Home Theater 2.0 - Tips/Questions/Tricks

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by manifesto1969, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

Thank you for your response.
    But I thought it loads images automatically.

2. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

Anyone know how the movie trailer works?

3. starboard

starboard New Member

Thanks paxnn, this worked for me. My 'Rawhide' collections didn't have a collection artwork available to use as a collection but all the seasons did for some reason. Was able to put one on a thumb drive and select it as you noted to do. Thanks for posting this.

4. Tony77

Tony77 Member

I noticed depending upon what program created the NFO file, things like trailers, posters, and fan art are actually url LINKS inside of the corresponding NFO!!!

This is a great concept but unfortunately I cannot tell exactly WHICH of these NFO features/data work with HT2.0??? And I've noticed an NFO with bad data corrupts that file in the database..this can be the cause for missing titles, unrecognized files, & info that refuses to update.

PS. can anyone tell me if they allow WRITE permissions on their media shares??? I never have for security reasons....but maybe I should??? Idk

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  5. Jeff Palmer

Jeff Palmer New Member

New to the forums. Love my Zidoo. Does anyone know if it's possible to customize the playback of trailers? I want to do 2 things. I want to edit the autoplay feature to play whatever YouTube file I point that movie to in the background, customize the link. Then, I'd like it to be audio-only, no picture. Why? I would love to track down theme songs for each movie on YouTube and have them play in the background when I select a movie in the library. This autoplay trailer feature seems to have the makings for this idea, I'm just curious how easy it might be to customize it behind the scenes. Any ideas???

6. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

For now there is no option to change or add links or insert your own local trailers into the mix. You could link your own additional high quality trailer under "Other" button. Check here.

Jeff Palmer likes this.
  7. mv038856

mv038856 New Member

Feature Request

I don't know if this is the right place to post this. I enjoy using Home Theater 2.0 on my Z9Ses a lot.

What I am missing in HT 2.0 is an analysis of the movie file regarding available languages (audio and subtitles) and audio/video codec information. Currently, some basic info on the video codec is provided only after the movie has been played for the first time. The languages and the (audio) codecs should be shown on the movie page and should also be filter criteria within HT 2.0.

Is something like this already planned or is it already available and I am just not smart enough to find the right option to activate this?

Besides the feature request, is there a place where I can find the most recent (beta) version of HT 2.0?

Thanks!

Markus

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I would like that too. Make another button icon that shows all info about the file like MediaInfo app.
    Chances of getting this are very slim. Even Kodi doesn't have it.

9. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

Guys I have a problem with HT 2.0. Some of my movies are 1080p but when I run them through the HT they show incorrectly as 720 resolution. I tried adding fhd or 1080p after the movie name and it seems that the bandana is correct until the moment I run the film. Then the film show again 720 and the HD bandana disappears. It's like the file naming is overridden once you run the movie.

Any way to correct this or why these movies are incorrectly being recognized as 720 resolution when they are 1080p?

10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Maybe the movie is 720p? Check with Media Info app.

11. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

After going through many Media Info files I think I found what is causing it. If the movie is not exactly 1920 pixels width it's not recognized as a 1080 movie. Some of the films I have are 1910, 1916 or 1918 pixels width and they are all recognized as 720 resolution.

The same with 4K. I have a movie that is 3828 pixel width instead of the normal 3840 pixels. And in HT it shows as 2K.

Is there a way to fix this?

12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

The movies that are not exactly 1920 we resized, maybe cropped or coming from some capture device. Most likely low quality. Don’t know about the fix.

13. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

They are high quality mkv files. I dont know why they were cropped to be honest. There must be a way around this.

14. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

Ok this starts to become frustrating. I downloaded a different version of both films that have the full 1920 pixels width but HT2.0 still refuses to recognize them as 1080 video files. They still show as 720 resolution.

Below you can see their MediaInfo files. I really don't know what else to do with these...

