ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I am experimenting with ASS subtitles.
    Does anybody know if and how I can install additional fonts on this machine?

2. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Yes when I change HDR, HDR Mode always sets itself to 'Auto(3840x2160P 60Hz)'.

3. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Moved up to latest beta and no longer having black screen when I set VS10.

But like everyone else with an LG TV getting resync issues when playing 4K 23 Hz with VS10 engaged. No resyncs with DV LL but do see occasional pink flashes.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  4. vddan

vddan Active Member

My new Zidoo arrived yesterday with firmware 'V6.0.27 and it ran all day without any bug and so for the moment I stay with this firmware .............. we'll see Thereafter following the contributions!

5. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

Zidoo states Z9X Roon Ready, true but in Roon you cannot activate the device since it is not an oficially certified device yet -> nobrainer

Attached Files:

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Pink flashes are interesting - I could understand that in Standard DV but not LLDV because as far as the display is concerned, LLDV is handled the same as HDR10. Good there are no resyncs though...

8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Correction. Also getting resyncs in LLDV, Happens in GUI which is set to 3840x2160p 23Hz and when playing video files with same res. Resync is not as pronounced as with VS10 but its there. No issues with 1080p content.

9. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

I found a cheaper alternative (page in German) https://feintech.eu/hd-audio-ohne-hdmi-2-0 , around 70 € on Amazon . I ordered a splitter and I'm excited to see the results

10. Joao Franco

Joao Franco Member

But my problem is with HDR+ and this box don´t have it.
    With sound i´m ok

11. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Look at the comments on the page, the last one asks for HDR + and the manufacturer confirms it
    I have a 1 year old Denon X4500H and I don't want to buy a X4700H
    You can wait until I get the splitter and test it

12. Joao Franco

Joao Franco Member

Ok
    I wait.
    Tks bro

13. Joao Franco

Joao Franco Member

Received my Zidoo Z9X yesterday.
    My first impressions for now are the difference I noticed in the sound compared to Zappiti.
    The sound seems to have more life, more detail and deeper basses.
    The feeling I also have is that in the same volume of sound between one and the other equipment it seems that with Zidoo I gained another 5 db.
    As for the image for now, I didn't find it substantially better.
    Maybe need to improve settings at this point.
    But in any case it has an excellent image.
    I had very little time to try the box and only saw a few excerpts from movies in 4k.
    Home theater 4.0 was also a pleasant surprise although the scan of some (quite a few) films was not resolved right away. I had to do it manually but it is quite simple.
    I haven't walked back from the apps yet, but that also doesn't take away my sleep because the box will be almost entirely to watch movies through external disks.

Now there is something that is puzzling me.
    When I turn the box off or on using the remote, the television switches off.
    Any way this doesn't happen?
    Probably some setting that has to be turned off in the options.

14. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

its a common issue etc mine does the same even though all cec is off and my monitor does not have any cec functions
    Try enabling and disabling cec and see if resolves .
    But mine came back again odd .

15. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

My set up is as follows.: Zidoo Z1000pro connected via hdmi cable to Marantz Receiver hdmi cable to LG Oled TV.

Use a Logitech Elite remote to control my entire HT setup.

If I set up the startup sequence as TV / Mediaplayer / Receiver, the TV Switches on the Mediaplayer switches on but the Receiver
    does not switch on but remains in standby mode and I'm able to view a film. (this should not be possible since my receiver is set up
    to only passthru my Setup box in standby mode, when I'm not using Receiver / Subwoofer and 7.1 speakers.

If i change the start up to TV / Receiver / Zidoo - all three units start and it works like it should.

On my TV / Marantz and Zidoo all CEC settings are switched off completely.

Did a test and switched off the z1000pro whilts TV and receiver were switched on, but in my case only the Zidoo switches off, so eventhough
    I do not have the exact same problem as the above users the sequence of switching on the units is quite relevant and what is happening
    in my case should not occur when all cec are switched off.

16. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks @Polypenko - very hlepful. I too use the Harmony Elite, best thing I've ever purchased, but have had difficulty intergrating the Zidoo to work along with my other equipment (Yamaha AVR & Samsung TV). My main issue is that I have an Egreat A11 Media Player also and the Zidoo Remote controls that too!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  17. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

Rozel do I understand correctly that certain commands of your Egreat remote are equal to same commands of the Zidoo, than indeed I believe there is
    nothing you can do.
    I agree that the Elite was also my best buy, had almost all previous models but the Elite is my best remote controller to date.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  18. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yes I'm told that similar "types" of devices can use the same IR commands and this applies to Media Players unfortunately. Following advice I'm currently experimenting with using one of the 2 mini-blasters, dedicated for sole use of the Zidoo but my equipment spans a good width and the othe mini-blaster doesn't quite reach all the rest of my equipment. For some reason I've never had any issues with CEC settings, so right now I cannot throw any light on your issue.

19. Oldirtydog

Oldirtydog Member

Same problem with me :) truehd with DV not playing always...why do you change the hdmi cables?

20. Oldirtydog

Oldirtydog Member

Only on the Venom DVmkv sound is not work at first,but when a change to other and then change one again to truehd atmos is ok,
    Spiderman DV,ghost in the shell DV,hobbs and shaw DV are ok with Atmos truehd.But my problem is LG C9 :D

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020