ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's not up to Zidoo - the SOC only supports 1 TX & 1 RX HDMI.

2. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I've also tried the same and had many attempts. The resultant file starts fine but after a few minutes the video starts to stutter. I have an LG CX.

3. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Genius! The app allows you to update quick setting directly from the app - nice one.

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Mark - I've sent you a PM as had issue with emergency flash. Thanks

5. Oldirtydog

Oldirtydog Member

Only think to do is waiting a official firmware and fix all this error ,bugs and everything.On HDR content or force 1080p with LLDV i have no problem only with this problematic MKV Vision movies :)

6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I think my Z9S may be bricked! Due to issues with VS10 I decided to do an emergency flash and then re install latest beta

I followed the instructions here

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zidoo-z9x.80006/page-34#post-133129

It started OK with the flash. However during install it failed with a message saying something like 'install failed please reboot'. As the remote was unresponsive I had no choice but to power off at the back.

Now when I turn it on with the boxes power button I just get the red standby light.

If I try the emergency flash again all I get is the front panel shows the message 'UP..' with the red standby light. Nothing happens no matter how long I sit there with a pin in the reset hole!

I've done this before with the Z9S without issue.

Is there a way to recover the box?

vddan likes this.
  7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

This is brilliant!! I was looking for something like this to get remote screen from Zidoo on my PC. It works on my old X9S :)
    Now I can fix posters and trailers on my computer not in front of the TV.

Great app! I needed to enable USB debugging under Advanced Settings > System > Developer Options in order for adb to connect to Zidoo on my old X9S. Now I have full Zidoo screen including HT 4 and ZDMC right on my PC :)

8. Markswift2003

Just replying...

9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Anybody knows keyboard keys for remote buttons Menu, Home, Open Apps list while in "scrcpy" remote screen?

10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Found the keys for remote screen using "scrcpy". Table at the end https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy

Home = Alt + h
    Menu = Alt + m
    Back = Esc or Alt + b
    App_Switch = Alt + s

11. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

HDMI can be split. I would have bought a more expensive Zidoo model if it had HDMI audio

12. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

You can access HT via the browser, from PC or Smartphone, over the IP address of the box and port 9528 (for example 192.168.0.20:9528), with remote control function and much more.

13. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

You could buy a vertex..

14. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hi, I know you are forcing 60fps second on your CX to get DV playback but the locking up after about 10 mins I think is part of the bigger LG bug with DV.
    From what I have seen on a debug log the LG is receiving something it doesn’t like or understand, rather than ignore it, it then loops back to the Zidoo.
    The Zidoo starts to get confused, in 23.976 mode it resets the handshake causing the black screens.
    Some people (myself included) report that if you open the info screen and exit during DV playback, the info screen randomly pops up and the only way to stop it is to exit the movie.
    I suspect that in DV 60fps mode that the something is coming back from the LG that Zidoo doesn’t know what to do with, eventually this builds up in the cache and slows down the system.
    This is of course all just layman’s terms, I will try and recreate the 60fps bug at the weekend and see pass the log on.
    My own thoughts is it may be as easy as <if dont understand rx then discard and continue to tx> LOL

15. vddan

vddan Active Member

I am with exactly the same problem, if you have an answer to this problem thank you in advance for letting me know ............. otherwise I would have to send it back !!
    Mine also failed and therefore does not light up at all!

16. Markswift2003

If it can't be recovered by the emergency flash procedure:

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/support_guide/guide_target/x0Yfq[ld]QEAzbeq7k9e[ld]3ulg==.html

Then the only way back is to connect/solder a UART to the motherboard (connecting only TX-RX, RX-TX, Gnd-Gnd)

https://tinyurl.com/ttlConverter

and access with a terminal emulator from a PC, for example PuTTY. This allows you to connect to U-Boot and use the internal rescue system. It depends on how much damage has been done to the internal eProm as to how you proceed (see attached PDF).

When mine originally bricked I had extensive help from another forum member rewriting the boot table but since then I've been able to replicate and bricked my test device on purpose a few times and managed to restore using a recovery image directly from U-Boot using Option 1 on page 13 of the attached PDF.

If none of the above makes sense, I'm afraid you'll have to return it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    pcristi likes this.
  17. Markswift2003

You could buy a Vertex.. ;)

18. Joao Franco

Joao Franco Member

vertex?
    What is it?

19. vddan

vddan Active Member

Thank you but after having read all the PDF, my skills do not allow me this kind of thing .............. the device will return to FUTEKO if it wants to answer my emails !! !!
    Thanks again Markswift

blenky and Markswift2003 like this.
  20. Markswift2003