ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

A wise move - I think these devices are more fragile than previous ones - they seem to brick a lot easier!!

2. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

3. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Damn... I'm sorry to hear that.

Maybe something wrong with the image. Did you compare hashcheck numbers? I also always do a hashcheck on the copied file on the USB stick.
    Another thing: did you try the emergency flash from both a USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 port?

Edit: I assume you mean your Z9X?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  4. Joao Franco

Joao Franco Member

Ok
    It´s expensive.
    I think i´m gonna sell my receiver Denon X3600 and buy the X3700.

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  5. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

We answer all email. The problem being that we hadn't received any email from you.

This has now been resolved by you using the messaging function on our forum.

6. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Hey, I didn't know that futeko was here on the forums also.
    I like that. I purchased my Z9X there.

7. vddan

vddan Active Member

Correct and thank you the package will leave today!

8. Marat1980

Marat1980 New Member

Good luck with your purchase, x3700 is on the back order everywhere, I'm waiting for my 3700 for a month now, and it is still has not been recieved by the seller.

9. Joao Franco

Joao Franco Member

Yup
    In Portugal stock off for now

10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

No, not the same. "scrcpy" is complete Zidoo remote access screen on PC in Window. I can check and make all adjustments right from PC away from Zidoo location. Don't need to sit in front of the TV with laptop.

Trailers in HT are working and so is ZDMC app in "scrcpy" window. Web interface to HT is limited to name and poster fixing. Using scrcpy I can move files and test it on the same PC screen. Very convenient.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I returned mine today back to Futeko for a replacement as the emergency flash would not work. I did the emergency flash a few times without issue on my old Z9S. I will be really hesitant to do this again as the Z9X does seem a little fragile.

12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Same here! @Markswift2003 loves that sort of stuff but it's way too complicated for me. Also would void any warranty!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Very true. Came back to me very quickly about my dead Z9X! Thanks.

14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i cant remember which forum i saw it in yesterday re the LG DV issues ..possibly makemkvs one

it was all about testing the various frequency settings sent
    think a lot use like 580 mhz signal ,where as the LGs use 280 odd mhz on the newer models and a different one on older ones
    this is just paraphrasing it all brain fogs fun :p
    someone may know more about it Mark maybe?

15. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Mmmm that would be strange, also why is only Zidoo doing this, everything else in the Market works fine.
    P.s. would love a link to that discussion if you find it, just had a look at Makemkv and can’t see it, thank you.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  16. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yeah it'd be interesting to see that post too. All the LG EDIDs I've looked at support full 594MHz signals (18Gbps).

4K60 DV signals are 594MHz and 2K23 DV are 297MHz (assuming 12-bit 422) so the issue is at the lower frequency, hence lower bandwidth.

17. vddan

vddan Active Member

To come back to my email problem with FUTEKO, I noticed that on one of the mailboxes, my emails had been returned to me. So I went to the other mailbox and there, FUTEKO was very responsive and I thank him; My device left by CHRONOPOST yesterday ..........
    Hoping that it will not be too long, because despite other readers at home I already miss ZIDOO!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  18. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Marks got what i was talking about

and to add to that only the later LG DV tvs did the 4k60 594MHZ
    LG tvs before a certain date only did DV at the lower 297mhz, according to info i read earlier.......think cutoff was LG tvs before 2018 or 2017

Anyways i was just wondering if this could be part of why LG OLEDs were having the issues,but other brands like Panasonic wernt

spent an hour earlier trying to find the actual post with no luck ..it was deep in makemkv somewhere,or off on youyos(spelling)posts re ffmpeg fel mel conversions

19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I agree on both counts - Futeko have bene really responsive and I miss my Z9Z - even with its issues! Thankfully I also have a Shield TV and an Apple TV so I'm not dead in the water.

20. vddan

vddan Active Member

Me even better I have a HIMEDIA Q5; A 4K APTV; A DUNE REALBOX 4K ................. and it is the Z9X that I prefer for the image quality and its cover software !! ;)