Music Player on Zidoo UHD2000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by dapro, Jun 26, 2020.

1. dapro

dapro Member

Dear community,

I have a question about the Music Plaxer on the Zidoo UHD2000. I have edited and tagged my CD´s with mp3 tag. Now to the problem. If I now have my albums read in, some albums show wrong covers, which means covers from other CDs are taken. Is there a way to change it or is it a known bug. Are there alternatives? Please help.
    it's frustrating

Thank you

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

This is known. It works only correctly with embedded ID3v2 covers. Does not read folder/cover files but uses scraping results instead.
    I believe a full new Music Player is in the work. As Zidoo is moving into the Music Player market a lot of future development may be expected.
    The first to come is gapless playback.

Mabon and Юрий Гандев like this.
  3. dapro

dapro Member

OK, thanks for that :)
    where can you find out if there is a new music player or when it will be released?

4. Nice Monkey

When available you will find references here. Zidoo never mentions planned release dates to anybody just what they are working on.

5. dapro

dapro Member

I understand that. But if Zidoo were good at saying what you are working on, I think many users would ask less what points to errors, or if there are discrepancies as here in the music player

6. gymnos

gymnos Member

I hope the new Z series comes with this feature.

:confused:

7. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

The latest Z9X beta 6.0.19 firmware comes with music player v6.0.3. I've tried to extract it but I guess because the new models run Android 9 I couldn't get it to work on my Android 7.x based Z9S.

DELUCAS likes this.
  8. Nice Monkey

The certification is different. :)

9. Nice Monkey

No they don't. Gapless will be available on high end models only according Zidoo after asking them.
    If this is for HiFi models only then? The X20 used to be a High End model but without HiFi panel. Precisely that model has been withdrawn from marketing.

gymnos likes this.
  10. dapro

dapro Member

then I'm curious when that comes for the UHD2000. Such an expensive device. I also hope if you will get a real cover ad. it's a bit ridiculous that it takes so long.

Mabon likes this.
  11. McBluna

On the product page of the new Z9X is a picture of MP6 and it shows covers...
    [​IMG]

12. McBluna

I've just checked the MP5 on my Z9S and what should I say... the player don't even read all the infos from the tags.
    I've tested several albums. Artist and genre are missing.

Update:
    I guess MP uses only the filename and not the tags. I don't use the artist in the filename. My folder structure looks like this:
    artist1
    album1
    01 - title.mp3
    02 - title.mp3
    album2
    01 - title.flac
    02 - title.flac
    artist2
    album1
    01 - title.mp3
    02 - title.mp3
    album2
    01 - title.flac
    02 - title.flac

Without using the tags MP5 is pretty useless to me. I prefer Poweramp like on my mobile.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    Mabon likes this.
  13. dan37

dan37 New Member

UHD3000 HIFI 4K UHD

1. it is written that the device shows 68 billion colors
    it converts color to 68 billion colors ?
    from 8 BIT/10BIT ?
    or shows 68 billion colors if there is a 12 BIT movie ?
    what converts the color to 12 BIT 68 billion colors ?..

2. do you see YCbCr 4: 4: 4 color space? do you see a difference in movies between 4: 2: 0 ?

3. how do you calibrate an image ?