Zidoo UHD3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Hey the RTD1619DR upgrade seems not to be called UHD2000 Pro but UHD3000 instead. ;)
    It basically seems to be an upgrade with the new RTD1619DR SOC and and also the new ES9068 DAC for the HiFi panel. It also is reported to have an USB2 Slave port for external access.
    Included are 32 Gbyte flash and also 4 Gbyte RAM like UHD2000 most likely.

I hope they also improve the airflow/heat/noise when using it with a HDD for music playback?
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...ng-the-uhd2000-compared-to-z9s-usb-dac.78722/
    There are to be found a few other minor suggestions for improvements too.

More details to come soon from Zidoo.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    Sampinto89 and gymnos like this.
  2. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

:D

The same as UHD2000, no?

3. Davicom

Davicom Member

Does it works also as pre-amp or just DAC?

4. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

I just ordered the Z9x. Great.

5. Nice Monkey

Yes only DAC, but what a DAC with embedded MQA decoding that is. :p
    Oeps, I am not sure I am allowed to say that?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  6. Random_Vibration

Sigh of relief. If it supports MQA, I definately don't want it. MQA devices are priced through the roof and I don't see any value in paying for that functionality I'll never use. No fear of missing out.

7. Nice Monkey

Interesting view: Only some will want HDR10+ others DV or VS10 processing etc. Implementing full functional MQA is not easy unless done completely by merged DAC functionality. Amongst others DAC filters are then adjusted dynamically with MQA sources. :p

I would wait for a price first! I expect this unit with the MQA capable SABRE ESS ES8068 DAC to be priced inline with all Zidoo models upgrades thus far. ;)

The growing Music Streaming services is definitely a target market with the new Zidoo HiFi models. Also Neo X using thatAKM4497 DAC includes MQA capabilities targeting that market. :D

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  8. Random_Vibration

I'm good, thanks. MQA doesn't offer any real advantages over DSD and the purpose of a Zidoo for me is not streaming but playing my local audio and video libraries. I have better, more capable streaming options available than a Zidoo. Zidoo hasn't made a device yet without significant streaming limitations. I can let this one pass by.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  9. gymnos

gymnos Member

What about gapless playback and DSD multichannel audio?

10. Nice Monkey

Asked them some questions too but details will be provided by Zidoo officially when announced.

1) Gapless playback was promised here on the forum by Zidoo for HiFi players so that is to be expected.
    2) DSD multichannel DSD=>PCM is announced by the competition using the same RTD1619 SOC so it can be done. My own estimates on CPU power also indicate that it could be feasible. Doing it on MCH DSF/DFF files should even be possible on older models too (with DFF not being DST compressed).

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    gymnos likes this.