2003

Unfortunately no - there's a "Device Name" which defaults to "Z9x" which can be changed, but the SMB name issued by the Samba Server can't be changed.

11. afss

afss Active Member

I hate to bother the forum with the question "any view on the next firmware version" but I just realized it has been 1 month since the last beta :)...

12. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Reply from Zidoo - the next FW maybe next week comes out

13. afss

afss Active Member

Thanks for the reply.