ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Your file is even stranger - if you change the Default Duration in the header to 4170833 nanoseconds (23.976fps) then the descriptors swap over so it shows "Frame Rate" as 25fps and "Original Framerate" as 23.976fps which is completely mad. And it still plays at 23.976.

Don't think this is a Zidoo issue :confused:

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  2. Markswift2003

I've been told the next few days - the IPv6 issue has been fixed and will be in the next update.

xskip likes this.
  3. Markswift2003

If you mean "Mapping HDR", then yes, LLDV content will be converted to HDR10.

andreamusso.am likes this.
  4. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Any chance of an advance so I can check it with my Lgc9?
    I have ipv6 disabled in my router.

5. Markswift2003

Sorry no - I get the firmware pushed to the MAC address of test boxes so no file exchanges hands!

I just got another update today so I reckon it won't be long before a public release.

blenky likes this.
  6. vince48

vince48 New Member

Greetings and Happy Friday

I just received my Z9X yesterday and have been trying to get up to speed. I have read most of the forum post , but I still have a few questions. The Z9X came with the latest FW but,

1. My wireless SSID is not broadcast and my Z9X will not allow me to enter a network manually. Is there a way to do this?

2. I have two USB 3.0 drives connected to my Z9X, but i can't write to them nor see them on my network. Is there a work around?

I'm sure I will have more questions later, thank you in advance for your helpful replies. So far I'm liking the Z9X.

7. Markswift2003

Yes - go to <Settings/Other/About/Advanced Settings/Network & Internet/WiFi> and "Add Network"

To access the USB drives you need to turn on the SMB server in <Settings/Network/Samba Server>

8. vince48

vince48 New Member

Much thanks Sir!! Happy Friday

Markswift2003 likes this.
  9. Markswift2003

Very welcome!

10. vince48

vince48 New Member

Hi Markswift2003
    ok, i got my network manualy entered noe, but I cannot see "samba server" in Settings/Network/, all i see are wifi, ethernet, bluetooth and DLNA DMR. Iam i looking inthe right place? my FW is 6.0.27

11. Mefistofel

Mefistofel New Member

Good day. I have tv hisense h50b7300, avr sony str-dh590 and zidoo z9x. If i connect z9x to tv, all work good. If i connect z9x across str-dh590 the sound starts to stutter and the image disappears, the signal disappears. tell me how to solve this problem. will it be fixed in updates?

12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Samba server is in the latest firmware. The '_G' version has google apps.

6.0.35_G
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9X/v6.0.35/Z9X_P_v6.0.35_G_202009031800_ota-package.zip

alternate site
    https://onedrive.live.com/download?cid=E0EA6DBECA4DEC92&resid=E0EA6DBECA4DEC92!2263&authkey=ADiX7plj1XPf-UQ

http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9X/v6.0.35/Z9X_P_v6.0.35_202009031713_ota-package.zip

alternate site
    https://onedrive.live.com/download?cid=E0EA6DBECA4DEC92&resid=E0EA6DBECA4DEC92!2257&authkey=AOhM83PYqzts0po

13. vince48

vince48 New Member

thank you. any specail instructions to update? I download the 6.0.35_G and extracted to a USB stick, put that in the Z9X went to the folder that has the files, but I see a two folders META-INF and system, but if it pick either folder, nothing happens.
    Sorry to be a pain?

14. vince48

vince48 New Member

Never mind my good friend, figured it out, Thank you

blenky likes this.
  15. Markswift2003

Just for future reference, don't extract the zip file, just copy as is to a USB stick.

16. vince48

vince48 New Member

Thank you very much for your help today, I accomplished both goals today with your help. I also like to give a shout out to Sledgehamma for his help with my decision to get the Z9X. I came from AT4K and a Shield Pro, I'm really liking the Zidoo. Great weekend to ya

Markswift2003 likes this.
  17. Markswift2003

It's possible that the Zidoo is outputting at too high bandwidth.

Try setting

Display/Color Settings/4K 50~60Hz: Priority YUV420 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV444 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/Non-4K: Priority YUV444 8BIT

18. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

id try the HDMI cables first
    your amp says its rated for 12 it 444 dolby vision pass thru etc ,so unless the enhanced hasnt been set in amp hdmi settings or similar , its more likly to be an older or cheaper Hdmi cable which cannot handle the bandwidth

Video Features
    HDR (HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE)
    Yes (HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision™ Compatible)
    AUDIO RETURN CHANNEL
    Yes
    HDMI® PASS THROUGH
    Yes
    3D OVER HDMI
    Yes
    4K 60P 4:4:4 SUPPORT
    Yes
    A/V SYNC
    Yes (Fixed)
    BRAVIA® SYNC™ (CEC CONTROL)
    Yes

ie i was getting audio stutter only at 12 bit 444 files

just brought a certified 8k Hdmi cable so max bandwidth and ALSO tried a different hdmi port on amp
    one of those 2 things has fixed the issue

wanted it sorted b4 my Z9X arrives :) and so didnt want it to be the amp at issue ...sony str-dh1080

also noticed on your amp settings above a/v sync fixed ..have you checked for latest firmware for Amp
    i know my sony got an earc update recently

19. RudoSK

RudoSK New Member

Yes,this is latest version firmware.

20. Thank you so much .........

RudoSK likes this.