General
    Unique ID : 205567997203888796618405998419183425287 (0x9AA6F4C5BD5BD0A9A211E32F43B45707)
    Complete name : \\28 Weeks Later.mkv
    Format : Matroska
    Format version : Version 1
    File size : 7.94 GiB
    Duration : 1 h 40 min
    Overall bit rate : 11.4 Mb/s
    Encoded date : UTC 2008-05-17 17:30:42
    Writing application : mkvmerge v2.0.2 ('You're My Flame') built on Feb 21 2007 23:40:55
    Writing library : libebml v0.7.7 + libmatroska v0.8.1
    Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L5.1
    Format settings : CABAC / 5 Ref Frames
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, Reference : 5 frames
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Bit rate : 9 850 kb/s
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 040 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 1.85:1
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 23.976 FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.206
    Stream size : 6.73 GiB (85%)
    Writing library : x264 core 59 r845 9386865
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=7 / brdo=1 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / wpredb=1 / bime=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=9850 / ratetol=1.0 / rceq='blurCplx^(1-qComp)' / qcomp=1.00 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=2:1.00
    Language : English
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No
    Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : DTS
    Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
    Codec ID : A_DTS
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 1 509 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel layout : C L R Ls Rs LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 93.750 FPS (512 SPF)
    Bit depth : 24 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 1.06 GiB (13%)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General
    Unique ID : 244100396109711032252427588032020604595 (0xB7A406B709E3771DBBF59E0D403BE6B3)
    Complete name : \\Event Horizon.mkv
    Format : Matroska
    Format version : Version 1
    File size : 7.94 GiB
    Duration : 1 h 35 min
    Overall bit rate : 11.9 Mb/s
    Encoded date : UTC 2009-01-02 18:10:41
    Writing application : mkvmerge v2.4.1 ('Use Me') built on Dec 5 2008 18:30:05
    Writing library : libebml v0.7.7 + libmatroska v0.8.1
    Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4
    Format settings : CABAC / 5 Ref Frames
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, Reference : 5 frames
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Bit rate : 11.2 Mb/s
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 816 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 2.35:1
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 23.976 FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.298
    Stream size : 7.36 GiB (93%)
    Writing library : x264 core 65 r1069 ed32ad2
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=7 / psy_rd=1.0:0.0 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / wpredb=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=11212 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:1.00
    Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Commercial name : Dolby Digital
    Codec ID : A_AC3
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 640 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel layout : L R C LFE Ls Rs
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 439 MiB (5%)
    Service kind : Complete Main
    Text
    ID : 3
    Format : UTF-8
    Codec ID : S_TEXT/UTF8
    Codec ID/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text
    Default : No

15. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

From your MediaInfo screen shots, your videos have obviously been compressed or shrunk using an external program...Both videos are only 7.94 gb and their bit rates are low....combined with all those ancillary Encoding settings that are included in your MediaInfo screenshot..... the "shrinking" method of the movie file by whatever program was used is more than likely what is tripping up Home Theater from reading the video format properly. If the source of the videos is via download and not ripped yourself..... well, then you get what you get. You could try to re-encode them yourself with Handbrake and you could possibly fix them.

16. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

I'm just curious what HT sees in these files that makes it believe it is 720 resolution. I originally had different versions of these two that had less than 1920 pixels width and I thought that this was the problem. But these two now are completely different versions so there must be something else going on.

17. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

Also now I have another problem with HT 2.0. It seems that for some reason when I input the film folder into the source destination it detects the change, makes the auto scanning but the film fails to appear.

And when I go to sources I can see it showing 458/459 which means there is 1 that has not been scanned. I have no idea how to fix this...

18. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

Well...HT is very picky with some specific file names which can cause a lot of trouble. The two files I had problem with seems that HT liked them when I added 1080p at the end of the file name instead of FHD. With 1080p at the end both of them appeared correctly both inside the NFO and with the correct HD bandana at the poster.

Fingers crosses not to break anything else....

19. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

Does anyone know how to reset a movie poster so it can be re-scanned? I mean when you originally import a new movie it shows only the MKV badge and after you run it for the first time it shows also the resolution and framerate badges. Is there a way to delete this for a specific movie so it will display only the MKV badge again? Because when I delete a movie from HT and reimport it, it keeps the previous resolution and framerate badges.

20. VonMagnum

VonMagnum Member

Anyone ever run into a situation where it's "updating in the background" and it just keeps updating and updating over and over again? A reboot did NOT help. The only thing I can think of is I removed a couple of movies on my server that got replaced with new MKV DTS:X versions (I noticed it still thinks the old files are there and trying to play them just says it failed, but it doesn't offer to remove them from the list). I've never had it do this before. I have not upgraded firwmare or anything in over a year.