Z1000 PRO

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@Mabon;
    You tried a freshly formatted EXT4 (EXT3 will work but is old and less robust) in the player?
    Tried EXT4 a long time ago and that worked just fine for me.

Moving a used running NTFS HDD from a PC to an Android player also hardly ever works. You need to start clean and using a single partition. ;)

virojsin likes this.
  2. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

Not me! I was just posting the booklet image for @CGI.

I just took my NTFS disk out of my old box and stuck it in the new Zidoo box. No problems, worked perfectly :).

3. skelton

skelton Member

I am planning on using a WD RED 12 or 14tb hdd disk in this player but not sure if i should get the 7200rpm vs the 5400rpm? What will i benefit from selecting the faster 7200 variant?

4. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

It's speed and acces versus durability. The slower will probably last longer.

Mabon and skelton like this.
  5. Nice Monkey

No advantage with a media player at all. It is just producing more heat and noise.

Mabon and skelton like this.
  6. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

On a media player yes pc use it can have it's advantages:)

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hi guys - ready to get going again with my new Z1000 Pro - which has had to take 2nd place to my recovery from heart surgery.

Please can someone point me to the latest firmwares for this specific model and tell me, if they are Beta, if they are worth installing? Currently I have the non-G 22 firmware which was installed OTA. Are we expecting an Official Release for this model?

Thanks

Mabon likes this.
  8. Nice Monkey

All the best wishes for your recovery. Health is a lot more important than anything else

All Beta's but the most recent FW 6.0.35 is the best for sure. Go for that one!

Mabon likes this.
  9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks I'll do that - do we know if there's others on the way?

10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Right then - I've managed to have a play around with my Z1000 Pro and have to say I'm delighted with it so far. PQ is superb, particularly as I'm playing via my other media player, an Egreat A11's internal HDD - not had a single crash and the response from the Bluetooth Remote is instant! I've updated to the Beta G 35 firmware but I do have a few questions though and hope some Z1000 Pro owner or tester can help me out please: -
    1. Harmony (Elite) Remote/Hub: - Noticed that the supplied Bluetooth Remote interferes with my other media player - an Egreat A11. Contrary to what I've read on here and other forums and having update my Harmony, there doesn't appear to have anything in it's database relating to Zidoo harware. So have those folks who have had success here, added their Zidoo products "manually". I'm keen to set up an "Activity" for my Zidoo and would like pointing in the right direction so that anything I do, doesn't mess with my A11
    2. At the moment I rather like the player's "File Manager" to find my titles, rather than the Poster Wall. I'd like to set up shortcuts for the location folder(s) - is there a way to do this please?
    3. Is there a specific folder into which to drop my titles? At the moment I have all my titles on my A11 and want to "cut and paste" them into the Zidoo within a new "internal" 10tb HDD. I've done one title already and dropped it into the "Movies" folder - a default one, but not tried playing it yet. So if this is correct, then this will be my location folder for all my titles. So am I right persuing this course of action?
    4. The slight stutter has disappeared now since amending a setting from "off" to "Frame Rate + Resolution" - I think this is the FrameRate Switch. What exactly is this switch and how does (if it does) relate to the "Resolution Button" on the Remote?
    That's about it for now - thanks in advance

11. snapo6

snapo6 Member

I've an Elite with Zidoo Z1000 (without pro) as device

12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Nice one thanks but I'm only half way there with question 1. Missing out the "Pro" from the name, I have now successfully added a "Zidoo Z1000", just what the issues this will cause will only be apparent with use. However switching on or off my Z1000 Pro, using the installed Device in my Harmony, also switches on or off my Egreat A11. So until I can sort this "power" issue out, it is no use to me. Does anyone know if you can adjust the power settings in Harmony to avoid this conflict?

13. I suppose that this is not Logithech issue, because most manufacturers use the same IR codes for similar devices.

14. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Probably not but I'm trying to reach out to other Zidoo owners in the hope they've found a solution.

Also guys, any chance on my other questions please?

15. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

@rozel
    Zidoo and Egreat use some IR code(VENUS) comes more then 10 years ago on Realtek RTD 1073 players.
    On Egreat A11 try edit(remove) /system/etc/key.xml <key value="0xb24d4040" name="KEY_POWER" /> and then see if helps.

16. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks - what does that do exactly?

17. kenneth2281

kenneth2281 New Member

ZDMC has better trailer support than H.T 4.0 has. It downloads from youtube can that not be made in H.T 4.0 many off my movies says no trailer found

18. snapo6

snapo6 Member

What if you use the remote through BT?

19. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Same lol

20. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Other than some unfinished remarks regarding question 1. I am sad that nobody has answered my other questions - hoping someone can assist please