Z1000 PRO

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Yep the price of it

2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

yes you are right :)

3. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

One guy reporting 16x4 TB on UHD2000

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Too expensive for me. Always buy the size with best Tbyte/Euro ratio which currently is at 8 Tbyte or 10 TByte.

Above 16 TB sector emulation 512e won't work anymore and Native 4K sector support will be needed. No idea if Zidoo does so already?

Юрий Гандев likes this.
  5. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

Sorry, 4TB each for 16 disks

6. CGI

CGI Member

Hello,
    New to this forum..; Help needed :)
    Got zidoo 1000 pro a few days ago. Till now had Dune. Took out 4 TB HDD from Dune ant inserted it into the internal bay of z1000 pro. Everything fine - z1000pro recognized it and played everything on it;
    BUT it turns out z1000pro could only read from it (no delete, create new folder allowed) :(. Drilling down, I saw that I had formatted the 4TB HDD wit EXT3 file system. Inserted another disk with NTFS everything allowed.
    So my question is how to cope with this problem - As far as I know, Android 9, being Linux based should work with Ext3.
    Any suggestion highly appreciated - do not want to reformat the disk
    P.S - read almost everything on the posts and did not find such a problem

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  7. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

You can do this on NTFS disk.

In mediacenter (File explorer) select file/folder then press right navigator key to pop up the action menu for delete, copy, paste or cut(move).

8. CGI

CGI Member

That is exactly the problem! I can do this on a NTFS disk, but NOT on a EXT 3 disk :(

9. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

Got it

10. CGI

CGI Member

@Mabon - thank you - the HDD is about 3,2 TB full. So, obviously will go for migrating the content and formatting it to NTFS.
    I was wondering if it was me missing/doing wrong something - but if it is the Zidoo OS limitation, then no other choice.
    No worth buying SW - to be honest - all such SW starts with the disclaimer "Export or back up data in storage device first" :)
    Have a spear 2TB HDD - do you think z1000 will bear the power load if I connect it to the external SATA port - 1 internal 3,5" 4TB and one external SATA 3,5" 2TB and copy?

P.S. strangely enough the well known seller's page states:
    "File Systems - EXT3, EXT4, NTFS, FAT32, EXFAT"

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  11. CGI

CGI Member

I was not quite honest :) I have other 5 external USB 500 GB disks :) I will manage this.
    The main question was will the z1000 PSU stand two 3.5" disks simultaneously.
    And yes, a new higher capacity disk purchase considered too.
    Thank you!

12. Nice Monkey

I don't recommend to do so even if it works (the whole powers up).
    Read my review for details.

13. CGI

CGI Member

Hi,
    Believe me, I have read your review(s):)

You say:

"z1000 Pro - Excellent internal earthed 12V 5A PSU"
    meaning 12x5=60 W

"- SATA internal/external is about 10W average per 3.5 HDD and above 15W when starting up.
    - System is about 7W sustained when running APPs"

let's put 15W per SATA 3.5 disk x2 = 30 W
    lets assume 15 W system sustained.

all equals 45 W against 60 W PSU, which is about 75% load (yes, above 50%), but not all power up.

Open to other suggestions how to solve EXT3 problem

14. Nice Monkey

In fact it is sustained power about 2x 10W + 7 W = 27 W. Which is less than 50% so very safe to run it like that. Startup peak may be 45W but that is fine too.

Never tried EXT3 but ran a test once with EXT4 and that worked read/write during the test. EXT4 is the better choice anyway for Linux compatibility.
    Maybe there is a setting that makes write restricted to the old OS? I am not familiar with Linux. Ask somebody who is.

15. gymnos

gymnos Member

The internal PSU is just 1.3A

:mad:

16. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

If power is a problem, then a USB 3.0 to SATA Hard Drive Docking Station, with its own power supply, might be the solution? I have one by StarTech.

17. Nice Monkey

Strange specification indeed as this is peak current at the 100V - 240V Input side and not Output which for sure is 12V 5A.
    Already informed Zidoo about this misleading info.

18. Why don't you try put the HDD in PC than move all the files, format to NTFS & put it back on Zidoo?
    I Did it many times when changing HDD. It's quicker believe me.

19. CGI

CGI Member

Thnk you All,
    I did the copying amd re-formating. (closed)
    but we deviate from the topic - this is Zidoo forum

The main question here was - Does z1000 pro suport ext3 file system (read and write), as stated in some published specs

20. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

Just looked in the Z1000 Pro Manual (Page 15)

upload_2020-9-15_16-43-7.png

virojsin likes this.