HDR not working

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20' started by tz4, Jan 1, 2020.

1. verbatim

verbatim New Member

NEW Z1000 PRO HDR Samsung working ??????

2. Alex Long

Alex Long New Member

Hi, I have had the exact same issue - I have an LG TV though, no HDR - I have to manually change the resolution on playback depending on on the video source every time - extremely frustrating! Contacted Zidoo support and they didn’t have a clue what was going on about, even though I gave them a full description of the issue with screenshots/photos. I have a Samsung TV too and HDR doesn’t work on that one either.
    I had a Zappiti player before the X20 and I had no playback issues with that. I’m thinking of selling this X20 and buying Zappiti again to be honest.

3. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

The problem is the hdmi implementation of each brand in this case Zidoo or Samsung or LG or whatever brand ... I handel's this problem with another customer by referring to Hd fury who you can contact them and ask them your question and they gave you a straight and honest answer without lifting the bank. There are no rules about hdmi implementation so every brand can do it like they please . It works or won't so looks like the Far West ? Yes it is. I had the same sh*t with my Q90r and the only solution for proper hdr is the hd fury device otherwise you get stuck with 8 bit, color shifting etc ... if there was a vast rule about hdmi it should relieve most headaches.

4. Alex Long

Alex Long New Member

Hi, I looked at the Fury device, but costing about £100 I decided not to buy. Instead I bought another Zappiti and sold the Zidoo - about £150 cheaper and communicates perfectly with my LG so no more HDR issues - problem solved, I just won’t buy another Zidoo player as long as I have this LG TV

zarathoestra likes this.
  5. tz4

tz4 Member

Looks like Zidoo will not try to make a solution.
    Best bet is selling Zidoo. Sad.

6. Alex Long

Alex Long New Member

It is sad as the Zidoo UI is much more advanced compared to Zappiti, but at the end of the day it’s the video playback that is important and Zappiti put a lot more thought and effort into this by the looks of it, so they get my vote

7. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

Hmmm this is a kind of mixed bag here easy to blame one or the other manufacturer to not have the right implementation . Why should the little companies bend over to the big greedy monster companies ;) Maybe it's time to make to some fixed rules about hdmi implementation with pointing fingers at each other there will be no solution in the near future. Start with hdmi is a first step in the right direction.