New firmware v2.3.35 version for ZIDOO Z9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by pavlin67, Sep 9, 2020.

1. singuser

singuser New Member

Even scanning local data does not work for me!

2. karipu

karipu Member

Music Player 6: if I try to update my music folder, the app crashes right away.

Edit: I removed the hole folder and started from the beginning, But alas, the Music Player 6 crashes right away when it starts scanning.

We need a new, fixed version asap!

Marfunk and Osmar like this.
  3. singuser

singuser New Member

Yup, I have the exact same problem. As you say, we need a new fixed version asap. Zidoo, are you listening?

Osmar likes this.
  4. I also put myself in line, the application of music has always been placed in the second part, al, and without seeing the results ........

Osmar likes this.
  5. venci

venci New Member

I can add that at Picture manager when you switch to slideshow function - crashes, blocks, etc.

Osmar likes this.
  6. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Since we are here on the Music Player subject. Do you guys get breaks between audio music track files? I have mp3 files that are part of the same album. The music is continuous on CD. Some MP3 players can play those tracks continuously gapless.
    Zidoo is opposite. Not only it gives long pause between next track but it also skips about a second of the next track before music starts to play again.

Is there a solution to it?

Osmar likes this.
  7. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

@3DBuff ask @Nice Monkey , as far as I know from him, only the super duper mega Zidoo model will get Gapless playback. I still prefer Poweramp as music app for Android.

andreamusso.am likes this.
  8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I think ZDMC / Kodi has gapless playback as well. I was just so happy that finally I can use Zidoo out of my phone without turning on the TV to browse and play my music. Zidoo Controller app finally allows me to browse folders. And then I heard that sound beak and skip into next track. It ruined it for me :(

Osmar likes this.
  9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

As mentioned Gapless Playback seems to be reserved for HiFi models like UHD2000 and Neo X.
    But ZDMC or VLC can do the job if you like. There is also the workaround using XRECODE3 making an album a single file with a CUE sheet.
    The fraction of a second missing at the beginning is caused by restarting the PCM stream with each file which most AMP's need some time to adjust to.
    I hope ZIDOO will fix that one at least (keep PCM stream going with idles between titles).

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    3DBuff likes this.
  10. Sorry guys, which version of PowerAmp should I download for the Z9s?
    the Arm, the Arm64, the x86 one ....

Thank you so much in advance and in any case .........

11. venci

venci New Member

Blocks when I try to add music to a slideshow, otherwise it works fine.

12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

x86 would be PC with Intel like CPU. Arm64 is Linux / Android CPU and Zidoo is using this type.

andreamusso.am likes this.
  13. singuser

singuser New Member

Cezary has figured out a workaround in the 1296 forum. MP 6.0 scraper works only when you set "only use local info" in scraper setting.

14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@mirror, what is going on with this Gapless playback on our Zidoo players? Why would you put so much effort in developing Music Player and Controller App if you cut one of the basic function out of it? This is not a free app type of deal with test and pay later for full features. We paid for Zidoo premium price and expect it to function according to industry standard and gapless playback is one of those features.

The controller app on the phone makes sense only if you don't need to turn the TV or PJ on. Why would anybody use phone with small screen to browse movies or music sitting in front of big screen TV or PJ? The idea of Controller app would be that you can browse music and check on lyrics from the phone while the music plays out of the big amp. without turning on the TV. I hope you have a serious chat with the top executive team at Zidoo and get it corrected. We need gapless playback on all Zidoo devices in order to use Zidoo Music Player.

According to @Nice Monkey the receiver also needs a bit of the time to get going with PCM signal. This introduces a short skip at the beginning of each track. Kodi has nice workaround where they can maintain audio signal or low noise level for few seconds eliminating this glitch.

We just want Zidoo to be the best media player out there :)

15. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

andreamusso.am and 3DBuff like this.
  16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Can this be used to browse network music library by folders using phone without the TV? Sort of remote app on the phone to Poweramp installed on Zidoo or web interface to it? Are the lyrics supported that way on the phone?

That's the only think it would interest me is to run Zidoo music from the phone without turning the TV on.

17. Lofas7777

Lofas7777 New Member

18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Interesting. The down side of this from what I see in the list of features is that music files are read and processed by the phone all the time. The phone will stream it back to Zidoo in simple bit format. I would rather see Zidoo reading and processing music files. The phone just to start stop and make adjustments.

19. Lofas7777

Lofas7777 New Member

20. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Yes, this is Zidoo Controller app. It controls Zidoo build in apps like Music Player and Video Player. With Music Player 6 finally network folder browsing works for me. The problem is that Music Player breaks between each track. Very annoying when music is continuous through the album. It’s lacking gapless playback standard feature on most media players.