ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. vince48

vince48 New Member

need it to see on my network and the only way is to have Samba Server

2. Ralph Galli

Ralph Galli New Member

It worked! I am right in the middle of downloading and the screen says "update file successfully". Am I supposed to wait for the next instruction?
    And when will I know when it is installed sucessfully?

3. Ralph Galli

Ralph Galli New Member

The screen has several messages on it right now " checking update files exist" and "checking the package" and "verifying failed please check your package".

4. Oldirtydog

Oldirtydog Member

After 6.0.45 update when i play a DV mkv movies(Alita,Ready player one and Venom) its everything ok,but when i switch to frame rate and resolution to auto the movies begin to flops on and every 3,4 seconds turn on the dolby vision logos...Now i thinking to set off setting frame rate and resolution.My tv is LG C9.

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  5. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hi, this is a bug with this player and LG C9, the Zidoo looses synch when it outputs 4k 23.976 in DV, VS10 or LLDV.
    I have a dedicated thread about it, can you confirm your problem in that thread please and hopefully they will finally do something about it, thank you.

6. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Watched a movie last night without a single freeze. Was lovely.:) #IPv6 fix.

7. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

What you think is normal has to happen before sales start.

If I knew I was paying € 209 to be a beta tester, I might not have bought the device until 2021.
    As it develops with troubleshooting, the beta phase will probably not end until 2021.
    I have to put another player next to the Z9X because the Zidoo often can't play normal videos, that's ridiculous.

8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Probably not the player for you then eh?

9. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Yes, I still have X8 and it plays everything without any problems. I'm very happy with the HT and image quality, but I don't want to be a beta tester ...

10. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

11. Markswift2003

12. Markswift2003

My sincere advice is to hang on for a while - honestly, this is a great little box with loads of potential - yes there are a few issues to iron out, but the devs are working hard at it - in fact, bearing in mind it's now Sunday evening in Shenzhen, they're at it right now with a nasty nugget I threw at them before the weekend.

There's a lot goes on behind the scenes as I keep saying, so keep the faith.

13. Hello, sorry but I had not seen your post with which you answered me ... Thank you very much .....

14. Hello, sorry but I had not seen your post with which you answered me ... Thank you very much .....

15. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Just to be sure, I do understand that this was a full disc rip and not a movie only, right?

I ripped the same BD to full disc 3D ISO and it did NOT play whatsoever. With FW 6.0.35 mind you.

I also ran some quick tests with "upgraded" FW 6.0.45.

Things are worse? The remuxed 3D ISO of "Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice" will not play anymore with this latest firmware. The 3D ISO issues definitely have still to be addressed properly, and I think it's wiser to wait for a fix, rather than testing further.

Also, the conversion from 4K DV/HDR down to HD SDR is not the same. It's more vague. And I can't get it right with whatever settings I try. Now, this bugs me because this player did a great job with this on earlier FW and I was keen on buying a second unit for my bedroom (where the Panny plasma is). Hope they will fix this again.

Thereby, I encountered a new issue in the color of SUPs. They sometimes turn blue? Both in 4K as in HD. Strange.

Further testing with 6.0.45 (for a HD screen, that is) seems useless. Downward compatibility issues rise, instead of being solved. Just have to be patient and wait...

16. Little info .....
    I have read, I don't remember in what discussion that for now the upscaling part is missing ...
    Let me explain: having a TV with really good electronics (Sony with 4K HDR X1 Extreme processor mounted), the upscalig, is something I would like the TV to do (tests already carried out with the Z9s), I read wrong me, or is this possibility not for now?
    As always, thanks in advance and happy Sunday.

17. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Did you try setting Framerate mode to "Framerate and resolution? If I'm not mistaken the player will then output both source's framerate and resolution.

I can imagine this would not work for PAL or NTSC video. Maybe also for cropped video. There are anamorphic video issues that still need addressing.

Of course you could also set the HDMI output mode to the source's resolution, but I doubt you want to do that every time manually...

18. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

andreamusso.am likes this.
  19. Tomasek

Tomasek New Member

Did anyone find the manual? Please

20. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Exploring some more features of this player, I came across the extra functions you can add to the color keys.
    I added "Screenshot". And turning on Samba, you can access the screenshot PNG's via LAN.

Nice touch. Maybe they had a crystal ball and added it for a forum's convenience? ;)
    Anyways, can be handy.

blenky and thaworn R like this.