ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i got mine a few days back
    looking at how many said they went back to the 035 ,from the new 045,i just went from 028 as it arrived to 035

all my normal tv/movies are looking good and better i think than on my z9s
    now just stable Dv MEL FEL playback to come

2. vddan

vddan Active Member

Thank you for a first response ............... to be continued!

3. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Very nice to read that FUTEKO has good customer service. And they are on these forums too.

4. vddan

vddan Active Member

5. RudoSK

RudoSK New Member

New firmware date ?

6. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@mirror, based on all the likes this idea had received I think we should turn it into request :)

The idea of ignoring EDID tags from HDMI port and reading it from the file!

We would save EDID into the file using Zidoo when thing are running good and force this file on boot every time. More information how this is done on Raspberry Pi / Kodi is here and here.
    It needs "hdmi_edid_file=1" line in config.txt file. EDID file hast to be in root directory to work.

Maybe this concept is already working with Zidoo. Standard Linux config.txt file. Any volunteers to try it first? ;)

7. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

I have green screen only with v.6.0.35

8. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

how did you guys brick your z9x ?? (just curious)
    still on .35 myself

9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I was on latest beta and having issues with setting my LG CX to VS10. I would get black screen and needed help for @Markswift2003 to recover. I decided to revert back to earlier firmware using emergency flash routine (which I have done done several times on my previous Z9S) but it failed halfway through rendering the box unusable. I could not install anything via USB,

10. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

Central Europe version, but, exactly. I'm still downright fascinated every time how impressive and immersive 3D is especially on this TV. I'd drop 4K or HDR anytime if I had to choose.

3DBuff likes this.
  11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I know it's slightly off topic here but fully agree, no 4K HDR can come close to this TV with immersive 3D. I like to push frame interpolation (TruMotion) on 3D to "Clear". It's like being there. No flicker and continuous 3D motion. Lights out and you can't tell where the screen ends ;)

12. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

Never tried "Clear", usually I disable everything, filmmaker mode so to speak. I came from the HiMedia Q5 Pro which had a micro stutter issue with Blu-ray 3Ds, but the Z9S was flawless. I 'm sure Zidoo can fix it with the Z9X.

13. tomh

tomh New Member

Hi All. New user here, just received by Z9X, and to be honest very disappointed. Hopefully it's all because of old firmware. I will check again after updating. But so far here are my issues:
    • I put in my WiFi password, it accepts it, and allocates me an IP, so I assume I'm connected. Update says nothing is available (rather than an error) so I assume I'm on the network. But I try to start Chrome. All I get is some message about an error. So I decided to uninstall and reinstall it. Woops can't do that. No way to reinstall anything except some old primitive way of copying to a portable disk. So I try Youtube. This gives an unexpected error also. Hmm, two network based apps, both not working? So maybe I'm not connected to the network? Why nothing telling me this?
    • Default setting is to pull time and date from the network. But date is off by 2 1/2 years and so is time. Makes me think I'm not on the network, but still why no error anywhere saying this? I try to find Melbourne and set as my location, but it can't find Melbourne!! WTF?
    • I have a portable Samsung T5 USB3 drive. So I pug it in to the USB3 ports. It doesn't recognise it. Mess around for 10 minutes. Searching for solutions online, power cycling ... Pull hair out. Last attempt, I plug it in to a USB2 port and it works! Really? A USB3 port can't handle a USB3 drive, but a USB2 can?
    • I play a 1080p MKV. Try out fast forward. 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x. All fast forward at the same slow rate. Why? Don't tell me it's because of USB2. My WDTV from 10 years ago can manage 16x fast forward.
    • Remote is horrible. You have to press too hard on the buttons. Never used one so bad.
    I'd return this if I hadn't brought it by mail from another country.

14. Lamwkfs

Lamwkfs New Member

Hi Tomh,
    I have the same issue as you for time and date issue. I think may of us have this issue too. Pending Mirror / Zidoo Dev team for a fix.
    The workaround is to manually set the date and time. This is frustating, as everytime you boot up Zidoo, you need to manually set the date time.

Anyway, I hope Mirror / Zidoo Dev team take this issue seriously and fix it. Thanks

Rgds

15. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hi in regards to the date and time, go into adavaced options, turn off auto update and set date time and zone manually exit, now Re-enable network time and go to home screen, chrome should work fine now.
    In regards to updates, you won’t find any over the air, download from these forums to usb, if indeed a newer version is available than the version you have.

16. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Hi there, the first time you have to set the time manually, but after that it should keep & sync the time, at least that happens here. For all your USB issues, i suggest you should load ( manual, over USB ) the latest beta .45 http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9X/v6.0.45/Z9X_P_v6.0.45_G_202009252103_ota-package.zip

17. Lamwkfs

Lamwkfs New Member

Hi DaMacFunkin,

Thanks for your reply. In fact, I have already tried your method many times for the date time issue.
    Once you powered off the set and power up again, the Date Time issue happened again, back to 2018, 8am.

Rgds

18. vddan

vddan Active Member

Attention the 045 is quite buggy, I would rather put the 035 !!

19. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Have you tried a completely different time zone to see if it syncs with that - it may be an issue with the NTP servers it's trying to contact for your region...

20. Lamwkfs

Lamwkfs New Member

Yes, tried different time zone. Date is set back to 1 Jan 2018 and time depend on what region I selected. Date Time still wrong. Thanks